It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dem Oregon State Sens Intro Bill to Pay Blacks $123,000 Each in Reparations

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Reparations are coming to Oregon...if the state's Democrat senators have their way.

The bill would have the Department of Revenue establish a reparations payment program to residents “who can demonstrate heritage in slavery” and have identified as “African-American” for at least ten years.

“The payment would be an annuity where recipients would receive $123,000 paid out over the course of their life, plus interest,” the Daily Wire report says. “The average black man has a lifespan of 75 years, so if a 30-year-old black man applies for the reparations program he would receive a yearly payment of approximately $2,733 per year from the Oregonian government. If the recipient receives a five percent interest rate on the reparations money, they could receive up to $2,870 per year.”

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

Well...receiving $123,000 should probably sound like a pretty good deal to someone who wasn't even alive in the 1860's.
Oregonians can thank their Democrat senators if this bill passes...although, personally, I'm glad I don't live there to have my State taxes support this.

Unfortunately, being a white person from another state, who's ancestors died freeing the slaves from Democrats, won't get me aboard the Oregon reparations gravy train.

What say you, ATS Oregonians?...do reparations for slavery sound great to you?

edit on 12-3-2021 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Great opportunity for forged documents proving a slave heritage 😎

Better than the fake ID markets 😎

+15 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Descendants of White Irish slaves will sue for equality !!!😎

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Great opportunity for forged documents proving a slave heritage 😎

Better than the fake ID markets 😎

Should be pretty easy to pull off.

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Buying me a Lexus, bitch!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry. Didn't mean to call you a bitch.

But I'll take the coin! We're running head-long off a cliff anyway, might as well be wearing bling when the bus crashes!

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Oregon is solidly Democratic. Nobody will stop them from paying out the big bucks to the Black people there.

Get the word out to your homies in Chicago and LA to saddle up, head out to Oregon, and get a drivers license..BEFORE the bill is passed.

edit on 3/12/2021 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Buying me a Lexus, bitch!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry. Didn't mean to call you a bitch.

But I'll take the coin! We're running head-long off a cliff anyway, might as well be wearing bling when the bus crashes!

Does this mean I'll be getting more crabs?

+14 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I predict a massive increase in the number of black people moving to Oregon.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

TheRedneck

The final bill may stipulate that only African Americans qualify.

Black people, like Kamala Harris, may not be eligible.

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

TheRedneck

The final bill may stipulate that only African Americans qualify.

Black people, like Kamala Harris, may not be eligible.

Did you see what they approved in your backyard in Evanston?

Glad I left Illinois when I did.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Descendants of White Irish slaves will sue for equality !!!😎

Raises Hand!!!

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 08:15 PM
link   

TheRedneck

That and those who are white that will now use their absurdities back at them and will identify as black. lulz

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Oregon is solidly Democratic. Nobody will stop them from paying out the big bucks to the Black people there.

Get the word out to your homies in Chicago and LA to saddle up, head out to Oregon, and get a drivers license..BEFORE the bill is passed.

The Dems are flush with money now and Oregon is the "pilot" state.......yeah, no planning there. 🙄

Economic inferno underway folks irregardless of whether this passes or catches on..

What good are reparations that aren't worth anything??

An online econ course could do wonders for most.

Of course, you can't explain that logic to the hopeful, and equally salivating, prospective recipients as the economy detonates in EVERYONE'S face...

🤦🏾‍♂️

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Yea this has as much chance of passing as secession in Texas or state/federal gun bans.
Sure makes great triggering material to two mintues hate though!!

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Yea this has as much chance of passing as secession in Texas or state/federal gun bans.

Then why did Dems propose it?

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 08:28 PM
link   

My ancestors who risked life and limb helping escaped slaves to Canada, I'm left off the gravy train, too.

What part of four flippin' generations ago do people have trouble with?? If you've issues today, it isn't because great grand pa was a slave, it's a you problem, and all that that money is going to get you is further into problems when the bills come due...

But what the Hell, right?? Stick it to the man...even though the guilty men have been dead and gone to hell before your grand parents were born...

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Who needs to forge documents? I identify as black.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 08:31 PM
link   

They have been paid reparations already.

Welfare..
Food stamps..

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I know how I am supposed to feel about this. I think if I were black, I might feel insulted by the inference that a few pieces of silver nullifies or makes history right. I think I might also feel insulted by the inference that I needed some guilty money for me to prosper.

We are not created equal. We should be equal under the law, but we are not. Not really. Still, people with heart and drive and ambition have and will and do rise far above their born station and achieve that which they dream of. I would rather see programs funded which assist educational costs, trade school costs, even vastly discounted real estate loans. People don't prosper by payoffs. There have been several times in my life in which $120,000 would have made a significant difference. I'm in one of them right now. Should black folks expect the rest of the constituency to chip in toward their payoff? I don't know. I think almost every collection of like skin tones have suffered at the hand of another.

Why have we never made reparations to the persons with fractions of Native American blood? Was their suffering less than that of the slaves?

I would be happy to help any person of any skin tone who had the ambition to work hard for themselves and their families. I have done so. I've never helped a person based upon their skin tone, but based upon their heart. I would be happy to contribute to a fund which helped any ambitious person.

The primary advantage that has driven my life has not been as a result of my beige skin; it has been as a result of the values given, driven into me, pounded into me by my parents, who didn't have a fricken clue what they were doing, but managed to somehow lead by example. They showed me how to treat people fairly, until and unless they became evil assholes that didn't deserve my kindness. My great-great-grandmother was called "high yellow". Not my term. It was a designation of the times, and referred to a light-skinned black person. Does that make a difference to my situation? I think it does not, except that I honor my family's history. I am a mutt. I am proud to be a mutt. #muttlivesmatter

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Sure makes great triggering material to two mintues hate though!!

I guess it does because it sure seems like you are triggered over it.

An ordinary American is just going to laugh at the subject and be happy they don't live in Oregon...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join