It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Elephant In The Room: Globalism

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Mar, 7 2021 @ 10:49 AM
link   
And a big old elephant it is. It’s far past time to have an adult discussion it seems to me.

While, yes, there are all kinds of “conspiracy theories” in relation to the topic, the reality remains that our “elites” & deep-politic power-players are openly leading the world into some form Globalism. Greatly progressing & picking up speed, too, it seems.

The long-pursued goal of Globalism—and even The Great Reset—are real objectives being unfolded by real & very powerful people like it or not.

And “like it or not” is where that adult conversation about the elephant in the room comes in.

Admittedly, as fractured as we are “politically” right now it can be a challenge to have any sort of adult discussion.

However, from “out there” to “plausible” we can put conspiracy theories totally aside for the moment as we find ourselves in, basically, four general positions: We either tend to welcome globalization, tend to oppose globalization, are engaged but undecided, or are apathetic/ignorant for whatever reason.

The fifth position, denying “Globalization” isn’t possible anymore—-not if you want to be taken seriously in intellectual discussion.

I believe that many of us that are considered on “opposing sides” politically are actually much closer to many mutual agreements than we might imagine after having lived with such intense polarization for the last few years.

I hope so anyway.

Some of us are even “re-agreeing”—-having somehow forgotten that we actually do—or did at one time—agree on so many things: Endless war, out of control “national security” alphabets, GMOs, Super-Corporatism, etc. et. al. ad nauseam.

All the “isms” sound good on paper—-but some are more prone to state control. So which is it? Can you, do you, justify the coming global-state?

It’s been fascinating watching Russell Brand coming around to the elite’s bait & switch. They talk unity & philanthropy all the while building something starkly, some might even say frighteningly, different.

edit on 7-3-2021 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Mar, 7 2021 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Just look at the concerted effort to demonize nationalism, the pledge of allegence, the flag.

Look at the efforts to go against the Constitution.

posted on Mar, 7 2021 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Man, I haven't heard from you in long time.
Good topic and some good videos.

I realize these same ideas almost daily. Global thinking is the new "normal" in business and acquiring wealth. Any big company has its tentacles wrapped around being "global" and for good reason. The public needs to all be consumed by the change regardless if it's welcome.

Excellent thread that I will follow closely.

posted on Mar, 7 2021 @ 10:54 AM
link   

I am 100% for globalism as a premise and concept.

I am also 100% against the corporate-political version of it, which is a death march towards dependence.

Which is pretty much the angle I have taken since I came across these plans decades ago, and why I worked on all the things I worked on.

Russel Brand is great!

posted on Mar, 7 2021 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Go glocal. Not a typo. Utopian but since I want to make progress in science and space exploration it's the only way forward.
What it means is small self organizing entities, local- in a global cooperation and exchange network.
With small and local I mean small independent districts.

posted on Mar, 7 2021 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I like the empty-headed look of that guy in the WEF advertisement. The propaganda oozes from that image.

LONG VIEW. The public wasn't consulted in the mid-1940s when many decisions were undertaken that shaped the postwar world.

Is there any reason to believe that public buy-in will be seriously sought this time?

This clique is used to making their decisions without reference to what the rest of us think.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 7 2021 @ 11:08 AM
link   
"The Great Reset"

Sounds like a bs soft serve conspiracy.
The more you look into it, the more it looks fake.

People will not advertise a conspiracy like this, it makes no sense.
It kind of fits right in with the onslaught of conspiracies right now.

Elections, aliens, viruses...etc...x1000

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 7 2021 @ 11:09 AM
link   

In theory globalism could be like Star Trek with food generators and free clean energy.

In practice globalism will be like The Expanse with an ultra rich ruling class, us scavenging for sustenance, and lots of dumping people out of air locks.

posted on Mar, 7 2021 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam

I am also 100% against the corporate-political version of it, which is a death march towards dependence.

Therein the crux. The actual reality of what we're experiencing. The fat ass of the elephant plopping down on us.

A bit of openminded digging & logic reveals that these global architects don't appear to have humanity's interests at heart. Works out pretty well for the architects though heh.

posted on Mar, 7 2021 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Opposing globalization is like opposing a snow storm. You can oppose it all you want, it isn’t going to stop it from happening. Globalization is the natural evolution of our globally connected worldwide society. It isn’t some thing that’s on it’s way either, it’s been reality for the better part of a century at this point.

This isn’t a “new normal” it’s just how things are. And have been. Denying that is denying reality.

posted on Mar, 7 2021 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks
Same can be said about opposing a corporation ran government, but I don't see people spoiling their britches about Twitter, Google or Facebook.

Just the scary U.S.

posted on Mar, 7 2021 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Nivhk

Because in most countries they're not as big as in the US. Just a few hippsters and horny people.

posted on Mar, 7 2021 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

True to a degree. But don't confuse global cooperations & trade with a universal corporate-government.

Certainly don't just "accept" it without separating the rhetoric & illusion from what's really being built.

posted on Mar, 7 2021 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Opposing globalization is like opposing a snow storm. You can oppose it all you want, it isn’t going to stop it from happening. Globalization is the natural evolution of our globally connected worldwide society. It isn’t some thing that’s on it’s way either, it’s been reality for the better part of a century at this point.

This isn’t a “new normal” it’s just how things are. And have been. Denying that is denying reality.

True, but it would be nice to help create the image of what that means. We both can see very different types of globalism if China took the lead to paint it compares to the US/EU. That is the edge we are standing on right now...what will globalism be like, and China globalism looks pretty freaken scary to me.
edit on 7-3-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2021 @ 11:49 AM
link   
It is easy to suggest to live with nothing if you have nothing to begin with and you are unwilling to grow and mature your life into having what you want, its hard work....

So we have the liberal rich who will not be effected as they can spend whatever without a single scratch to their lifestyle, and we have 2 generations of WOKE kids that think it is all too hard and believe in game resets to where everyone can start again at level 1. Its unfair to enter the game of life at level 1 and see others that been playing it for decades already at level 75 having all the stuff you want now. I call this group the game reset generation.

The good new is Gen Z is turning out more like non-religious conservatives as a group they seem to be more motivated to work hard on the skillsets needed to get ahead in life, and not just spend 60k on some crap degree that means nothing to the business world, but your college told you it is a 100k job out the door...lol such innocents preyed on by our educational institutions.

posted on Mar, 7 2021 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Facebook is massive outside the us...

www.statista.com...

It has 2.8 billion users around the world.

posted on Mar, 7 2021 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

You have to see that relatively India 1.366 billion people, 320 = ca 1/4 big tech geeks
USA 328 millions, 190 = more than half.
And with the rest of that list all horny hippsters ...(partially joking)

posted on Mar, 7 2021 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

OK globalism could possibly mean all countries have a voice in the governance of the people. There would be no borders in a truly global society and some governing authority (appointed by our masters) would have say on everyone's activities from Timbuktu to New York. Would you vote on what societal decisions that the elite ruling body dictates; I think not.

I can only imagine what new form of a bastardized religion would end up being forced down everyone's throats. Veils/mask for all as the way things are going there will a stronger push to make everyone sexless and obedient to the new religion of government. Obey now for there is an earthly punishment that happens "NOW" not after you are dead.

The whole voting thing is ridiculous (unless done by reps who suck up to the governing authority) as the PTB can not have mob rule to interfere with their "they own everything and you own nothing" plans..

How would the laws be equal for everyone when local customs/religion says a 9 year old girl is ready for marriage and if she misbehaves beat her ?

Yep that whole one world government would work about as good as the united nations where countries like Saudi Arabia are on the human Rights committee ! At least with the UN they have little actual power because of all the different factions in that body. They are good at siphoning off money from those who want to believe regardless of what good the UN does.

The characters in Star Trek were all their version of the military and educated yet there were still bad apples occasionally.

I kinda think the end story will be more like Star Wars...... and the rebels will not easily be put down.

Since China has the most population maybe they will be in charge as they certainly know how to scare a population into submission and do away with just about all religions and privately owned property unless it is state sponsored and the religion preaches the virtues of the CCP.

Where is my Light saber and X=Wing ??

edit on 727thk21 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2021 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

OK globalism could possibly mean all countries have a voice in the governance of the people. There would be no borders in a truly global society and some governing authority (appointed by our masters) would have say on everyone's activities from Timbuktu to New York. Would you vote on what societal decisions that the elite ruling body dictates; I think not.

It would only work once as a global level everyone is equal, whatever that looks like. From history it will be the protected few haves and 10 + billion have nots... Think today if we opened our borders and 600 million came up from a crappy life in the south to America what would America economically look like in 10 years or 20 years? Think if EU was flooded with 1 billion more...same picture.

posted on Mar, 7 2021 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

In theory globalism could be like Star Trek with food generators and free clean energy.

In practice globalism will be like The Expanse with an ultra rich ruling class, us scavenging for sustenance, and lots of dumping people out of air locks.

I like to think that globalism would flourish in a setting where limitless energy and instantaneous, efficient transportation existed (think portals, like those depicted in "Stargate").

Sadly...we don't have those luxuries ATM. So manufacturing goods on one side of the Earth to ship via large (gas-powered) ocean vessels to other side of the Earth makes little sense, from an efficiency standpoint.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join