It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hard times

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Here in Australia there is a new Volvo ad with hard times in the mill song by Pete Seger. An old folk song about african workers in the old cotton gins. Yet they drive a 90 thousand dollar car, have a 13 thousand dollar Barcelona chair by Knoll in their lounge. How is this hard times in the mill when you can purchase unimaginable products upon the wages on essentially slaves.

Where in the hell are the social justice warriors and cancel culture crowd to cancel this ad, yet they want to cancel Dr Zeuss, and other books. This world is truly forked.

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: robsmith

cause of covid. Just agree and stay inside. Let them destroy your country so we can all be a global community already.

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Nobody cancelled Dr Zeuss, the people who own the copyrights stopped the print of a few racist books, that's all she wrote.

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha

We are already a global community booyakasha.

How do you imagine the COVID 19 pathogen propagated across the Earth?

That would be the mass transit hubs and infrastructure we have in place around the globe which allows us to transports both man and machine all over the world in a matter of hours or days.

Fact of the matter we are all connected to one another by more than just the lines on maps whither or not we care to realise it or otherwise.

And its been that way for quite sometime nor lightly to change in the manner anytime soon.
edit on 12-3-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Well the federal government is aiming to tear up our lil danny bois belt and road initiative, which is great. Though lil danny bois is in hospital with broken ribs after falling down a flight of stairs.

Seems like the typical medical leave the retirement to excuse from your stuff ups.

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: booyakasha

cause of covid. Just agree and stay inside. Let them destroy your country so we can all be a global community already.

Ahh but the contrary as with the chinese buying up Aussie land at an alarming rate, including there northern islands then attempting to kick out the inhabitants i don't think the destruction of OZ is the plan....more like the occupation of OZ.

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: robsmith

Well the federal government is aiming to tear up our lil danny bois belt and road initiative, which is great. Though lil danny bois is in hospital with broken ribs after falling down a flight of stairs.

Seems like the typical medical leave the retirement to excuse from your stuff ups.

Seems quite convenient doesn't it, broken back to, must have been some frickin fall ehh, more like punishment from his chinese handlers for not ensuring the plan ensued.

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I agree it is due to racist books though I question where does it end. Will chuck berrys my ding a ling be cancelled, or will get smart be cancelled due to Harry Hoo.

Will a clockwork orange be cancelled due to ultra violence. Will Halloween be cancelled as mike myers was understood, will dirty harry be cancelled because of "do you feel lucky punk"

Will the A team be canceled because of Murdochs PTSD and mental health issues.

I sm really at a loss as to why this movement wants to destroy or change history for an agenda.

I am truly concerned as another thread about Farrenheit 451 has really made me a question where we are going as a society.

I really find it horrific. I remember a quote unsure who wrote it: He who does not study history often repeats it.

Poignant words

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

Agreed very convenient, when I learned of this I saw it as a message not an accident. Particular concern is the island off the coast of W.A which is south of the proposed Papua new guinea port. Plus the supposed chinese maritme research vessel in australian waters, more like the old russian spy trawlers.

Its more an invasion by stealth.

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 06:03 AM
link   

a reply to: andy06shake

I really find it horrific. I remember a quote unsure who wrote it: He who does not study history often repeats it.

Poignant words

He who does not study history is free of pre programming.....

Definition of insanity - repeating the same behaviors and expecting a different outcome.

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Who cancelled Dr Suess?

Are Volvo giving you hard times?

This is a basic rant, isn't it?

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 06:17 AM
link   

I guess the old adage applies throwin good money after bad. I know I cant change things though, I hate the spin doctoring of everything. For example I saw a street interview with a gen y about the fall out from the megs interview saying megs is so discriminated against, though I wonder how many people were asked for their opinion, and if it suited the agenda then you get on air.

Though obviously you will only show what youwill to suit your agenda.

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: sunkuong

It is a rant , though I am trying to outline on how contradictory this movement is. You will buy your 13 thousand dollar chair and buy you 90k volvo, and accept a song about slavery, cause its from a swedish company like ikea who support sIave labour in factories.

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 06:27 AM
link   

I don't like banning books myself robsmith but like i said in this case certain texts simply not being printed any longer.

Still be able to buy or acquire the books second hand.

Up until the information age in which we exist, history tended to be recorded by the victors and not the vanquished.

Its a "brave new world" hence the confusion and kerfuffle.

As far as i can determine all the same history is being recorded more than ever before and in new and diverse ways ta boot, some to the better of our race and some not so much.

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 06:43 AM
link   

a reply to: sunkuong

It is a rant , though I am trying to outline on how contradictory this movement is. You will buy your 13 thousand dollar chair and buy you 90k volvo, and accept a song about slavery, cause its from a swedish company like ikea who support sIave labour in factories.

The contradictions run alot deeper than that, look up main traits of Swedish people.....

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 06:48 AM
link   

I guess a conscience helps, I know I live in a dream world, where Star trek taught me alot about life and humanity. Honestly it feels like freedom of individual pursuits is frowned upon, such as I like to airbush with a compressor and build model aircraft, boats. Though people scoff at my hobbies when I talk about it, like I am a freak.

Its like some people are conditioned cause their only hobby is Netflix etc, where they have lost the ability to be crafty, and cant cook cause they want uber eats etc.

Its like a brainwashed society, where people are becoming controllable and outcasts are frowned upon.

Can these sjws skin a rabbit to survive or cstch a fish, do they have any ability other than screw with peoples train of thought.

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Can you guide me to where to look, I just tried a google search and it is all favourable.

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Maybe we can all take these philosophical words from Mark Jackson. Screw the new world order, I refuse to fall in line.

m.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Nobody cancelled Dr Zeuss, the people who own the copyrights stopped the print of a few racist books, that's all she wrote.

It's Dr. Seuss.

I've read many many of Dr. Seuss' books to my children, and never once have I encountered a single 'racist' story element, picture or word in them.

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 07:12 AM
link   

I know a Swedish person who joined a certain AnCap page to complain about capitalism and makes #ty memes.

He is a pretty contradictory person.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join