It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Floyd Family Reaps 27 Million Dollar Windfall. Did Riots Enable this Record Settlement?.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Friday, March 12, 2021

The family of George Floyd are about to have a parade of activists, and long-lost relatives, knocking on their door.

The city of Minneapolis has reached a $27 million civil settlement with the family of George Floyd, the Black man whose death in police custody last May sparked a wave of protests across the country and the world.

The Minneapolis City Council voted unanimously on Friday to approve the record settlement, which stems from a federal civil rights suit filed in July against the city and four former police officers over Floyd's fatal arrest.
More at: www.npr.org...

If George Floyd's videotaped death did not spark nationwide violence last Summer, it's unlikely his family would have received any compensation whatsoever.

It's even more extraordinary that this $27,000,000 payment to the Floyd family was made before anyone has been found "guilty" of killing him unjustly.

Mass Looting, Burning, and Murder of Innocents, to protest a law enforcement officer killing a suspect, yields HUGE rewards for those who lost the loved one, and for those who carried out the riots. Is that one lesson learned from the overall George Floyd saga?

-CareWeMust

edit on 3/12/2021 by carewemust because: Minor wording adjustment.

+28 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
Floyd was a drug addicted thug who died of an overdose.

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 03:36 PM
link   
If there's anything that's guaranteed to rile conservatives up, it's black people coming into a little bit of money. Would OP have started this thread if George Floyd was white? The one lesson we've learned from the George Floyd saga is that Americans hate black people, and all the while they'll bend over backwards to tell you they don't.
edit on 12-3-2021 by bigsnowman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 03:39 PM
link   

I'm going to get my brother to OD in police custody so I can get $30mil.

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Only in modern America could someone who was utterly worthless in life be worth $27 million following their merciful death.

+21 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigsnowman
If there's anything that's guaranteed to rile conservatives up, it's black people coming into a little bit of money. Would OP have started this thread if George Floyd was white? The one lesson we've learned from the George Floyd saga is that Americans hate black people, and all the while they'll bend over backwards to tell you they don't.

America hates junkie rapists that get idolized for the color of their skin.

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

Don’t know much about Floyd , sounds kind of harsh . I hope that scum bag chauvin gets his payback in jail . Killing a dude laying on the ground is not very impressive to me . Are you a cop ?

+10 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 03:45 PM
link   

If there's anything that's guaranteed to rile conservatives up, it's black people coming into a little bit of money. Would OP have started this thread if George Floyd was white?

No, because nobody riots like animals nor are their relatives awarded grotesque sums of money when a white POS thug dies in police custody while trying to fight the cops... that's a simple fact.

That said, I have to wonder how much of that $27 million went to the non-black team of lawyers the Floyd family utilized to attempt to make George worth something following a life of worthlessness? You're probably hitting the nail on the head here saying that black people came into a "little bit" of money over this, but that lawfirm.

they certainly made hay out of an empty field, ya?

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine

Is that what his autopsy showed?

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I started this thread because CNN was describing how rare it is for a government body to pay millions of dollars to the family of someone killed by law enforcement, while the officer is still legally innocent.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Floyd died of a drug overdose, the victims of the rioting over Floyd's overdose should sue Floyd's family since they have all of that money.

Having said that, it's almost clear now that Chauvin will not be charged since the Floyd's got what they wanted which was money. Justice need not apply here.

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

I'm going to get my brother to OD in police custody so I can get $30mil.

You won't get sh'it unless a riot occurs to protest your brother's wrongful death.

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Candace Owens 2024!

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thenail

Don’t know much about Floyd , sounds kind of harsh . I hope that scum bag chauvin gets his payback in jail . Killing a dude laying on the ground is not very impressive to me . Are you a cop ?

Chauvin's knee restraint was so light on Floyd's neck that he was losing balance. He didn't kill Floyd, Floyd was hopped up on enough drugs to kill several humans, he overdosed. Chauvin's not a scumbag, in my opinion, simply for doing his job.
edit on 12-3-2021 by LSU2018 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: bigsnowman

The one lesson we've learned from the George Floyd saga is that Americans hate black people

Which Americans hate black people? Hollywood? The NBA? The NFL? The entertainment industry? The 68 million Americans who voted for Obama?

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Is that what his autopsy showed?

'Fraid so. Makes you wonder about the payoff.

Same Shizz happened in the Bree-Bree case up there in Looterville.

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Oh, you're one of those. The kind of people who think "criminals" deserve public execution.

In Baker's final report after watching the videos, he ruled Floyd's death a homicide caused by "law enforcement subdual, restraint, and neck compression."

He died WITH fatal levels of fentanyl in his system, he died FROM the injuries listed above.
edit on 12-3-2021 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Oh, you're one of those. The kind of people who think "criminals" deserve public execution.

So an overdose is a public execution now?

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thenail

I tend to agree..somewhat, so, Floyd was full of Fentanyl, they say more than lethal dose..that is problematic, as it could be the cause of death. I'm sure Chauvin helped a bit, but may of happened anyway. My problem is Chauvin was on him for 9 mins, 2-3 min, Floyd was out..thats a problem..the use of such force is to gain compliance, not to carry on with the punishment.

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Is pteridine's statement untrue?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join