It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any updates on the forums getting sold?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Is this still in the works? And if so, any time frame to when we'll learn more?

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: vlawde

Lol, did you really belive that crud???

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Donald wants to announce it on Twitter first, so he's waiting to get his account back.

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

Lol, did you really belive that crud???

Eh? Fill me in.

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 01:00 PM
link   
It’s been two months since SO said a change in ownership would be happening within the week. Safe to say that didn’t happen.

Honestly with the political climate the way it is and anything remotely close to being mainstream distancing itself from free speech and all things “conspiracy”...who would want to buy this sinking ship?

We’re being muted. Open forum communication is headed to the internet archives. You’re opinion doesn’t matter. There are entities who will do everything in their power to keep the masses from uniting and uprising.

Even if they do get lucky enough to sell and wash their hands of us, the new owners won’t be able to keep it afloat long. Not without severely restricting the flow of user-generated content.

ETA: This is all just my ignorant opinion...of course I have no clue how negotiations are going.
edit on 12-3-2021 by Assassin82 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-3-2021 by Assassin82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2021 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Assassin82
It’s been two months since SO said a change in ownership would be happening within the week. Safe to say that didn’t happen.

Honestly with the political climate the way it is and anything remotely close to being mainstream distancing itself from free speech and all things “conspiracy”...who would want to buy this sinking ship?

We’re being muted. Open forum communication is headed to the internet archives. You’re opinion doesn’t matter. There are entities who will do everything in their power to keep the masses from uniting and uprising.

Even if they do get lucky enough to sell and wash their hands of us, the new owners won’t be able to keep it afloat long. Not without severely restricting the flow of user-generated content.

ETA: This is all just my ignorant opinion...of course I have no clue how negotiations are going.

And you know this how? you are not privy to SO,s business dealings im willing to bet. They are under no obligations to tell us ANYTHING even if it changed hands.

posted on Mar, 13 2021 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: Assassin82

And you know this how? you are not privy to SO,s business dealings im willing to bet. They are under no obligations to tell us ANYTHING even if it changed hands.

Did you fail to read the last part of my post? The one where I said this is all my own ignorant opinion, with no clue of how it’s all going? Or do you just like to rage on the internet to satisfy your own fantastical desires?

posted on Mar, 13 2021 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Assassin82

Oh i am so sorry i didnt scroll. smh

posted on Mar, 13 2021 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Pssst...

I haven't been sent the new "Little Red Book" yet.

posted on Mar, 14 2021 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Pssst

Good to see you’re still around.

Back in the day, I lurked this site mainly for your threads.

Don’t give up the fight.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69
SLAYER! Good to see you on the boards!

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Last updated about two months ago:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 3-15-2021 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Too much back story starting from a controversy that occured in the '07-'09 timeframe. In fact just discussing it is grounds for being perma squigly lined. I'll just say the folks who recently changed their agency seal see more benefit in keeping this board active than killing it. Its been theirs the entire time after all.

Thats as far as i will say. But like i said last year when the topic of "selling The domain" came up, its not going anywhere anytime soon.

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 01:33 PM
link   

I have a feeling it's done , site's been running advert free for a while now the reams of permissions to reject after a cookie clean out is no more , there's also the welcome return of the Deny Ignorance banner.

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

SO shut off the adds and returned the banner awhile ago, pretty sure he made a post about it in January or so.

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I know but SO also said the new owner is committed to continue without adds , until we get an update from upstairs we can but guess.

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I am glad we made it to March 2021!

Wasn't looking that good and with all the backlash the owners got, I would not have been surprised to the forum being gone one day.

It speaks a lot about the owners, financial interests besides, I am grateful to have this place.

posted on Mar, 23 2021 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Big Announcement Here

Click link: ATS WILL CONTINUE

new topics

top topics

join