It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever tried one of those Jump Starter packs??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2021 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Ugh i loathe those jump packs, my shop i work at had 6 of them, they all burned out, i talked them into getting the smaller noco packs, 1000 amp ones, like 150$ and been using them for over 5 years and still going strong.

a reply to: lordcomac

posted on Mar, 8 2021 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I bought one of the larger ones and it wasn't very good. I got a small one and it's brilliant. Buuuttt, one thing you HAVE to do is get a good connection. People who say they don't really work it's probably they haven't got a good connection.
Razor, Have you thought about a trickle charger for your bike? I use one on my big Honda, leave it on continuously, then when you want to ride just disconnect. Full battery every time.

posted on Mar, 8 2021 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Huh, that's weird. What kind is it?

It's a type s, people seem to love them so I must've gotten a defective one
edit on 8-3-2021 by mikeone718 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2021 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I had been using the old heavy ones which were basically just a backup battery for years. Only problem is, they have usually about the same life span as a regular car battery. It got old relacing every two to three years for something I maybe used a handful of times in a year. Very nice to have on hand though. I had no idea they have evolved. Maybe I will look into these new Li-Ion ones.

posted on Mar, 8 2021 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Look into the new LiOn ones. They're really awesome, almost scary good actually!

Makes me wonder what this does to your main battery when they charge that fast!

posted on Nov, 4 2021 @ 07:49 AM
link   
i found if you put a 5 watt solar panel in the back window of you can and plugin the jump starter pack it will be fully charged when you need it.
you can get a converter that you can connect to the solar panel for USB charging for the jump starter pack or anything else that uses a USB charger. i now have 2 5 watt solar panels from harbor freightin the back window one for the starter pack and one trickle charging the car and allowing the dash camera to record 24/7.

posted on Nov, 4 2021 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

The black one at napa.

www.napaonline.com...

This is the one in my truck,
this is the one you'll see in the corner of every mechanic shop.
This is the same one the AAA tow trucks carry.

honestly I'm thinking about buying a second one for my second truck.

its lead acid I assume- based on the weight and how fast it charges/discharges.
Best I've ever touched. I've only charged it with the regular charger it came with once- now I just use the cable it came with to plug it in to the 12v round plug in my truck for a few days after using it. Havent seen that charger plug since 2018.

I've used this to start flat dead v8 trucks, and to give my old diesel backhoe that little extra oomph it needs to start in the snow. I regularly use it to charge my stupid cell phone, but that requires a 12>5v adapter because it doesn't have usb built in.
A mechanic I know passed away last year, and he had the same thing- but I think his was an 8500 and not a 5500. That one is my fathers now but I've got my eye on it.

lilnk to the one FCD is talking about.

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: lordcomac

The black one at napa.

www.napaonline.com...

This is the one in my truck,
this is the one you'll see in the corner of every mechanic shop.
This is the same one the AAA tow trucks carry.

honestly I'm thinking about buying a second one for my second truck.

its lead acid I assume- based on the weight and how fast it charges/discharges.
Best I've ever touched. I've only charged it with the regular charger it came with once- now I just use the cable it came with to plug it in to the 12v round plug in my truck for a few days after using it. Havent seen that charger plug since 2018.

I've used this to start flat dead v8 trucks, and to give my old diesel backhoe that little extra oomph it needs to start in the snow. I regularly use it to charge my stupid cell phone, but that requires a 12>5v adapter because it doesn't have usb built in.
A mechanic I know passed away last year, and he had the same thing- but I think his was an 8500 and not a 5500. That one is my fathers now but I've got my eye on it.

lilnk to the one FCD is talking about.

Actually, this is the one I purchased and was referring to Here

top topics

<< 1   >>

join