It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Duchess Meghan Markle says Britains Royal Family Members are Racists.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Yes and no.

The Queen shows far more moral backbone and respect for the UK and the Commonwealth than the vast majority of elected politicians in the UK and World;, she's the longest serving Head of State in the World and the recent revelation of her abusing Royal consent is the only example of her abusing her power in any of the Constitutional/Monarchy texts/critiques I've read. She could sit on her arse all day but instead works 80+ hr weeks every week for the last 80 years or so performing mindnumbingly dull Royal duties.

Technically on paper she could veto a Bill via Royal Consent, refuse to open Parliament if she thuoght the PM was a twat, or disolve it jusat because she felt like it but the Public and Parliament would have them beheaded - she could easilly get away with murder if she wants *cough*Diana*cough*; but providing Parliament and the People use the laws and legislation to keep them in check it works better than a Presidential system in my view.

It's only as Democratic and functional as the monarch is though; Charles is clearly a nutcase who talks to plants and thinks recycled glass is majical woo healing crystals that cure cancer and forced the NHS into that and homeopathy a few years ago.

I'll see if I can dig out the job advert but MI6 were advertising for Agents to apply for an 'On Her Majesty's Silver Service' job role where they'd be a multi-lingual expert with training as a bulter/servant whose role would be to secretly spy on the Queen and private conversations of any visiting dignitaries around a decade ago -- though they're certainly used as psy-op against critics of the firm (see recent Mail 'journalism' coverage of the Megan/Oprah interview) and can only see SIS/armed forces allowing the removal of the Monarchy if it's the absolute last resort in maintaining national security.

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

just because there is no direct link to myself personally doesnt mean that it doesnt effect others or that id wish it removed on behalf of others that it directly affects.

One really easy example i can think of that does directly affect me
is paying taxes for birthday parties and babies being born and all that pish
then when loyalist scots decide to party and get #in hammered then trash the streets i live on and have to pay taxes to have the damages repaired , or engage in sectarian violence and smash up the place and other people, glasgow is a very violent place on auld firm day . Not so much anymore due to covid mind you

the royals are no more special than I am
so why the special treatment ? Whisky brings in more money to the economy than the queen does and costs a lot less to the public

edit on 10-3-2021 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

doesnt mean that it doesnt effect others or that id wish it removed on behalf of others that it directly affects.

How does it directly affect them? No good making an estimate without giving examples.

the royals are no more special than I am so why the special treatment ?

That sounds like politics of envy.

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Well she got lucky to marry such a great looking fella...
Oh, nothing to do with the money or status?

Great looking because he looks like his dad, and not like Prince Charles

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 09:38 AM
link   
March 10, 2021

Piers Morgan in HOT WATER

Meghan Markle filed a formal complaint with British broadcaster ITV following Piers Morgan's critical comments about her, according to multiple newspapers.

The Guardian and The Telegraph both reported a formal complaint was lodged with ITV on behalf of the Duchess of Sussex after Monday’s edition of "Good Morning Britain" when Morgan questioned whether Markle was being truthful in her bombshell interview Sunday with Oprah Winfrey.

Morgan, who has since permanently left the show, drew more than 41,000 complaints after saying he didn't "believe a word" of Markle's claims of Royal Family racism and bullying.

That prompted an investigation of Morgan by the United Kingdom's "Ofcom," or Office of Communications, under its "harm and offense rules."
Source: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

As much as I hate Piers, it's a ridiculous complaint that wont be upheld as it's his opinion and his job as a journalist is to question the State and public figures.

I was on the fence about her prior to the interview but based on write-ups of her claims she seems like she had zero understanding of the form and function of the Monarchy or the realities of Royal life and his trying to pass herself off as the victim. She still doesn't seem to grasp Royalty and modernisation are fundamentally incompatible.

The last thing people who've been 'driven to the point of suicide' by international press and private family life do is grant all-exclusive, warts-and-all, high-profile interviews.

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

I will say this I doubt the queen is prejudice. This is a family issue that went public because someone needed the press, Wont coment but her trying to make a career off the royals just makes americans look bad. Most of the complaints she made was simply royal life. Like it shocked her everyone bowed to the queen even family. This is tridition and it is what the royal family is.Eeverything they do is steeped in tradition its litterally their job. I dont blame her however from the outside looking in it would seem crazy having your grandkids bow and curtsy to grandma.

Who i blame is Prince harry he has always looked for ways to embarras his family. We all remember the drug and hooker incident in las vegas. He grew up he understands the protocol involved and he could easily explain to her its not racist its tradition. Instead he throwing his family under the bus to make money. See in reality he knew he wasnt going to become king prince william and his 3 kids are above him in the line of succesion. I think this is the large part of the reason he acted out and became the black sheep. He had nothing but the inheritance his mother gave him control of prince charles estate will go to william. So you can say he might be mad at brother and dad because he feels hes being shafted. (speculation here but his actions seem to prove this)

edit on 3/10/21 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

I never thought that comprehension of the English language was a problem for you.

The Royal Family DO NOT impact on me or my family or anyone I know on day to day issues.

Alternative types of Head of State have clear and obvious failings and I felt were little better than the UK's despite me having an ethical dislike of the idea any type of hereditary monarchy or authority - any type of authority if the truth is told.
I have a dislike and distrust of all politicians and those who seek positions of power and influence.
And I think I was quite clear in stating that I was previously unaware of the level of interference Liz has exerted - sometimes by 'representatives' and/or quite surreptitiously - and as a result felt quite neutral about them.

But given what I learnt this morning about the Queen trying to influence government legislation on numerous occasions throughout her 'reign' I now have serious misgivings about her, her family and about the UK having a Constitutional Monarchy.
That's because I try my best not to have a locked in viewpoint and I'm open to new information etc.
Effectively what I learnt this morning has pushed me off the fence.

That being said, the fact remains that none of that - to our knowledge at present - had any sort of direct effect on me.

Its a moral, ethical and political issue and I've sort of come round to the opinion that they are an outdated anachronism that have outlived their fit for purpose and its time we got rid of them. (And whilst we are at it we may as well abolish The House of Lords and institute a more representative second chamber and even more radically drastically reform our outdated and unfit for purpose party political system).

edit on 10/3/21 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Looks like "mommy dearest" would like Archie to become a titled prince when we don't even know if he/she wants to be a prince or princess.

Not very woke Meghan!
Trying to get your wee young one essentially signed up to the army when you don't even know if he/she likes "girly" things instead.

Apparently both sides of the pond need some serious diversity training!

Well, now that Oprah has done her duty, maybe Dr. Phil can take the entire family for a weekend to "The Ranch"?
edit on 10-3-2021 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Does any of it matter if none of them are really the Royal Family ?.... we arent talking a Blacksheep here....we are talking disenfranchisement of an entire Group.

And...On the other hand....we are also talking re-instatement of the legitimate Royal Family....so that would mean we are just talking about another Commoners Family squabble with Racist overtones ....and who would care about that when anew Royal Family is being indoctrinated by the Good People.

Maybe Princess Dianna was going to open up the real family Tree to little trimming.

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion

Thats a Fact, Princess Elizabeth was in fact Visiting Africa, She was told how her Father - then King - had passed away. Princess had to then leave Africa and return back home. Reasons being - obvious King bbeing laid to rest, plus Princess attending Coronation to be annointed as Queen Elizabeth II of UK + Commonwealth.

Often visited small Islands where Her Majesty was forever welcomed by local natives. Natives who often sang sorrowful - Missing you - style songs when Queen had to eventually say Farewell.

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I hope no one shows Meghan a picture of Harry dressed as a Nazi ..

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I mean airing your dirty laundry in public could have been worse.

It could have been a two hour Jerry Springer special.

Well, potentially it still could.

Picture it: side Meghan to the left and side British Royal family to the right.
Pies in the middle.
What could go boring?

She's trying to drag it all down to her arena, but will they play?
I think not.
What she doesn't realize is there are narcissists in that family too.
And they have a long, long memory.
edit on 10-3-2021 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Well God-forbid, but if anything should befall Prince Philip, it's game over for her at the moment anyway.
There will be an immense outpouring of grief for the Duke of Edinburgh sooner or later.
And their behavior now will partly be blamed for it.
If you want to be the hippy prince somewhere fine, but no need to smear anyone at the same time.

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 05:58 AM
link   
The Royals do not claim benefits ! the money they receive comes from income from the royal estates, of which the government controls, the profits of which the royal family gets between 15 to 20 % the government keeps the rest.
Prince Charles gets his own income from the Duchy of Cornwall, which is mostly in Devon ! And pays income tax on it.

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: pikestaff

Since 1993, the Queen and the Prince of Wales have paid tax voluntarily in the similar way as everyone else does.

This is set out in a Memorandum of Understanding on Royal Taxation of the same year.

But the nation provides for the monarchy in a few ways, like first through explicit finance and secondly by foregoing tax on the her private wealth.

However despite years of public outcry, the sum never seems to set on the British monarch’s tax breaks.

I suppose it helps to have the government in your pocket all the same.
edit on 11-3-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

Prince Philip just had a heart transplant a few weeks back.

At 99 years old, quite a few complications could befall the chap.

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Prince Philip just had a heart transplant a few weeks back.

I think you mean " implant "

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a Little history never hurt

THE ROYAL FAMILY AND THE AFRICAN SLAVE TRADE - 2018

Tony Blair and Queen Elizabeth have both refused to apologize for the actions of Britain in the slave trade even though their nation was enriched in the process. Everything that the British family has was stolen from other nations, the fear is if they were to apologize then they would then be sued and made to pay reparations. ......

When Queen Elizabeth II was asked about paying reparations she responded, “Under the statue of the International Civil Court, acts of enslavement committed today do constitute crimes against humanity. But the historic slave trade was not a crime against humanity or contrary to international law at the time when the U.K. government condoned it.”......

But they said they were sorry - nothing more to see here ... lets see some reaction

Dear Prince Charles, Ghanaians Are Still Slaves In Modern Day Britain

The money that was made on the Transatlantic slave trade triangle was what made Great Britain what it is today, Great Britain. Slavery changed the landscapes of Britain and other European countries forever. Wasn’t the Bank of England which still thrives today built on the back-borne of slavery?

When I think of what happened in that Cape Coast Castle in Ghana, my stomach turns and I cry. Women and Men where thrown in dungeons, where they were shackled, sleeping on their own human waste. They faced the most evil conditions humans ever witnessed in the history of mankind. The women were mercilessly raped daily by their European masters. The men were reduced to being animals as they waited for their fate to enter the door of no return to the new world on the slave ships. How can this, your Royal Highness be merely a regrettable part of history? I can not possibly comprehend this.

edit on 3112021 by MetalThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

I thought the Man had received a transplant.

Take it that it was a stent implant or pacemaker he got then?

Ether way i hope he recovers.

Cant stand they fellow, but he's an old dude and due at least a measure of respect for that.
edit on 11-3-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join