It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serving Met Officer Arrested Over Sarah Everard's Disappearance

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: andy06shake

No doubt we'll get told that he had a stress related mental illness due to the nature of his job and he's deserving of sympathy and compassion.
They'll spend millions on 'rehabilitation' and very little on support for the victim's family etc.

He'll be put on the nonce wing well away from general prison population.

I hope he is tortured every single day for the rest of the piece of #s life.

Without saying to much that is going to form a major aspect of the IOPC investigation in how the indecent exposure allegations were handled. There's a reason he was removed from duty protecting senior royals a while back; unfortunately and tragically for the victim us plebs weren't deemed worthy of the same protection.

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 11:51 PM
link   

My Grandma's ashes are scattered not far from where poor Jodi was found.

posted on Mar, 13 2021 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

Looked like a really nice place as well.

Aside of course the murder of wee 14 year-old lassies.

Anyhoo RIP djz3ro gran.

posted on Mar, 13 2021 @ 06:09 PM
link   

I really don't think is something the Woman would want to take place.

Proves nothing.

edit on 13-3-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2021 @ 06:12 PM
link   

How pathetic.

posted on Mar, 14 2021 @ 04:06 AM
link   

I think those people who gathered for that vigil put the police in an unwinnable situation.
Under current legislation they have to break up any groups of people gathering together regardless of the reason.
Those people knew that yet went ahead with their vigil.

Of course the police could have been a bit more tolerant, understanding and sympathetic and as usual appear to be rather heavy handed in their handling of the situation - I'm sure the editing of the video goes a little way to explaining this.

The number of press there can't have helped the situation either.

The outcome was inevitable.

I can't help but wonder if that was the intention all along and the situation was manipulated by 'activists' more concerned with pushing an agenda than those actually seeking to remember and honour Sarah Everard.

Of course women should be able to walk home safely at night.
Suggesting women 'stay at home' is/was incredibly stupid and insensitive.
But unfortunately its not a very nice world we live in at times and sensible precautions have to be taken.

I drummed it into my daughter never to walk home alone at night - she ignored me a couple of times, the second time a car pulled up and as the door opened she said she was literally #ting herself and unexplainably froze.....it was a very good friend of mine who bollocked her and gave her a lift home.
To my knowledge she has never done it again since.
It could have turned out quite differently.

The police handling of the Sarah Everard case raises some serious questions but people really need to apply some not so common sense as well.

posted on Mar, 14 2021 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Hear! Hear!
Let's face it, looking at that brief footage, there is no doubt in my mind that some verbal abuse would have been hurled at the police because 'one of their own' was responsible for Sarah's death. They are human too and I'm pretty sure they are sick to their stomach's with what 'one of their own' has done. I believe the perpitrator has visited hospital with 'head wounds' twice already.
Emotions are running high, is causing more division and is not going to end well.
Stand your ground Cressida!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 14 2021 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I don't understand why the MET are being accused of heavy-handed policing. They regularly kettle peaceful, legal protestors for hours and charge the crowds on horseback swinging battons at people's heads.

The organisers/campaign groups attennding also fueled the scenes by falsely claiming the Police were behind the vigil being illegal (as the judge stated Coronavirus Bill failed to allow any leway for protests of over 30 people).

The MET allowed people there from 12pm - 10pm (the main event was at 9:30PM) despite the fact it was illegal and only started making arrest when people were refusing to leave or being violent.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join