It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How could this even be possible.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I'm about to share a personal experience that happened yesterday and would like to know how this is possible...

It was a normal routine... Get up and shower, throw some drawls on, walk halfway across the house to my son's room to wake him up so I can get him dressed and then get dressed myself and leave by 6:20 am. Just before his room, there's a fairly big clock on the wall and to the right on the other wall is a smaller clock that my wife got for Christmas, plays a tune as the face dances around every hour on the hour (I'll get to that shortly). I noticed when I went to wake my son up that the big clock had stopped at 3:39. Creepy enough since that's close to the "witching hour" and anyone who has posted with me for a couple of years has heard about the paranormal activity in my house. Anyways, I don't think much more about it. So I finish up the daily routine and leave with my son.

Ever since that musical clock was put up, when it starts playing a tune, I've gotten into a habit where I'll look at the big clock because I'm a little OCD and have to make sure my clocks are in sync. I noticed two days ago that it was a minute slower so I got up and fixed it which made me think that the battery had died at 3:39. Ok, I'll just put a new battery in it and call it good. Well, I forgot about it when I got home, until the musical clock started playing. I immediately remembered and as I stood up to go grab a fresh AA, I noticed my big clock was in perfect sync again. Considering that would be logically impossible without my wife fixing it when she got home from work, I figured maybe she put a battery in it and fixed it. She leaves for work around the time I wake up and goes to bed around 9:00 pm so I never thought to ask her about it when I noticed, I just sat back down and continued watching tv.

This morning when I got to work, I rang her extension (we work at the same company but in different departments) and I asked her if she noticed. I figured maybe I was just seeing things after I thought more about it. She said yes, she noticed it had stopped yesterday when she left to go to work. So I asked her if she fixed it and she said "No, you're always the one who fixes the clocks." She's not a joker or trick player so I have no reason not to believe her, plus I got home a couple minutes after her and I know that's not the first thing she would have done when she got home anyways. She picks our son up from preschool and always fixes him a snack when they get home. In other words, she ain't worried about no clock.

Unless the clock ran at super speed for several hours, it's logically impossible for that clock to get back into perfect sync with the other one, or even catch up within minutes or hours without being physically moved. I can't say for certain that it was a paranormal action, but something happened to push that clock back up and that's just damn creepy. Has anyone here experienced something like this or have some sort of scientific explanation?

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Your choices are few...

1) You or your wife reset it, but forgot
2) You misread it the first time
3) Someone other than you or your wife reset it
4) Ghost reset it

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Does the clock have something where the hands can get stuck or get stuck together? I have a wall clock and sometimes one of the hands gets stuck on the other hand. Eventually it frees up or I notice and have to change to the correct time and bend the hand outward slightly.

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Your choices are few...

4) Ghost reset it

I covered options 1 through 3. My parents are the only other people who have a key to my house because if my wife and I work overtime, my mom goes and lets my dogs out. I know I didn't set it because I noticed right before I left for work and then I noticed when the other clock played music at the top of the 6 o'clock hour that it had been fixed. I considered the thought that I misread it until I asked my wife if she noticed it, which she did, and she left earlier than I did. She can't even get the clock off the wall to fix it so I knew she didn't, but asked anyways to make damn sure. I asked my mom if she happened to stop by (just asked her) and she said no. Besides the paranormal part of it, the only other reason I can think of would be a mechanical issue that coincidentally fixed itself and started working at precisely 3:39 pm while we were both at work because, like I said, it's right on the money with the other clock again.

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
...my dogs...

Ah hah! Mystery solved.

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 08:18 AM
link   

The only thing I could think of when I saw 3:39 was March 12th.

3/39=12.

Carry on.

Cool story.

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: peter_kandra

Does the clock have something where the hands can get stuck or get stuck together? I have a wall clock and sometimes one of the hands gets stuck on the other hand. Eventually it frees up or I notice and have to change to the correct time and bend the hand outward slightly.

It has a glastic (glass looking plastic) cover on it so I have no access to the hands. But at 3:39, they aren't touching each other anywhere. Even if they were, how did it get back into perfect sync?

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 08:28 AM
link   

It has a glastic (glass looking plastic) cover on it so I have no access to the hands. But at 3:39, they aren't touching each other anywhere. Even if they were, how did it get back into perfect sync?

Maybe your wife changed it and didn't even realize it? Like leaving a room and turning the light off without having to even think about it. Maybe someone got up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and in their groggy state changed it? Definitely odd. Maybe setup a motion activated camera if you have one (but of course it will never happen again now).

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: PillarOfFire

The only thing I could think of when I saw 3:39 was March 12th.

3/39=12.

Carry on.

Cool story.

Great, thanks. Yesterday got weird on the way home but I wasn't gonna mention it. I was talking to one of my older kids and he told me phone was breaking up. I said no that has to be yours, I'm on the interst.......

Then I noticed my reception was gone. My phone signal strength shows on the radio in my truck and I noticed it had zero bars. That continued for several miles in an area that has very strong cell reception. My wife said the same happened to her, as did my mother-in-law who has to drive through the same area to get to her house. Strange.

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Maybe your wife changed it and didn't even realize it? Like leaving a room and turning the light off without having to even think about it. Maybe someone got up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and in their groggy state changed it? Definitely odd. Maybe setup a motion activated camera if you have one (but of course it will never happen again now).

It was corrected before either of us got home so I know it wasn't changed by one of us. She can't get the clock off of the wall anyways. I knew that before I asked, but I asked just to cover that base. It doesn't have to be changed often so it's not a repetitive action like a light switch.

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 08:37 AM
link   

If it wasn't battery operated, you'd have more possible explanations.
Only other explanation is technical...whereby the gears inside jammed and eventually freed themselves under built-up tension to return to the correct time.
edit on 11-3-2021 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 08:49 AM
link   

When the walls start bleeding, ghosts start serving you red rum or you get dragged into another dimension
Wouldn’t even give it two thoughts

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Woahhh! Even a broken clock is on time twice a day!

Our house is full of that. Deceased pets, people, shadow figures. Disappearing items, appearing items

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Your choices are few...

4) Ghost reset it

You missed one:
YOU'RE GOING CRAZY!

I forgot another one:
You are not CRAZY! Your wife has had enough and she is gaslighting you.
edit on b000000312021-03-11T08:53:36-06:0008America/ChicagoThu, 11 Mar 2021 08:53:36 -0600800000021 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 08:53 AM
link   

I suggest you look up - newchristianbiblestudy.org#339.

Is directly related to the apocalypse specifically - and they said to the mountains and the rocks, fall and hide us from the face of him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the lamb......etc etc.
This signifies affirmation of evil.

Don't know if your spiritual but your household spirits certainly are......trying to tell you something that you missed and so just returned to exact time as should be.

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Your choices are few...

4) Ghost reset it

You missed one:
YOU'RE GOING CRAZY!

There's still another possibility...
Wife wasn't really paying attention to what he was saying about the clock...and just agreed without thinking.

I do that with my wife all the time.

I'm a terrible husband...I'll probably go to hell.

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 08:56 AM
link   

I'll 'probably' see you there.

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I'll 'probably' see you there.

I'll save you a chair.

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Never mind the clocks; I can't figure out why you use 2 cars to get to work. You start and finish the same time, and you said your wife gets home about the same time as you. ( although you also said she picks up your other child from pre-school )

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Never mind the clocks; I can't figure out why you use 2 cars to get to work. You start and finish the same time, and you said your wife gets home about the same time as you. ( although you also said she picks up your other child from pre-school )

She leaves the house at 5:30 am, I leave at 6:20 am. We work in different departments (she runs the commissary warehouse, I manage administration at the main building) and our son can't be dropped off until 7 am, but both of our workdays usually end at 4:30 so I drop him off in the morning and she picks him up in the afternoon. If she doesn't have to be at work early the next day, she'll ride home with me.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join