It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This really resonated with me tonight for some reason.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2021 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Don't know why this stuck with me, I stumbled across this on Reddit tonight and it really hit home. 41 years, 4/5ths of my life America and Iran have been at odds, for what? Regime change? nope, I agree it's our leaders who have to have an "enemy" just like the US is played like the enemy to the Iranian people. Here's one thing last year has shown if the media and our "politicians" and media can brainwash 80 million people in a year to believe
the Biden narrative on COVID and the rest. Made people give up their jobs, careers, seeing their relatives for the 4%. Imagine what 40 years of the ayatollah's propaganda did to the Iranian citizens, throw in the Gestapo treatment by police and military and they still have a better perspective than the left has in America today.

We had better table our disagreements and concentrate on what brings us together, cause if we don't it may be too late.

edit on 9-3-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2021 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

We had better table our disagreements and concentrate on what brings us together, cause if we don't it may be too late.

I totally agree but let's see how long it takes for this thread to become another finger pointing fest, trashing all things biden, and blaming all the nations woe's on the libs.

edit on 9-3-2021 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2021 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Butbut Bush said!!!

We Americans are the modern-day Germans after the war. Except our killing continues

posted on Mar, 9 2021 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Iran will be a pretend bad guy, until they fall into the fold, and get their Rockefeller bank.

So has Iran gotten their BIS™ approuved central bank yet ?

Guess who else hasn't yet sold-out their people to TPTB™ that run the rest of the world ?

Big surprise : North Korea.

' Axis-of-evil '... LoL !

They just have to sign-away the birthright of their citizens, like all of the rest of our ' nations ' have.
Then some asshat puppet politician can play the hero, and get a Nobel Peace Prize™.

Or we can go-on believing the propaganda, and the good-guys vs. bad-guys children's stories.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2021 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I totally agree but let's see how long it takes for this thread to become another finger pointing fest, trashing all things biden, and blaming all the nations woe's on the libs.

Seems like you are the first to make those comparisons in this thread.

posted on Mar, 9 2021 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Affirmative.

We are directed by governments to act in inhumane ways, since forever.

"Divide and conquer" remains extremely effective in coercing human populations.

Political divides are exaggerated ... on purpose.

posted on Mar, 9 2021 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Well it only took 1 post for the finger pointing to start.

I guess I can pitch in and say Biden and everything he touches is trash.

Somebody else needs to contribute the third one to complete your prophecy.

posted on Mar, 9 2021 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Empty vessels resonate better than full ones.

posted on Mar, 9 2021 @ 01:26 AM
link   

This is very insightful and can be used when looking at many things. For example the divide we have in this country. Both sides are simply regurgitating the rhetoric from the politicians on their respective sides. Most of us have the same struggles and hardships regardless of political affiliation. How ever we as a society allow them to manipulate us into having information people who don’t agree with our views.

posted on Mar, 9 2021 @ 01:30 AM
link   

On the more serious side, the fights and battles, the fame, and even the civilizations we now know will be gone and forgotten, long before our humanity.

I mean, who was the Pharaoh that built the great pyramid? Not just their name, who were they as a person? What did they feel? Who did they love? All gone. A million generations consigned to nothing.

It's about time that as a species we stopped living for the instant and proximate. Otherwise, there's no point at all. No achievement will last, no memory will remain. Gone.

posted on Mar, 9 2021 @ 01:46 AM
link   

I hear you, my friend. I know Republicans and conservatives can be lying dog-faced pony soldiers too, but right now the Dems are in charge and they seem ultra oppressive and not really taking care of the "people" as they promised too. We have had executive orders out the ass, but still no real relief, Hell it was the one big fat rationalization that I had was well maybe Biden and the Dems will get money to those in need. Nope not yet at least This 1.9 Trillion COVID relief bill has about 7% that ends up in the publics' hands. Bottom line if the relief monies aren't there, then get the hell out of the way and let people try to earn a living again. I mean nationwide when the economy was good our business sold everywhere, now it's just a handful of states.

We already have waited too long, too many people have jobs and businesses impacted from this, lose the restrictions and at least give them a fighting chance to make some money this year. This is the way, lol you give most conservatives a way to make some bucks they will shut up and go to work.

Was going over one of our account lists from about 18 months ago, so far in 3 states 20% of the stores are out of business, I have a feeling that if spring and summer aren't really good we will lose another 10%. In our business losses like that were unheard of, especially in such a short period of time. I know other industries are in even worse shape.

posted on Mar, 9 2021 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Amazing isn't it how noone gets that it's about nothing actually mentioned in your OP.

Its about love, respect and acceptance of one another.

Sweet as the notion is and downright necessary - it will unfortunately never ever eventuate for reasons fellow posters have posted so far............unbelievable the ignorance isn't it.
edit on 9-3-2021 by CthruU because: 1

posted on Mar, 9 2021 @ 07:07 AM
link   
The crusades were fun. Let’s keep it up.

posted on Mar, 9 2021 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

"The Ewill Weftists have landed"

Good thread tho, it's a shame we'll have to bomb it for freedumb.

posted on Mar, 9 2021 @ 08:03 AM
link   

[...] Now, on the upside, adult dependents will be added to this package and be eligible for checks, even though they weren’t in the first CARES package last March. And that $1,400 is just a small piece of what’s coming to people.

But Democrats also said they were going to put a $15 minimum wage into the package; then they signaled it clearly that they had zero intention to fight for it if the parliamentarian ruled it couldn’t go through under the complicated rules of reconciliation; when she did, they bowed to her decision. So, with no pressure from Republicans, the stimulus has appeared in the press to be one disappointment and betrayal after another.

Yet behind all of this failure is an extraordinary break with how Democrats have legislated for the last 40 years. People ready to be disappointed by the product might well be stunned to see eye-popping amounts of money landing in their bank accounts.[...]

WHAT’S REALLY IN THE PANDEMIC RELIEF BILL?

posted on Mar, 9 2021 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Funny you would say that...

posted on Mar, 9 2021 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Your post made me think of the Charlie Chaplin speech at the end of The Great Dictator.

We are more alike, than we will ever be different. We wake up under the same sun, but see different light.
The end of the day though, what ever light fades, the same sun rises tomorrow.

SaneThinking

posted on Mar, 9 2021 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Wow, that's all you got to bring to the discussion, definitely expected a more intelligent response from you , Did something hit you on the head during the earthquake? Of course, the original OP is basically for Americans as most people know it's difficult to judge somewhere that you don't actually live. You know like what this Iranian citizen was inferring as well.

posted on Mar, 9 2021 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

Iran has a central bank that interacts with every other country's central bank.

posted on Mar, 9 2021 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU

Amazing isn't it how noone gets that it's about nothing actually mentioned in your OP.

Its about love, respect and acceptance of one another.

Sweet as the notion is and downright necessary - it will unfortunately never ever eventuate for reasons fellow posters have posted so far............unbelievable the ignorance isn't it.

Definitely my thoughts I even did it myself LOL later in the thread. It's ironic cause growing up the left was all about tolerance, it was their most appealing aspect. Now that aspect has disappeared. Some approach this as we are mortal enemies.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join