It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serving Met Officer Arrested Over Sarah Everard's Disappearance

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Using the murder of a woman to try and score an irrelevant agenda driven point.

Classy.

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

It's a strange and somewhat disturbing case.

The accused faces a separate charge of indecent exposure?
And it seems his partner has been charged with 'assisting an offender'?

Assuming - I know, I hate assumptions but.... - that this has been sexually motivated what sort of woman would knowingly help cover this up?

I can't imagine what this poor woman had to endure and what her family and friends must be going through.

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

One like Rose West i imagine Freeborn.

R.I.P Sarah Everard
edit on 11-3-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

Or even functional half the time.

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

Or even functional half the time.

Or provide any quality footage or are simple facing the wrong way

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 11:02 AM
link   
The police have not released all the story, they must have a lot more evidence than they admit. With what I've read and seen on the news there is not enough evidence to arrest anyone, never mind a gun carrying officer.
What really sticks out is how they located the grave so quickly.

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 11:05 AM
link   
So the cop is part of the diplomatic protection squad...fishy.

I saw earlier some nutjob green party woman in the house of Lords has called for a curfew for men each night.

I'm finding it a bit hard to believe to be honest, all the uproar about men right now.

It's 1 murder, not particularly grizzly or anything.
And when you get right down to it, men are twice as likely to be murdered as women.

Why the hoo ha?

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

That's a bit of a stretch considering a Woman was also arrested on suspicion of assisting the dirty wrong'yin.

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 11:30 AM
link   

I have to own up and admit most of this is from the guardian, but honestly, it's like everyone was waiting for this woman to be murdered so they could demand action.

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 12:32 PM
link   
The suspect has been treated in hospital for head injuries sustained while in detention ... the MET "looking after" their own I hope.

He was found collapsed and unconscious in his cell today after suffering serious head wounds, according to The Sun.

The Met said: "The suspect was taken to a hospital for treatment to a head injury sustained while in custody.

"He has since been discharged and returned to custody. We are not prepared to discuss further."
news.sky.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

"The suspect was found collapsed and unconscious in his cell after suffering serious head wounds, according to a report."

My bet is he's done it to himself.

Obviously knows whats coming.

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Maybe , but I know people who have been visited in their cell at the local nick and they weren't serving police officers or accused of murder.

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Oh god, you got me, right inside, deep down where I'm soft like a lady.

ROFL

guess them cameras ain't so great eh

cake it out.

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 12:48 PM
link   

You said the coppers did it?
edit on 11-3-2021 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Definite possibility.

But my bet is with such a high profile case they would need to be rather mental to take it out in kind.

If that was they case, where to stop???

He would never have made it to hospital alive.

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

What do you mean?

A servicing Police Officer has been charged with Murder.

I'm suggesting he's banged his own head off the cell wall or the like, instead of being visited and given his just desserts if that what you mean.

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 01:08 PM
link   

He hasn't been charged yet but I think it's safe to assume he will be.

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Cheers gortex.

Definitely a case that needs to see the inside of a court.

I think its safe to say he's going to get the book flung at him charge wise.

No easy way out should be on the cards, by his hand or other peoples, at least until a full discovery of what would seem to be his horrendous antics is established.

I would love to know what the indecent exposure thingamabob was all about?

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Apparently the charge of indecent exposure arises from allegations made three days before the assumed abduction and murder occurred.

The Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) says it has launched an investigation after receiving five referrals from the Met Police in relation to its handling of the case.

The watchdog will examine how officers responded after receiving a report that a man had exposed himself at a fast food restaurant in south London on 28 February - three days before Ms Everard's disappearance.

The other referrals were over the arrest of a serving officer on suspicion both of kidnap and murder, and the earlier allegation of indecent exposure; the Met's actions after Ms Everard was reported missing; and the injury of the suspect while in custody.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Did The Met drag their heels or fail to investigate fully the indecent exposure allegation as it was 'one of their own'?
If so then then that raises an obvious question.....

As a slight side; in none of the reports I have watched or read have they released personal details of the man currently in custody other than he is a serving police officer in The Met's Parliamentary and Diplomatic Protection Command.
Except in The Sun yesterday - yes, I know its a rag but I like its horse racing coverage, I can just about complete its sudoku and crosswords and some of the other sports reporting is relatively ok - they had a four page spread on who the accused was, family details and photos of his wife, parents and brother, work history etc.
It went into quite some depth.

What about 'innocent until proven guilty' - the most basic principle of our judicial system?
If this man gets released - yes highly unlikely but.... - his reputation will be in tatters.
And might it be argued that it could prejudice future jury members?

But the public does have a right to know.

A fine balance.

And then we have to wonder where and how The Sun got all this information and detail?

edit on 12/3/21 by Freeborn because: grammar

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 03:07 AM
link   
The Sun printed what???? Ok, I know that News International has very deep pockets but they must have some serious money set aside in case they are wrong and this guy's family sues.
I can't stress enough how much I loathe The Sun.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join