It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I’m gonna go surf

page: 1

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 02:35 AM
link   
So over this last year you have all been a huge part of my life. At points about this time 12 months ago I’m pretty sure my fight/flight was slung into overdrive and ruined me.That and maybe Covid

Stupid Update threads...Are we Updated yet? Covid? Hmm

Then my best friend passed away after I gave him the proverbial stiff-arm because he was up to no good and I didn’t want anything to do with it.

The day after I got attacked by dogs protecting my mom on a walk I opted into at the last moment (thank God). The rest of the year has gone accordingly.

I also see why people in solitary go apechit...

He hit me up to go golf the weekend he died last may. We sucked. Talked little. It was grand. He died two days later

My “hetero life-mate” as he called me lol

Now almost a year on I’m reading a book called Barbarian Days, an autobiography on a surfer’s life, while camping at my favorite place in the world. A beautiful little cove with a campground and hiking trails. I miss my bud dearly...

But this place is Sublime in a word. Grateful to be here

Normally this haven is strictly reservation only. However. Over the course of the next month this beaut is available first come/first serve. I’m here now because yesterday is his moms birthday and we’re gonna keep tag-teaming the spot, her with her family, me solo. I’m holding down the weeks, they get the weekends. I’m here now. It’s raining

I wouldn’t be telling you this because it’s quiet without anyone here which is in itself extremely unusual as the word is out amongst SoCal.

My best friend and some of yours and your family have passed this year too ATS family and friends.

She left me her pop-up trailer to use. I’m sleeping in a tent. But the coffee at the beach in the morning IS nice

So tomorrow? Sun or rain, ima go surf for you all, the ones that can’t, and Cory most especially at my favorite place on the whole world.

I love you all and am wishing you guys the best

edit on 10-3-2021 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: slatesteam

Sounds good. It might help to get your mind away from all that bad stuff.

I hope you get some good waves!

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: MapOfNowhere

Sounds good. It might help to get your mind away from all that bad stuff.

I hope you get some good waves!
I’d love to post a pic but alas I’m inept except for snide comments and sly observations...

Edit: thanks! Here’s hoping I do!

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Don't mean to be a party pooper but mate if things are all against you maybe mixing it with the sharks aint such a good idea...

Just thinking of your welfare dude.

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Surfing is something I have never attempted to do, and know nothing about. It's a whole culture unto itself.

Sounds fun though. I'm too old to try to learn now, I'd prolly just drown.

Best of luck!

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Do it 🤙 I grew up surfing in LA

Go clear that mind. Feel the water. The elements.

Go connect with the water. Enjoy the paddle. The wait. The ride.

Good luck, make your soul light and ride some waves.

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 07:31 AM
link   
KOWABUNGA!...HANG TEN!...CATCH A WAVE AND YOU'RE SITTING ON TOP OF THE WORLD!

(...that's all the surf lingo I know.)

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Nothing clears your head like pushing through cold winter shorebreak - surfing is one of the best ways to bring balance. Sitting solitary in the lineup between sets is one of the best places to think and gain perspective.

Drop in on a good one for me!

edit on 3 10 2021 by underpass61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Have a good one, weird rain here so hopefully I've taken the rain and you can get a good sunny day.

Haven't talked much one on one, but I've always enjoyed your inputs and share a similar kind of humor.

Never be shy if you see my name, I'll be around

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU

Don't mean to be a party pooper but mate if things are all against you maybe mixing it with the sharks aint such a good idea...

Just thinking of your welfare dude.
I’d rather get munched as a ticket puncher....circle of life and all.

Thank you for the concern. I do appreciate it!

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
KOWABUNGA!...HANG TEN!...CATCH A WAVE AND YOU'RE SITTING ON TOP OF THE WORLD!

(...that's all the surf lingo I know.)

Right On

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 12:16 PM
link   

It sounds like you are still grieving. I know, I'm still grieving my son. It takes a while, longer for those we hold dearest.

The thing is, you go through these extremes of emotion. But the world doesn't turn all grey and featureless. You can be wracked with sobs and feel lost, but the sun shines out on the world and at the same time you see the incredible beauty of it. This sort of thing is normal.

Take time for yourself, but don't isolate. Draw the ones who remain closer. They are feeling it too.

Go surfing.

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I wish i could join you..

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 12:54 PM
link   
That sounds fun. I miss the ocean. Jealous.
And not jealous - sorry about your friend.
Surfs up bra

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 12:55 PM
link   
youtu.be...

On my phone or I would link properly. This song seems to be where you are, where lots of us are.

I hope you get good surf.

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

I’m holding down the campsite for his fam. Feels good

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
youtu.be...

On my phone or I would link properly. This song seems to be where you are, where lots of us are.

I hope you get good surf.
Thank you Ket. That song gets me but is appropriate here. Bumped it while walking through the empty campground.

I appreciate it

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

It sounds like you are still grieving. I know, I'm still grieving my son. It takes a while, longer for those we hold dearest.

The thing is, you go through these extremes of emotion. But the world doesn't turn all grey and featureless. You can be wracked with sobs and feel lost, but the sun shines out on the world and at the same time you see the incredible beauty of it. This sort of thing is normal.

Take time for yourself, but don't isolate. Draw the ones who remain closer. They are feeling it too.

Go surfing.

been keeping you and yours in my thoughts chr0n. I too am so sorry for your loss and your you are healing on your own accord too amigo

new topics

top topics

join