It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New to you, but you’re not new to me …

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I’ve been a lurker here for a long time. According to my profile, I got my login/password in 2013, and was amazed to find out it still worked. For years, I’ve been content to check ATS as my primary news source instead of MSM as to what is really going on, but never felt the need to post … until recently.

The past couple of years have made me feel like I’m living in Orwell’s ‘1984’. In the 2016 election - though I didn’t vote - I wanted Trump to win. I thought as an outsider and businessman, he might run this country AS a business – eliminate waste, streamline processes, promote efficiency, etc. Never guessed how badly the Left would hamstring him at every turn, but I think he did great nonetheless.

But while he was in office, I could not believe how far the Left would go trying to bring him down. Four years of endless investigations, millions of dollars spent, only to prove the Democrat Conspiracy Theories were lies. Then came the recent election and all the allegations of fraud by hundreds of credible witnesses – and no investigations whatsoever.
(As an aside, the Cavanaugh investigation was triggered by the hearsay of ONE accuser, who thought that maybe he might have done something, while admitting she was totally s**t-faced at the time.)

And it just keeps getting worse. We’ve got what appears to be Nazism 2.0 with the 1st amendment abolished by private companies, the 2nd threatened by HR 127, HR 1 to eliminate free and fair elections, the equivalent of book burnings (Amazon dropping ‘questionable’ titles) and the MSM spewing the Official Party Propaganda. Not to mention Covid restrictions/lockdowns, a rushed/questionable vaccine, the economy trashed, cancel culture, and fiery but ‘peaceful’ riots.
The icing is a ‘president’ that is obviously suffering from senile dementia who is rarely seen, takes no questions at press briefings and by executive orders giving the country away with both hands.

It has been said many times before that “America is at a crossroads”. I believe that statement has never been more true than today. But I’ve read that in times past, a crossroads was where you went to make a deal with the Devil. That remains to be seen.

Interesting times, indeed.

Still, I’m looking forward to interacting here!

… despite the trolls.

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Welcome to the conversation.

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Halfswede

Thank you! Interesting that you were the first to reply because believe it or not, I'm half Swede too. (Swedish father, British mom). I'll take that as a good omen.

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Hoser793

The icing is a ‘president’ that is obviously suffering from senile dementia who is rarely seen, takes no questions at press briefings and by executive orders giving the country away with both hands.

But he's going to give a prime time speech.... "celebrating" the beginning the start of the pandemic.
Celebrating?
Crazy times we live in.

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 08:19 AM
link   

I grew up eating swede does that count

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I liked trump alot to until i realized he's as full of it as any of them end of day.

Seems noone has the b@lls to actually fullfill the requirements of the people which is simply - uphold our freedoms, get us out of and keep us out of wars, act in our best interests not the systems.

Basic but yet unobtainable it would seem.......we are for want of a better word doomed.

Seems strange that only now you are motivated to chime in........little late considering your prime interests as listed in intro.

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 09:33 AM
link   

But while he was in office, I could not believe how far the Left would go trying to bring him down.

Trump only? LOL. Next!

Aaanyhow, welcome to the club!

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Hello and welcome! Under the Biden administration, we are doomed.
edit on 11-3-2021 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Biden gonna give us free # once he remembers he's the president.

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Yeah world's gotten all kinds of pretty #ed up. Glad you could join us in discussing it as it all crumbles.

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Cool, maybe you can be the next guest host of Jeopardy, Katie gets on my nerves...RIP AT

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Welcome Hoser

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS.

Now, think about what you were doing in December 2013...

I was racking my brain about what to buy for my wife, we'd been dating for 9 months and this would be our first Christmas to celebrate together, however, it would also be the last Christmas my 88 year old grandmother would spend in her house before moving in with my mom so my mom could take care of her. And I was about to reach my 6 year anniversary here at my job. Dec 2013 is also the same month and year I quit smoking.

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

But he's going to give a prime time speech.... "celebrating" the beginning the start of the pandemic.
Celebrating?
Crazy times we live in.

And a stimulus check! Don't forget about the stimulus check! All of our problems will be solved. As long as we're getting $600 to $1,400 checks twice a year, we don't need no stinkin economy opened up.

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Thank you all for the welcome! Feels like I know many on this site, at least as well as possible given the nature of the forums and e-social. (From a lurking standpoint, of course.)

I am somewhat amazed at the number of new posters the last year or so - it has REALLY picked up. Guess it's to be expected with all the 'misinformation' bans and all you dangerous people that actually think for yourselves and post your views online.

Oh well ... It is what it is, I reckon.

edit on 11-3-2021 by Hoser793 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Welcome to Misfit Island
Where We All Fit In.

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Welcome always glad you decided to start posting as the more the merrier ! The Biden administration is living (almost dead) proof of just how far America has decayed IMO.

new topics

top topics

join