It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daylight Savings Begins In The Morning at 2 AM

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2021 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Hello everybody, tonight standard time ends and a new 2021 daylight savings time begins early in the morning of March 14, 2021. I had no idea that it started early this year. Maybe the Federal Government will phase standard time out, who knows...

Daylight Savings Time Begins For 2021

So, don't forget to move the clocks and timepieces up/forward one hour.

One less hour to sleep tonight, whoopee!

posted on Mar, 13 2021 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightFlight
Hello everybody, tonight standard time ends and a new 2021 daylight savings time begins early in the morning of March 14, 2021. I had no idea that it started early this year. Maybe the Federal Government will phase standard time out, who knows...

Daylight Savings Time Begins For 2021

So, don't forget to move the clocks and timepieces up/forward one hour.

One less hour to sleep tonight, whoopee!

Don't need to worry about that in beautiful Arizona.

posted on Mar, 13 2021 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Don't need to worry about that in beautiful Arizona.

Yeah, I saw that on the map. I sometimes wish we didn't do it or at least stay on one time standard or the other. 'bout the time I gets used to one, its time for another...

posted on Mar, 13 2021 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Very nice to remind people, etc, but as this is a site for intelligent paranoids, it occurs to me that throwing off the circadian rhythms of most of the country twice a year and making it so that so many will have to think about what the heck the time is or isn't, has a happy side-effect of keeping the herd off-balance and divided.

I'll go back to fortifying my bunker, now.

posted on Mar, 13 2021 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Remember folks, daylight saving time can KILL!

posted on Mar, 13 2021 @ 10:55 PM
link   
The time change happened hours ago in our house, that way we get our required amount of sleep, other wise we lose an hour since I get up at seven thirty every morning and the wife gets up around nine thirty....she does not need to sleep till ten thirty.

posted on Mar, 13 2021 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: NightFlight

What happens to all of the daylight that's saved ?

posted on Mar, 14 2021 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Luckily, these days your phone just automatically corrects itself, so it’s not something you really need to plan for anymore.

Back in the day though, pretty sure I used to miss it every single time... fricken rock up to work either an hour late or early.

posted on Mar, 14 2021 @ 05:08 AM
link   
I wake up when the rooster crows. It's all the same day.
Except Tuesday.
No hot dogs on Tuesday.

posted on Mar, 14 2021 @ 05:11 AM
link   
But not yet in England.
It just means that ATS will be showing me the wrong time for the next couple of weeks.

posted on Mar, 14 2021 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

It just means that ATS will be showing me the wrong time for the next couple of weeks.

Yep , your post was made at 11:11 AM , that's the future according to my clock.

posted on Mar, 14 2021 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Officially it is Daylight SAVING Time.
No "s"

posted on Mar, 14 2021 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

What happens to all of the daylight that's saved ?

The government gets to keep it. After they tax it of course.

posted on Mar, 14 2021 @ 10:38 AM
link   

It was to late when I woke up at 325am i had an alarm set for 230am i was like wtf why didnt my alarm go off it went off at 330 instead of 230 even though it's set for 230.

I was like really wtf kind of junk ass phone is this it's still set for 230am tomorrow so I guess I will find out tomorrow.

The phone is a Samsung so not sure why the alarm was an hour late today.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

With the lockdown thing happening, I haven’t had a regular sleep pattern. I slept from 9 am to 11 am this morning just because it was the weekend. When all was “normal”, I would be all messed up and angry at government officials! [ETA: For the time change thing]

Now I wake up at 2am just to watch cartoons and nod off the until I have to wake up!! Ah, the Land of the Midnight Sun already has me screwed up!

Welcome to my world, Children of the Lockdown!!

🍺

(Phumpfff... phumffffff... 😂)
edit on 15-3-2021 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: Clarity

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Me too.

I've totally flipped and gone all feral vampire. I try to stay up for a day to reset and end up nodding off at 9 a.m. and springing awake at 4.

I almost feel like getting an office job or something so I have to conform to the... er, the reality of our lately unreal seeming planet... but nah.

Blue blockers, walks, hot baths, strange teas, "mellow"-tonin, bad TV, boring docs, a tumbler of "Very Old Barton" or a funny, newly legal cigarette and ... still wide awake and restless at 2 a.m.

Oh well, at least we're not missing anything.

new topics

top topics

join