It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How A Term Used By Thugs and Rappers For Gun Fights Infiltrated US Culture and the Mainstream Media

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2021 @ 11:45 AM
link   
So now we know. "Clap Back" is a black supremacist dog whistle for shoot someone. And if that "someone" is a government employee then it's inciting an insurrection.

The FBI should be interrogating any treasonous news outlet that uses this racist dog whistle.

posted on Mar, 7 2021 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

I think it’s funny that you had to dig incredibly deep to figure out the origin of a phrase that’s been commonly used for years.

I will be on the lookout for some introspection and self-awareness from our propaganda masters in the MSM.

Yeah, because using this phrase is some MSM plot to feed you propaganda. Good lord.

I didn't have to "dig deep" for anything, as I have been around the block a few times and heard those lyrics in songs not listed in the MW article. I was well aware of their connotation before they were ever a media buzzword.

Since we're on the topic of humor, I think it's funny that your immediate reaction to this post was to deflect attention away from the recent trend of normalizing gun violence in the media's vernacular.

Mediocre response underwerks, but not surprising.
edit on 7-3-2021 by SleeperHasAwakened because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2021 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Another often used phrase is "shot back", as in "The press secretary shot back with a searing response to the reporter's question."

But in that case the press secretary actually pulled out a gun and shot back...

Should gang slang really be mainstream, AOC will cap yo ass! Is there actually ANY gang slang that isn't derogatory in nature, maybe we can bring back "bitch or ho" as the general terms for females since they are very popular terms too, what ya think.

edit on 7-3-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2021 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
Not to belabor the pop culture language (because those observations are "on point") but clapping to emphasize your argument has been around for a lot longer than most rap artists. That's what I always think of when I hear "clap back" is when the rebuttal is underlined by the actual physical gesture. Like those status posts with the πŸ‘ emoji between every word is a reflection of fairly standard body language.

That is exactly what I've always gotten from the phrase - while in a debate or argument, shouting in response,

while πŸ‘ loudly πŸ‘ clapping πŸ‘ your πŸ‘ hands πŸ‘ between πŸ‘ each πŸ‘ word.

And every time I've seen it done in person or in a video, without fail, the person doing the shouting & clapping has no logical response, so they make loud noises to halt any debate and shut down the other participant(s) BAMN.

In logical terms, it's exactly the same as sticking one's fingers in your ears, shutting your eyes really tight, and yelling "I CAN'T HEAR YOU, I'M NOT LISTENING TO WHAT YOU SAY."

Pop culture phrases come and go, and this one too will get worn out and thrown away. But yeah, it's extra annoying.

'Clap Back' can go clap itself, and get the clap too, for good measure.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join