It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thoughts on the chauvin trial

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2021 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: panoz77
Kill the head and kill the body , that’s like your buddy Gregg Williams would say . I’m for not hurting people . I understand some people should be hurt . It looks unnecessary to me , but I think it’s kind of weak to hold a badge and use these kind of techniques.

posted on Mar, 13 2021 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
The toxicology report will introduce doubt during the trial. If the man had enough fentanyl in his system to kill him, it will be difficult to prove that the knee killed him. I think that Chauvin will walk free.
Oh, and far as the victim calling that he couldn't breathe, he said that before they ever had him on the ground and long before the knee came into play. OD on fentanyl... you can't breathe.

The charge was raised to 3rd degree murder last week to ensure that Chauvin walks free. Much harder to prove intentional murder. Bad timing too. All the snow is gone and temps are warming.

posted on Mar, 13 2021 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The charge was raised to 3rd degree murder last week to ensure that Chauvin walks free. Much harder to prove intentional murder.

i think you got that wrong Care.
the way i understand it, they don't have to prove intent with 3rd degree murder. much easier charge to convict on than second or 1st.

Judge Peter Cahill on Thursday granted prosecutors' motion to reinstate the third-degree murder charge, which would require a lower standard of proof than second-degree. In order to convict Chauvin of second-degree murder, prosecutors would need to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Chauvin caused Floyd's death while committing or attempting to commit a related felony, in this case third-degree assault.

To win a conviction on third-degree murder, prosecutors would need to prove that Chauvin caused Floyd's death in an act that is "eminently dangerous" to others. The additional count adds another option for jurors to consider as they weigh charges against Chauvin, which legal experts say is a benefit for prosecutors.

Judge reinstates third degree murder

they know that they can't convict on the 2nd degree murder charge, so they wanted to add a third degree murder charge cause it's a easier charge.
chauvin is being roasted on the bond fire of phony social justice.

edit on 13-3-2021 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2021 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Go back to my two points. Carotid choke, unconscious in seconds followed by death. Knee on neck while floyd is talking for over 7 minutes. The knee did not cut off blood flow to the brain.

Suffocation by restriction/blocking of the airway. Again, knee on neck while Floyd was talking and breathing for over 7 minutes, suffocation not possible, he was talking and breathing.

So what could the possible cause of his death be? How about 3 times the lethal dose of Fentanyl? Yep, that explains everything.

posted on Mar, 14 2021 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Line up pretty much exactly for when Floyd started to fade due to his OD from the first interaction with the police. When the police approach the car, Floyd swallowed his "incriminating evidence". It's all just inevitable after that happened.

www.nhs.uk...
"Fast-acting fentanyl tablets, lozenges and nasal sprays take around 15 to 30 minutes to work"

posted on Mar, 14 2021 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: panoz77

i agree, floyd OD'ed.

chauvin used a hold approved, trained for, and used, seen used no doubt numerous times before. he also more than likely has seen suspects fight and complain about not being able to do something or something is hurt during such a hold, and when the hold is relaxed the suspect goes right back to fighting. plus you just can't throw a combative suspect in the back of the car because they can hurt themselves, and you would be blamed for that.

that said, should they have checked on him when he stopped fighting? yes. should they have let go of the hold? no, they should have relaxed the pressure, checked again and then if he was out call the meat wagon and hold it until they got there with reduced pressure. cops know some basic emergency medical responses. but they aren't EMTs.

it all boils down to, if you want to fight with the police, and sallow a bunch of fentanyl on top of what other drugs and fentanyl you've already taken and your adrenalin kicks in, bad things are likely to happen.

it's sad but true.

posted on Mar, 14 2021 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Thenail

Precisely my point, there is nothing to support that either blood flow to the brain was cut off or that there was an airway restriction to cut off oxygen supply to his lungs. NOTHING.

If Floyd went unconscious within a matter of seconds by the pressure from the knee or Floyd was choking, unable to speak or gagging for breath, that would show he was having breathing issues, neither of those two things occurred. Floyd was speaking and breathing for over 7 minutes while the officers knee was on the side of his neck. Floyd was screaming about "i can't breath" long before he was ever put on the ground and restrained. The reason was that the fentanyl he consumed was starting to kick in. He denied several times taking any drugs, so the officers had to assume he was just a uncooperative lunatic.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join