It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3600 child tax credit

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2021 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Let's call a spade a spade. (not intended as a racist statement BTW)
www.npr.org...

The democrats want to make the $3,000-$3,600 child tax credit payable monthly or quarterly. I personally could care less if it was lump sum or monthly. But why are they doing this, really? It's because they know if they give a certain group of persons who pay ZERO taxes because they make no income a check for $3,600 (for 1 kid under 8), $7,200 (for 2 kids under 8), $10,800 (for 3 kids under 8) and so on, that this certain group of persons would..................

edit on 8-3-2021 by panoz77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2021 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I thought humans were clogging up the eco system.

I mean, we're even paying for other countries abortions.

But let's encourage the low info voters by dangling cash?

You know how annoying it is to walk into the county office, just to try to find a case worker, weekly and seeing people who don't belong here having screaming flesh minions walk in and out with a brand new bank account?

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2021 @ 08:19 PM
link   
They are hiding these big checks under the guise of a "tax credit". Please explain how you deserve a tax "credit" when you pay ZERO in taxes? Just send out the checks and call it what it is, free money for spreading your legs and popping out babies.
edit on 8-3-2021 by panoz77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2021 @ 08:28 PM
link   
The Child Tax Credit is being increased from $2,000 per child, to $3,000 (Age 7 thru 17) or $3600 (Age 6 and under) per child.

People who earn $0 per year will now qualify. Prior to now, you had to earn $2,500 or more.

Single caretakers up to $200,000 and Couples up to $400,000 annual income Qualify for the credit.

President Biden wants to make this increase and expansion permanent. Not just a one time gift courtesy of the Covid-19 relief bill.

More at: www.kiplinger.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2021 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: panoz77

My daughter's friend works in the walmart electronics department..
He said that they had televisions on pallets all priced from $400 to $600 when they last stimulus check was mailed.

posted on Mar, 8 2021 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77
They are hiding these big checks under the guise of a "tax credit". Please explain how you deserve a tax "credit" when you pay ZERO in taxes? Just send out the checks and call it what it is, free money for spreading your legs and popping out babies.

A dirty secret is the poorest quintile actually has negative tax rates because when you factor in the miscellaneous credits, they actually get tax refunds in excess of any taxes paid.

posted on Mar, 8 2021 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

He said that they had televisions on pallets all priced from $400 to $600 when they last stimulus check was mailed.

Smart tvs are "free" because they don't cost money.
Sam's club likely had those same tvs two months earlier for less money.

posted on Mar, 8 2021 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Joe Biden loves poor people so much that he wants to make us all poor.

posted on Mar, 8 2021 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: panoz77

A dirty secret is the poorest quintile actually has negative tax rates because when you factor in the miscellaneous credits, they actually get tax refunds in excess of any taxes paid.

You mean like when a woman who has 4 kids from 4 daddies has one of the daddies living with her, lives off of the system, charges him rent, makes the necessary $2,500 a year to apply for EIC (which they are doing away with?) and the guy who makes $28,000 a year and has 2K a year in taxes withheld gets together with said baby mama and together gets a 15k tax return this year?

I would like to think that as someone whose taxes PAY for that, I would at least like to have a few of those families under my own wing with a little bit of supervision allowed.

After all I'm invested in it now... right?

edit on 8-3-2021 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2021 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder

Joe Biden loves poor people so much that he wants to make us all poor.

He wants more compression. Fewer Rich and a lot Fewer Poor.

A client who relocated their business from Canada to the USA didn't like paying so much in taxes and fees to lift up the poor.

Looks like his USA prosperity may come to an end soon, like it did in Toronto, and he'll need to find another capitalist country.

posted on Mar, 8 2021 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

When my last stimulus check came

They had pallets of small $200 deep freezers at Lowe’s.

That was my big purchase.

posted on Mar, 8 2021 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: MRinder

joe biden and the democrats prove yet again, that they think poor people are too stupid to budget money so they have to give it to them a little at a time, so the poor folks don't blow it on liquor, smokes and lotto tickets in 2 weeks. biden already knows that poor folks, particularly black and Hispanic can't figure out how to use the internet, so he just assumes they can't balance a check book too.

posted on Mar, 8 2021 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Not the worst economic policy I’ve ever seen...

posted on Mar, 8 2021 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Well since no one has said it, that I can see, they're correct.

You can give certain poor people all the opportunities and money they can fit on their prepaid credit card, and at the end of the day, they will still live in poverty.

Now you can say that it's not their fault because they were not taught the proper way to manage their finances... That's BS and we all know that.

When they rather pay 300 dollars for a new pair of shoes rather than pay off your willfully entered into debts, that's on them. And yes, this is just throwing cash as black people, essentially buying their votes, nobody votes their benefactors out of office.

posted on Mar, 8 2021 @ 09:32 PM
link   
So this is that "Basic Guaranteed Income" that the Democrats wanted so badly. I wonder if this will work in a way that will punish anyone not taking the money, but instead trying to get ahead of the game and improve their lives? That would be very Trotskyist of them, wouldn't it.

posted on Mar, 8 2021 @ 09:35 PM
link   
For those disagreeing, what is your proposed solution?

posted on Mar, 8 2021 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Oppositeoftruth

"Tout le monde est votre ami jusqu'a ce que le percepteur arrive."
-Classical French saying-

It roughly means that everybody is your friend until the tax man comes.

When these people receiving the bulk of these free-bees understand the price they have to pay for those, well then it will be too late to pay the bill peaceably.

posted on Mar, 8 2021 @ 09:38 PM
link   
A government big enough to give you what you want is big enough to take what you have.

It's a deliberate move to create a dependent class.

posted on Mar, 8 2021 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TXRabbit

Good question and that brings up the difference between equality and equity.

This move is for equity. It basically means an equal outcome. But for many, it will be dependent on government.

Equality would mean equal opportunity. To provide an opportunity for anyone and success being dependent on the will of the individual.

posted on Mar, 8 2021 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TXRabbit

Easy, Anyone wanting to get money from the Government must preform work for the government. It could be something as simple as helping out cleaning the side of the roads, to doing basic office work. The point is that if a person wants help in the vein of money from the government to get through hard times, then the government should either OJT (On the Job Training) that person a set of skills so that they won't fall into the same issue in the future, or place the person into a job that will off set the amount of income they are receiving for help.

I know what people will say, "What about the person having time to look for a job on their own?" Well the person needing the help doesn't have to work a full five days a week, let them work four days instead then they can use that fifth day to work on resumes and job applications/interviews. That's the difference between helping a person out, and just enslaving them to the system.
edit on 8-3-2021 by Guyfriday because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join