It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When it rains it pours... blood

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Not sure about you guys, but the daily adventures of JagStorm is almost beyond comprehension.

I don’t know if I need to buy a rabbits foot or what...
We will call today’s installment the smell of neighbor’s blood.

I’ve had a very stressful week, between my moms cancer, my dad’s condition and even more family health bad news I’d just about had it.
Today, I figured it was Friday and things were simmering down just a bit. I was looking forward to pizza and relaxing, two things that don’t happen often.

Then..

My little yapping dog starts going absolutely crazy at the door. Not her normal bark, but an intense scary bark. I immediately get up to see what is going on. I see a large man laying on the street, my very first impression was that he was vomiting.
I walk up to him, I see a very large pool of blood, he is holding his forehead. I wasn’t seeing vomit, I was seeing blood. I freak out, my instincts immediately tell me he was shot.

I back up a few steps and look around and start screaming while looking around for the shooter.. He says “I fell, I fell.” He tries to get up, I tell him to stop and lay down and we put pressure on his head, which is gushing with blood. I can feel the warm blood oozing through my fingers. I can feel his heartbeat on my palm. I scream more telling my husband to call 911. They show up in what seems like less than 2 minutes.
They take him away to the hospital. My hands are covered in his blood. I have washed them several times but still smell it.

I learned something today. Apparently, I am Fight not Flight.

So how was your Friday?

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

It’s a good thing you were there. Being a head injury, he could have bled out.

I know you’re stressed out. You should really be proud of yourself for this. Good job Jag!! You’re a hero!

👏

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 03:51 PM
link   
You did the right thing. Even though you were freaked out (understandably!), you got him the help he needed.
Hopefully you can still relax with pizza today!
edit on 12-3-2021 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 04:03 PM
link   

If everyone responded to a sudden threat to others
as you did today-- there would be no more wars.
I just found more respect for you than before: and
that was no mean feat. You deserve a lot more than
a pizza, Jag.

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

It’s a good thing you were there. Being a head injury, he could have bled out.

I know you’re stressed out. You should really be proud of yourself for this. Good job Jag!! You’re a hero!

👏

Thank you, but my little dog is the hero!
I am very happy I took first aid in my younger years.
I think all young people should get certified!

It is very weird all the strange thoughts that race through your head during an emergency.
... I hope this guy doesn't die
... I hope he does not have AIDS or other bloodborne disease
... Neither one of us are wearing a mask
...Who is going to clean up this large pool of blood (the firefighters cleaned it up btw)
...How the heck am I not freaking out more

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Congratulations to you. You did the right things in a stressful situation. You are the prime example of a modern good Samaritan.

You deserve kudos and some time to relax.

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Hell ... I knew that. LOL

edit on 1232021 by Snarl because: 🇺🇸&⭐️s for everyone

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 04:34 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 05:13 PM
link   

In situations like that I become eerily calm (per my wife and friends), and deal with the situation very methodically.

Once the situation is over...is when I freak out!

My EMT training when I was younger I guess, but it's still weird. I want people to live!

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 05:20 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

In situations like that I become eerily calm (per my wife and friends), and deal with the situation very methodically.

Once the situation is over...is when I freak out!

My EMT training when I was younger I guess, but it's still weird. I want people to live!

Yes, I freaked out, was VERY calm while holding his head, and then when they left, freaked out.

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Not sure about you guys, but the daily adventures of JagStorm is almost beyond comprehension.

I don’t know if I need to buy a rabbits foot or what...
We will call today’s installment the smell of neighbor’s blood.

I’ve had a very stressful week, between my moms cancer, my dad’s condition and even more family health bad news I’d just about had it.
Today, I figured it was Friday and things were simmering down just a bit. I was looking forward to pizza and relaxing, two things that don’t happen often.

Then..

My little yapping dog starts going absolutely crazy at the door. Not her normal bark, but an intense scary bark. I immediately get up to see what is going on. I see a large man laying on the street, my very first impression was that he was vomiting.
I walk up to him, I see a very large pool of blood, he is holding his forehead. I wasn’t seeing vomit, I was seeing blood. I freak out, my instincts immediately tell me he was shot.

I back up a few steps and look around and start screaming while looking around for the shooter.. He says “I fell, I fell.” He tries to get up, I tell him to stop and lay down and we put pressure on his head, which is gushing with blood. I can feel the warm blood oozing through my fingers. I can feel his heartbeat on my palm. I scream more telling my husband to call 911. They show up in what seems like less than 2 minutes.
They take him away to the hospital. My hands are covered in his blood. I have washed them several times but still smell it.

So how was your Friday?

Yeah we always "fall". Good on you though. Also, that rabbit did nothing wrong so don't take the foot. I know that metallic smell of the blood. Is he ok?

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 05:49 PM
link   

I think your dog should get the lion’s share of the credit. Seriously. You wouldn’t have known your neighbor was bleeding out in the street but for your little guy. Give him a steak tonight.

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 06:03 PM
link   
You worried me for a second. Thought I was slipping. Nope all good for now. : )

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 06:11 PM
link   

God Bless ya!

Soak your hands in some hot water and bleach darlin.

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

I think your dog should get the lion’s share of the credit. Seriously. You wouldn’t have known your neighbor was bleeding out in the street but for your little guy. Give him a steak tonight.

Best puppers in the world.

Seriously, we don’t deserve dogs.
edit on 12-3-2021 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

Best puppers in the world.

Seriously, we don’t deserve dogs.

I totally agree.

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Sh## JAG, you're just having hell of a rough run.

Last year was the best and worst year of my life. The contrast was so broad, the roller coaster so insane that I've just gone completely numb.

Make sure you don't go numb JAG. It's tempting to suppress everything, but I'll warn you it's a terrifying once you see it stick around.

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Sh## JAG, you're just having hell of a rough run.

Last year was the best and worst year of my life. The contrast was so broad, the roller coaster so insane that I've just gone completely numb.

Make sure you don't go numb JAG. It's tempting to suppress everything, but I'll warn you it's a terrifying once you see it stick around.

I literally said “what else could happen?”...
I would take boring over this roller coaster any day!

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Makes ya think though.

A couple of years ago, I assumed most things are a constant.

I now realize constants are few and far between. Reality is very fluid, and the whole world can change in one day.

I took a lot of things for granted, and my planning, short and long are very very different now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join