It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baroness Jenny Jones calls for 6pm curfew on all men in England after the murder of Sarah Everard

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
a reply to: LSU2018
More than twice the amount of men are killed on UK streets than women. I always worried about my son when he went out than I did my daughters.

Rainbows
Jane

While a lot of that is down to gang on gang violence, keeping aware of surroundings when walking home from nights out is a pretty vital skill.

In late teens/early 20s it was a regular occurance to have local gangs try to lure people into fights, especially when walking in groups. One gang member would lie in the road pretending to be injured or intentionally walk straight into everyone to try and cause a fight while their mates hid in bushes so they could sucker-punch/pull knives on anyone who stopped.

It was easy to spot and avoid any confrontation if you kept moving but did know one guy who had his head stomped to death shortly after him and his housemates had split off from our group.

Strangely I've never had any issue walking home alone despite having done it 1000s of times in really rough places at dickhead o'clock though I'm a pretty average height/size guy but wouldn't recommend it to others. Mate who is a bouncer/cage fighter regularly had teenage wanabe gangsters punch him to claim street cred so had to pretend he was hurt to avoid any further confrontation.

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: NeoSpace

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: schuyler

Good Lord, Boadicea, are you triggered or what? It's just a God damned post by a member, for Christ sake! It's no better or worse than half the posts on this site. ATS is not exactly a paragon of virtue, insight, or intelligence, or hadn't you noticed?
OP provided ALL the information you needed and you're just angry you weren't spoon fed in a more delicate fashion. Get over yourself. This entire argument is of your own making and shows you true character.

Triggered... Good Lord indeed.

It's just a piss poor post by ATS own standards. And these piss poor excuses is why ATS has gone to hell in a handbasket. And whatever excuses you want to make for posts that aspire to mediocrity, I won't.

Your post and argument are examples. Much ado about nothing. Pathetic.

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 03:36 PM
link   
OH MY...

So it begins.

She went full tardigrade. You never go full tardigrade...

PS - what happened is awful, but this 'response' is incredible for the sake of sheer lunacy if nothing else. Hopefully this will be roundly ridiculed & the lady in question will never work in the same field ever again. Simply incredible.

edit on MarchFriday2103CST03America/Chicago-060037 by FlyInTheOintment because: spelling

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Your post and argument are examples. Much ado about nothing. Pathetic.

Ditto.

I won't apologize or regret standing up for victims and those trying to protect victims. Not today, not tomorrow, not ever. I'm good with that.

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I like how she's not even elected and trying to tell everyone what to do.

Screw the baroness and all the rest of these scumbags.

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: Boadicea

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: Boadicea

I don't get why you're so angry at the OP.

I'm angry because it's a very poorly written OP... and because it ignores the very crux of the matter. The Baroness' statement was not made in a vaccuum, but after very one-sided admonitions and instructions by authorities in a life and death matter.

Good Lord, Boadicea, are you triggered or what? It's just a God damned post by a member, for Christ sake! It's no better or worse than half the posts on this site. ATS is not exactly a paragon of virtue, insight, or intelligence, or hadn't you noticed?
OP provided ALL the information you needed and you're just angry you weren't spoon fed in a more delicate fashion. Get over yourself. This entire argument is of your own making and shows you true character.

She's right though. The info is completely out of context and the quotes of her speech deliberately cut short by the press for the current media circus. It omits all the key info into why the comments were made, not the OPs fault as 99% of press coverage has done this.

Full coverage of the debate was shown and will be on Hansard Monday - The Barroness is clearly making a tongue in cheek recommendation to highlight how unnaceptable it is for the police to tell women to stay at home on International Women;'s Day rather than increasing patrols or launching a review into how one of the closest vetted people in the country (firearms officer guarding embassies and nuclear sites) appears to have murdered a woman hours after police questioned him for exposing himself to multiple women - women are more likelly to be killed at home by a partner or ex, which made the police advice even more retarded.

The debate was on the Domestic Abuse Bill and how police are repeatedly failing to act properly, take seriously or to adhere to previous recommendations following obvious failures in policing. The Baroness made the comments to highlight these issues and how if it was men being discriminated against they'd be in uproar about it.
edit on 12-3-2021 by bastion because: (no reason given)

EDIT: She's commented on it today to clear it up for all those who missed her entire point. "I'd been sitting in a debate on domestic abuse for several days and then the Met Police advice came through for women to stay home.

No one makes a fuss when the police suggest women stay at home but men are up in arms when I suggest it.

"I just think men don't understand the pressure women are under. If this has sparked intense scrutiny, I'm really happy."

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Im wondering what the hell ""Baroness Jones"" knows about any streets in the slightest that are not paved with gold, never mind past 6pm in the evening???!!!

Get back in your Ivory tower dear nothing to see down here that's of any consequence to your type.
edit on 12-3-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

Incredible indeed.
She made a stupid comment in response to a stupid comment. Two stupids don't make a smart. I said before that she should know by now that she shouldn't make big blanket statements about half the population. I guess she also knew that it would cause a commotion and get her some publicity, although maybe not the kind she wanted.

There's plenty of men in this thread who have wives, daughters, sisters, mum's, nieces etc. Not a single one has said anything in support of the man who allegedly killed this girl and I'm sure they wouldn't do anything like that.

It seems that most here, like me, think it's pretty disgusting that the Baroness chose to use a girls murder to score political points and she obviously has a giant chip on her shoulder against men.

Also she's a baroness and a member of the Green Party. Not sure if she can be fired as such but I'm fairly confident she has no clue what "work" means.

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 04:30 PM
link   
seems a tad extreme.

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Wouldn’t it make more sense for woman to have the curfew?
Criminals won’t follow the rules anyways...

Being female with a mighty portion of oppositional defiance disorder, I hate this comment but yes, you are completely right. This is truly more logical.

All in all, this is kind of like banning guns... millions of guns, because some a-hole shoots someone. Every year millions, minus the a-hole, store and handle theirs properly without any accidents. Why must we always pander to the lowest common denominator?

This woman makes all women look like morons... can we ban her?

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: igloo

I’ve always said that a vote against guns is a vote against women.

It’s the only way a 120lb woman has a chance against a 200lb man.

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 09:14 PM
link   
If she had any sense, she would have demanded total chemical castration for all men (no exceptions). I mean stupidity today is the new normal for intelligence.

I've just been banned by twitter for asking the perp to kill himself and to put the whole of society out of the misery of his existence. There's just no commonsense around today, just bizarre litigation rules that seeks to determine how we should all live.
edit on 12/3/21 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

What did you expect? What you posted on twitter is obvious contempt of court, would cause a trial to collapse if they hadn't taken action and breaks the malicious communications act. They did you a favour removing it.

If you're not a fan of reporting restrictions or the concept of innocent until proven guilty then write to the Attourney General, they're the person responsible for reviewing what info can be made public and seeks information and opinions from the public.

The only thing content like you posted does is provide evidence to the accused's defence for reasons to have any resulting court case thrown out.

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Absolutely not. Is my dog supposed to walk herself at 11pm?

I don't see why I'd need to be under curfew, I'm the sort of fella who, when walking along a dark street and if I'm catching up with a lady alone I'll cross the road so she doesn't feel threatened.

posted on Mar, 13 2021 @ 03:15 AM
link   
In this land of Idiocracy, where one can be arrested, fined or jailed for hate speech or inciting hatred or offensive comments or sexism, what this numpty of a woman said, be it in exaggerated sarcasm, a joke or in all seriousness does fulfil at least one of the above criteria for being arrested.

Think of the guy who made that stupid bad taste joke video with the pug dog and the trouble he got in, now look at this woman's comments and how offensive and discriminatory this must feel for good ordinary men, even if said in jest. Now think of the uproar that would be if a male had stood up and said to keep women safe they need to be curfewed.

I am a woman, by the way, and I'm sick of politicians and the media driving wedges between men and women, which in turn is empowering the feminazi movement and making men fearful of being slapped with sexual harassment charges just coz they said they like your hair/make up/ outfit today. This is just another wedge being hammered home. Maybe we should curfew all the male cops, as it looks like it was a cop that did it.

We need to unite as people and not be influenced by the divide and conquer game.

posted on Mar, 13 2021 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Can somebody please cancel this woman?
Thanks

posted on Mar, 13 2021 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: FinallyAwake

Entropy is in the post.

She will tier herself out soon enough.

Should not be to long till she's planted.

posted on Mar, 13 2021 @ 06:29 AM
link   

I thought England was all sunshine and lollipops.
Why have british men let their women be targeted?
What has changed in the last couple of years?

A curfew is the suggested solution.....
Let that one sink in a bit....

Why does this feel like there is more to the story?

I always thought of it like this. Yanks point bang sticks and talk loudly, poms are weird like mad dogs in the midday sun and get stabby.

posted on Mar, 13 2021 @ 07:24 AM
link   

I thought England was all sunshine and lollipops.
Why have british men let their women be targeted?
What has changed in the last couple of years?

A curfew is the suggested solution.....
Let that one sink in a bit....

Why does this feel like there is more to the story?
covid- lockdown! Climate change - lock down! Random murder- lock down

My one question, how is this enforceable? Anyone found after dark simply needs to identify as a woman and be totally safe right?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join