It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At what point does the current administration own the economy?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2021 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I ask this as the Biden economy seems to be moving along nicely
IS this due to Biden's policies?

I'd like to hear from those in the know.
edit on 14-3-2021 by network dude because: (no reason given)

ETA:
Here is an older thread on that topic.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 14-3-2021 by network dude because: sometimes even really really dumb folks figure out how to "internet".

IMPORTANT: New (old) Standards Are Being Enforced (again) For New Threads
edit on Sun Mar 14 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2021 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

A fair and interesting question, so I started looking things up.

Technically, it appears (for the purpose of publication) that the president "owns" the economy from the day they take office (as you can see in this Investopedia report

From a practical standpoint, I don't think it's actually answerable because it's what's called (in socioeconomics) a "messy problem" - nobody starts with a clean slate (Obama's influence carried throughout Trump's administration thanks to a lot of policies and programs that remained in place) and any action done by the current administration is affected by those.

Heck, from a real standpoint, the Trump administration economy was influenced by the Bush administration, the Clinton administration, and even the Johnson and Kennedy administration (not to mention FDR's policies which included social security.)

The stock market reacts directly to who's in power, so Biden's impact over that area of the economy started the day he took office.

Short answer hard to tell but it's fair to say it started January 7th for all practical purposes.

posted on Mar, 14 2021 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Enjoy the bubble while it lasts.

As the old phrase goes ‘It’s time to make hay’.

posted on Mar, 14 2021 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Unfortunately, in political reality it goes like this...

If it is bad, Orange Man did it.

If it is good, Biden did it.

Now, you could point to specific policies that Trump did that really helped the economy...

You can show the actual footage of Obama saying that we will never again see a GDP over 1.8%

You could point out that what Biden is doing policy-wise will tank the economy...

But none of that will really matter to a lefty with a CNN headline to run with.

Doesn't really matter at this point anyways simply because we are past the point of turning back.

And the next bubble that pops will be the big one... the USD.

BUT a lot of voters seem to want that so we're all going to have to live through it.

~shrug~

posted on Mar, 14 2021 @ 12:23 PM
link   
The general rule is it takse 12 -18 months after a change in government/leader in the West as it takes a while for new policies to impact on the economy. Until then it's due to the policies of the previous admin (with the exception of crashes.shutdowns etc..). This looks more a return to the economic growth under Trump that was seen pre-Covid.

it'd probably take closer to 24 months before Biden/Dems could claim any responsibility for it - He didn't have any policies when running for election, let alone an economic plan and not heard of him proposing anything or the House/Senate debating or plannign a vote on economic policy.

No doubt they'll try and claim credit for it or any post-Covid recovery boom - it's standard behaviuor for all Parties and Politicians.
edit on 14-3-2021 by bastion because: (no reason given)

a reply to: Lumenari

Actual lefty here saying Trump had a good economic record - Biden and the Dems are Centre-Right wing so not sure why anyone who is left wing would support him/them or why anyone would watch CNN.

There's a big difference between people with actual political views/personal politics and morals and people who have no lnowlege of politics and cheerlead for political parties - maybe Dumbocrat or Retardican is better descriptor than Left or Righ wing for people who do that.
edit on 14-3-2021 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2021 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

You can show the actual footage of Obama saying that we will never again see a GDP over 1.8%

Please do.

posted on Mar, 14 2021 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Prior to JoBi Den stealing office, gas was about $2.18 a gallon.
Now it's $2.81! And the traitors have been in office for 2 months.
I have heard that it will be over $3.50 by Christmas!
Groceries have also gone up.
The ChiCrats are preventing the people to move away from the CoVID hot zones, and soon, the influx of illegals from South America will infect the U S population with another strain of the Chinese flu.
C'mon man, it's the plan, from, you know, the thing...
* N F!
edit on V422021Sundaypm31America/ChicagoSun, 14 Mar 2021 12:42:23 -05001 by Violater1 because: kfhduf

posted on Mar, 14 2021 @ 12:58 PM
link   

People don’t really appreciate how the change at the top effects the economy in just the attitude of investors.

The pandemic really messed with supply chains but I’ve heard through the grapevine that it’s getting worse now.
One of my customers said aluminum tubing has gone up 400% in the last couple months.
Another customer said he can’t get plastic for his injection molding machines or at least 30% glass reinforced plastic.
Not sure if that’s all plastic or just this specific type.

One customer can’t get blowers for his inflatable products like bouncy houses with the supplier excuse of sending blowers to Texas because of the flooding.

A local foam supplier is doing a shutdown this week and then back a week and another week off because they can’t get chemicals to make the foam.. probably because of Texas.

None of this stuff is being reported that I’m aware of but there are lots of weird things happening right now,

posted on Mar, 14 2021 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

Please do.

YouTube lookup "Obama Trump Magic Wand" all by yourself.

Or use your favorite search engine to lookup "Obama New Normal."

You may actually start learning to have your own opinion that way.

Oh, who am I kidding.

You're not going to do that and I am tired of spoon-feeding people information when because of their political viewpoint they just forget about the information in the next thread.

Did you actually live through 2012 to 2018 in America?

edit on 14-3-2021 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2021 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: network dude

A fair and interesting question, so I started looking things up.

Technically, it appears (for the purpose of publication) that the president "owns" the economy from the day they take office (as you can see in this Investopedia report

From a practical standpoint, I don't think it's actually answerable because it's what's called (in socioeconomics) a "messy problem" - nobody starts with a clean slate (Obama's influence carried throughout Trump's administration thanks to a lot of policies and programs that remained in place) and any action done by the current administration is affected by those.

Heck, from a real standpoint, the Trump administration economy was influenced by the Bush administration, the Clinton administration, and even the Johnson and Kennedy administration (not to mention FDR's policies which included social security.)

The stock market reacts directly to who's in power, so Biden's impact over that area of the economy started the day he took office.

Short answer hard to tell but it's fair to say it started January 7th for all practical purposes.

It so weird to see a true statement like this on ATS.

Bravo.

posted on Mar, 14 2021 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion

Actual lefty here saying Trump had a good economic record - Biden and the Dems are Centre-Right wing so not sure why anyone who is left wing would support him/them or why anyone would watch CNN.

There's a big difference between people with actual political views/personal politics and morals and people who have no lnowlege of politics and cheerlead for political parties - maybe Dumbocrat or Retardican is better descriptor than Left or Righ wing for people who do that.

Biden quite literally cost thousands of American jobs to be lost and raised gas prices...

On his first day in office.

So I'm not going by your 18-24 month scenario...

And as for political parties I entirely agree with you.

Neither one of them gives a damn about actual citizens anymore...

But the topic was Biden and the economy going forward.

posted on Mar, 14 2021 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Biden quite literally cost thousands of American jobs to be lost and raised gas prices..

This may come as a shock but the President doesn’t set gas prices.

posted on Mar, 14 2021 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Biden quite literally cost thousands of American jobs to be lost and raised gas prices..

That is correct, the president does not set gas prices.
He does however have the ability to do things like stop pipeline construction which has a direct effect on oil prices.

posted on Mar, 14 2021 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

This may come as a shock to you but when the President signs an EO that raises the price of oil, gas prices will go up as well.

You're not very good at thinking things through, are you?

posted on Mar, 14 2021 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Please do.

Oh, who am I kidding.

You're not going to do that and I am tired of spoon-feeding people information when because of their political viewpoint they just forget about the information in the next thread.

So you can't actually

show the actual footage of Obama saying that we will never again see a GDP over 1.8%

Were you mistaken or lying?

edit on 14-3-2021 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2021 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

I think in the past many would give the President their first 100 days, personally I think after the first year it is all on the next guy though I do agree that decades of past administrations can influence too.

But now we enter this hyper change as we see close to 2 billion pass, 50+ executive orders along with a big change to support more lock downs. Gas went up about 15%+ and that will drive many other things, lock downs will continue to hurt us and we might see inflation number not seen in a very long time. I think this time next year if the average family has 20% less buying power then it is safe to suggest all Biden.

edit on 14-3-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2021 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

I wonder if you realize you basically said Trump inherited good policies from Obama, but Biden is great on his own and Trump didn't help the current economy. This is essentially what I expected. I asked this back about two years into Trump's admin, since that was what I was told then the rule of thumb was. It's just funny how the rules change. Honesty is in short supply.

posted on Mar, 14 2021 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Ive been watching the supply issues closely and it's getting bad. I think it's all intentional, shutting down vendors to create scarcity and start jacking prices. Seriously I think we are headed for 200% price hikes in nearly all goods over the next year. Many items will simply not be available. They will promise months ahead to deliver then tell us no, they can get what they need. It is going to be the worst economic crash America has ever seen. Weimar keeps coming up as a simile. Only good difference is no wheel barrow full of money will be needed.

posted on Mar, 14 2021 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Biden definitely owns gas prices.

The bastard.

posted on Mar, 14 2021 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Please do.

Oh, who am I kidding.

So you can't actually

show the actual footage of Obama saying that we will never again see a GDP over 1.8%

Were you mistaken or lying?

So you are so pathetic that you can't do a basic web search.

I will do it for you...

CNN Graph on Obama's economy

During just the years that President Barack Obama has been in office (2009 through 2012), average annual growth in real GDP has been only 1.075 percent.

The 1.075 percent average annual growth in real GDP under Obama equals less than a third (31.57 percent) of the 3.405 percent average annual growth in real GDP the United States saw in the last two decades of the last century.

The 1.775 percent average annual growth of GDP in the twelve years since the beginning of this century, equals only 52 percent of the 3.405 percent average annual growth in real GDP the country saw in the last two decades of the last century.

In the first two quarters of this year, the beginning of President Obama's second term, real GDP has grown at an annualized rate of 1.1 percent and 1.7 percent.

He didn't get any better at it and pointed out that he was only here to "manage the decline of America"...

“Well, how exactly are you going to do that?” Obama asked about Trump bringing manufacturing jobs back to the United States. “What exactly are you going to do? There’s no answer to it. He just says, ‘Well, I’m going to negotiate a better deal.’ Well, what, how exactly are you going to negotiate that? What magic wand do you have? And usually the answer is, he doesn’t have an answer.”

He might as well have said, “Our best days are behind us, so you better get used to it.”

The Obama era was all about managing America's decline, and Joe Biden wants to take us back to it

Obama's "Magic Wand" video...

The video I was talking about... when he said that America's GDP had sunk to 1.9% and was going lower, as forecast by Obama's team.

He was OK with that.

The 2013 Obama budget declared, “In the 21st Century, real GDP growth in the United States is likely to be permanently slower than it was in earlier eras...

Now, I don't expect you to click on any actual links, watch the video or do anything that will not confirm your bias on the subject.

So you're not going to learn anything, will repeat the same crap tomorrow and I have wasted 5 minutes on you.

Which is why I don't like spoon-feeding the left.

Y'all never grow out of the spoon feeding stage.

Makes CNN happy though...

BaaHHhaa...

edit on 14-3-2021 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join