It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dem Covid Relief Bill-Pays Off Farm Debt ONLY For Minority Farmers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Mar, 13 2021 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Let's put aside, for now, the fact that the Democrat's new Covid Relief Bill actually has ANYTHING to do with paying off loans to farmers.

As many people know, congressional Democrats got their $1.9 trillion COVID-19 relief bill passed this week. However, some of the radical policies inside the bill have gone largely underreported.

One of those policies is a provision that farmers receive certain aid only if they are a racial minority.

However, the only farmers eligible for these benefits are those who are considered “socially disadvantaged,” which the law defines as a “group whose members have been subjected to racial or ethnic prejudice because of their identity as members of a group without regard to their individual qualities. “

thefederalistpapers.org...
(BOLD MINE)

HOW is it fair or wise to exclude ANY particular race of people from this particular debt forgiveness?

This bill pays off up to 120% of ONLY minority-owned farm loans...which means they not only get their loans paid off by the US taxpayer (read you and me)...but that they also get a little somethin'-somethin' extra (20%)...just to make sure they're super appreciative, come November.

Again, aside from the 'COVID RELIEF' Bill having absolutely nothing to do with farm loans...this bill provision is 100% racist in nature.

It is blatantly and officially stating that ONLY White farmers should be held responsible for their actions of taking out loans...but NON-White farmers should not, or cannot, be held responsible.

Additional:

Coronavirus relief funding includes $5 billion for farmers of color

www.cbsnews.com...
edit on 13-3-2021 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-3-2021 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 13 2021 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Recipe for social disorder. Thanks for mentioning this.

Cheers

+15 more 
posted on Mar, 13 2021 @ 11:26 AM
link   
If they wanted to borrow money on my behalf to pay off my loans with my money, that would be awful.

But they're not paying off my loans- they're borrowing my money to pay off someone elses loans, and then giving me the bill. Plus interest.

How is it that the people in charge of our taxes have no concept of how money works?

+13 more 
posted on Mar, 13 2021 @ 11:32 AM
link   
This is total BS!
How Racist will it become before this
administration breaks!
They are Trying to Incite more Wars!

posted on Mar, 13 2021 @ 11:32 AM
link   
This is total BS!
How Racist will it become before this
administration breaks!
They are Trying to Incite more Wars!

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 13 2021 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Yeah, I saw Lindsay Graham attacked for calling this "reparations". He is not off one bit apparently.
Disgusting Dems, at it with racist policy every time throughout history. They have no redeeming qualities.
reply to: [post=25802358]IAMTAT[/pos

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 13 2021 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Minority urban businesses get preference in the "rescue" portion of the bill as well.

posted on Mar, 13 2021 @ 11:58 AM
link   

How long is it going to be until people realize they're being played by those who want to cause division in society?

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 13 2021 @ 11:59 AM
link   
# these people. So tired of this crap.

Let’s combat racism with racism, frigg’n brilliant dems, great job👍🤮

posted on Mar, 13 2021 @ 12:16 PM
link   
A decentralized food supply is lookin miiighty fine right about now..

Expect more of this.

Any assistance that is rendered from the government will be done in deeply divisive ways. Then, it will be marketed by the same methods as have been successful for decades now. "If you dont like it, you are a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad person."

Only ways to change course that I can see are 1) deploying a decentralized infrastructure that competes with the corporate Monolith and capitalizes on its weaknesses, or 2) AI take over.

Both have some issues themselves, of course. The latter especially.. But I believe the current path towards technofascism mught be the worst option for literally everyone involved (including those who feel they will benefit most).
edit on 13-3-2021 by Serdgiam because: Invisible gnomes

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 13 2021 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Basically,

It is important to stoke a race war so they can continue their rigging and child molestation hobbies.

posted on Mar, 13 2021 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam
A decentralized food supply is lookin miiighty fine right about now..

Expect more of this.

Any assistance that is rendered from the government will be done in deeply divisive ways. Then, it will be marketed by the same methods as have been successful for decades now. "If you dont like it, you are a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad person."

Only ways to change course that I can see are 1) deploying a decentralized infrastructure that competes with the corporate Monolith and capitalizes on its weaknesses, or 2) AI take over.

Both have some issues themselves, of course. The latter especially.. But I believe the current path towards technofascism mught be the worst option for literally everyone involved (including those who feel they will benefit most).

In the IT field (as opposed to the farming field) younger folks tend to really lean towards bigger, badder, more central.
I get it- it's a lot less overhead for the same output. It costs less, it causes less headaches, its overall better when your goal is cost to performance ratio. But the older folks fight it. Yes, it's better in every way according to the statistics. Right up until it breaks- then instead losing a portion of productivity the whole thing falls apart and the entire system falls apart. Everyone who depends on it is suddenly without.

When its netflix or amazon, fine.
When its your food source that supplies a nation, not so fine.

As I recall this country started plowing under crops last spring. food stores are running out.
Current administration wants to enforce rules that make it harder to recover.

Honestly not surprised since they're throwing people under the bus left and right. Coumo? (sp?) He killed thousands. Dozens of other powerful people followed his lead. If he was actually in trouble for his crimes they'd be in trouble, so instead they'll pull the me-too thing on him. Did he rape a dozen women? no idea. Wouldn't even surprise me. Is that why he's being ousted? Absolutely not.

posted on Mar, 13 2021 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

It is indeed true that adopting decentralized systems in centralized structures has higher overhead (among other detrimental effects).

I think the biggest issue is the power dynamic though. Which implies that the decentralized systems are best adopted from the ground up. In other words, decentralize the power structure as well as the discrete systems themselves.

This changes the discussion on terms like "overhead" quite dramatically. To the point where the situations are nearly incomparable. Arguably though, we could still take advantage of things like buying in volume through an expanded application of strategies like "group buying."

Most who advocate for things like growing your own food do so in more traditonal paradigms. Or, at best, how to use technology to lessen workload in those traditonal paradigms.

Like I said though, its not some paragon of perfection. I do believe its a better path for our civilization regardless.. But it also serves the imperative, important role of fortifying an alternative position in this conflict.

Id suggest getting stuff for 3D printers and CNC too. I expect them to be vilified heavily in the near future.

But yeah.. The whole Cuomo situation is absolutely wild to me. Make decisions that might have resulted in thousands upon thousands of deaths? Emmy, book deal, and endless praise for a "job well done." Say some inappropriate things? "TAKE HIM DOWN!"

Bit hyperbolic of course. Its all just dependent on centralized media and information channels. They tell people what to do and how to think and here we are. I do suspect he is something of a sacrifice to save the face and position of other bureaucrats and corporatists.

posted on Mar, 13 2021 @ 01:05 PM
link   

hmmmmm, Bill Gates buys up over 800k acres of farmland and now with racist policies towards white farmers I see a major food shortage in the near future.
How long before apartheid and a race war? Segregation is already being championed by racists as we speak.
This is sooooooo progressive.
If I had a farm that was struggling thru this scamdemic I would just shut it down and worry about growing enough food for my family.

posted on Mar, 13 2021 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Democrats prove over and over how much they DEMAND EQUALITY as they continue to place people and groups into CATEGORIES 🤣🤣🤣

They've been fighting that War on Poverty since the 1960s and lo and behold, there's more people in poverty now than ever 🤣🤣🤣

posted on Mar, 13 2021 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The Government policies always discriminated on giving special loans to special groups and then make sure those special loans get paid off by special laws and special policies 🤣🤣🤣

posted on Mar, 13 2021 @ 01:40 PM
link   
All I can say is how does it feel to be on the other foot? And before you go off, think about it.

Doesn't feel good does it?

posted on Mar, 13 2021 @ 01:45 PM
link   

This is what the evil left voted for.

Can't say I'm surprized.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 13 2021 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
All I can say is how does it feel to be on the other foot? And before you go off, think about it.

I think you meant to say "now that the shoe is on the other foot."

But what shoe and foot, exactly?

Being punished by your own government for being white?

Or having your government tell you that you are not as capable as white people are, so they need to "help" you?

A rational person would say that a government should not base a monetary decision on a skin color.

Because it is racist.

But our country is being run by a bunch of racist politicians now, so it is to be expected.

I understand why you are not going to understand either side of that particular conversation.

Simply because you are one of millions of "woke" bigots that make up a portion of our citizenry.

You are a part of the problem.

edit on 13-3-2021 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 13 2021 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite

Most of us have never discriminated against anyone. Any normal person is well beyond that.

How does blatant discrimination against people who, most likely have not discriminated themselves, help anything?

It's wrong, no matter which way you look at it.

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join