It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does this definition of Mind Control not suit our society perfectly?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Social Psychologist Philip Zimbardo, former president of the American Psychological Association defines it thus.

Mind control is the process by which individual or collective freedom of choice and action is compromised by agents or agencies that modify or distort perception, motivation, affect, cognition, and/or behavioral outcomes.

You all point to the other side and try to help them see they're being controlled.

You're right; all of you, on all sides. But your rulers have kept you all in the dark.

Much the same, our Lord Himself has kept a veil over our eyes to control growth.

And so, as the Son does as the Father, so do they as their predecessor.

But Man is flawed in his un-acquired yet boastful pride.

Thus, our world today, ruled by the corrupt.

There is only One who broke the chains of false freedom.

Or maybe there are more?

Who knows!?

^_^

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Word to the wise - this is not a religious or Christian preaching site, it is a conspiracy site.

Keep it on topic.
I don't care about The Lord or The Father.
I care about God sure but you are in the wrong forum mate.

On the plus side I am glad you are still Mr Happy

i2-prod.mirror.co.uk...

a reply to: iammrhappy86

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

Couldn't help myself.

It's a bit of my own flavor I throw in.

My point stands, that we're being brainwashed and controlled.

On a Massive Scale.

By media, politicians, moneymen, priests, and 'activists'.

All part of this new technocratic oligarchy which now spreads across the globe.

And thanks for the appreciation. ^_^

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: iammrhappy86
Social Psychologist Philip Zimbardo, former president of the American Psychological Association defines it thus.

Mind control is the process by which individual or collective freedom of choice and action is compromised by agents or agencies that modify or distort perception, motivation, affect, cognition, and/or behavioral outcomes.

You all point to the other side and try to help them see they're being controlled.

You're right; all of you, on all sides. But your rulers have kept you all in the dark.

Much the same, our Lord Himself has kept a veil over our eyes to control growth.

And so, as the Son does as the Father, so do they as their predecessor.

But Man is flawed in his un-acquired yet boastful pride.

Thus, our world today, ruled by the corrupt.

There is only One who broke the chains of false freedom.

Or maybe there are more?

Who knows!?

^_^

Yes it does fit and there’s a reason for that.

I’m not sure how to tie the first part of your OP with the tangent of belief at the end.

Interaction with reality is always about control.

If you feel you are not the one in control, look around, there is always someone controlling things.

If you feel you are the puppet master, look for the makers mark on the strings you pull.

If the mark is yours, check the tag on your shirt collar.

There is nothing new under the sun, son.
edit on 10-3-2021 by Dalamax because: Sensibilities are sensitive

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 05:38 PM
link   

There's really no doubt that many many players are playing head games with us for their benefit. And it's unconscionable and unacceptable. But I weary of articles that tell us how we're all victims, but do not tell us how to protect and defend ourselves. Identifying and acknowledging the problem is worthless without also identifying and empowering us with solutions.

No one is "controlled" without their cooperation and consent at some point, to one extent or another. I am not victim blaming. Those who use devious tactics to unfairly influence others are despicable. But we are not helpless or hopeless. We do have strengths and defenses at our disposal if we choose to use them.

For starters, understanding the difference between opinion and fact, and keeping both in their proper perspective. Likewise, taking care to be aware of our own confirmation biases and constantly checking ourselves to be sure we are not assuming the worst too soon. Recognizing that wisdom comes from experience, but past does not always predict future, and to assume anything makes an ass of both u and me. Which, of course, reminds that any time our ego gets too big, we need to check ourselves. No, we are not smarter/better/more important than anyone else.

We are our own first line of defense. We need to own it and act accordingly.

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

There's really no doubt that many many players are playing head games with us for their benefit. And it's unconscionable and unacceptable. But I weary of articles that tell us how we're all victims, but do not tell us how to protect and defend ourselves. Identifying and acknowledging the problem is worthless without also identifying and empowering us with solutions.

No one is "controlled" without their cooperation and consent at some point, to one extent or another. I am not victim blaming. Those who use devious tactics to unfairly influence others are despicable. But we are not helpless or hopeless. We do have strengths and defenses at our disposal if we choose to use them.

For starters, understanding the difference between opinion and fact, and keeping both in their proper perspective. Likewise, taking care to be aware of our own confirmation biases and constantly checking ourselves to be sure we are not assuming the worst too soon. Recognizing that wisdom comes from experience, but past does not always predict future, and to assume anything makes an ass of both u and me. Which, of course, reminds that any time our ego gets too big, we need to check ourselves. No, we are not smarter/better/more important than anyone else.

We are our own first line of defense. We need to own it and act accordingly.

Your words are refreshing.

You speak a Truth which is very dear to me.

If All in this day were as Valiant as yourself, we'd be in a better position.

^_^

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: iammrhappy86

Couldn't help myself.

It's a bit of my own flavor I throw in.

My point stands, that we're being brainwashed and controlled.

On a Massive Scale.

By media, politicians, moneymen, priests, and 'activists'.

All part of this new technocratic oligarchy which now spreads across the globe.

And thanks for the appreciation. ^_^

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 06:20 PM
link   

It's their OP, the topicality is theirs to decide.

Whether you like it or agree with it or not is your problem.

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
Word to the wise - this is not a religious or Christian preaching site, it is a conspiracy site.

Keep it on topic.
I don't care about The Lord or The Father.
I care about God sure but you are in the wrong forum mate.

On the plus side I am glad you are still Mr Happy

i2-prod.mirror.co.uk...

Uh, he wrote the OP, so you can’t tell him to “keep it on topic.” Get over yourself.

Why does mention of the Lord offend you so much, though? You sure got triggered at the mention of His name.

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 08:32 PM
link   

The One you mentioned never said something wrong. That's a superhuman power. Lies enslave.

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 09:15 PM
link   
How do say " My Liege" or "King" from English to German again?
edit on 10-3-2021 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

It just seemed like out of place preaching inserted into the topic which was about mind control. No big deal just didn't fit, to me.

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 04:25 AM
link   

It just seemed like out of place preaching inserted into the topic which was about mind control. No big deal just didn't fit, to me.

Mind control and religion have nothing to do with each other. Are you serious?

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 08:52 AM
link   

The mind control is purposed by spiritual coercions to make the Truth seem silly. The rulers of this realm thrive off the ignorance of the people, who don't realize their true nature has potential beyond this world. This is why Christ's words have been obfuscated at all costs... case in point being the first response on this thread.

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Thanks for the reply. Sorry I was bitchy. 😟 I’m an asshole.

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 11:47 AM
link   

we are all assholes sometimes.
roll scene

posted on Mar, 13 2021 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

The mind control is purposed by spiritual coercions to make the Truth seem silly. The rulers of this realm thrive off the ignorance of the people, who don't realize their true nature has potential beyond this world. This is why Christ's words have been obfuscated at all costs... case in point being the first response on this thread.

I didn’t think Jesus ever actually said anything, he just had things attributed to him?

new topics

top topics

join