It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
TOWN OF DELTON, Wis. — A crystal ball magnified sunlight shining into a Sauk County home Monday, causing a nearby couch to ignite before the fire eventually spread throughout the living room.
No one was injured in the fire. Officials said the home sustained substantial heat damage with an estimated cost of $250,000.
originally posted by: LABTECH767
a reply to: gb540
Actually Eye feel quite sorry for the owner as they probably just thought of it as an interesting piece of glass and before we mock them let's remember we have all done it, Crystal decanters on the window ledge anyone, of course over here in the UK our sun is not quite as hot except in summer and also our soft furnishings have to be fire retardant by law unless they are antiques.