It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#SuperStraight on Twitter

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Oh my... #SuperStraight is blowing up Twitter, along with #SuperGay, #SuperLesbian, and #SuperBi. It seems to be half joking and half satirical... but it's pretty darn funny too! I needed something a little lighthearted with all the doom and gloom around us. I thought others might too.

It started with a guy on TikTok, who was tired of being called "transphobic" for not wanting to date men who identify as women -- "trans women." He declared his preference for women who are female by BOTH gender and sex, and dubbed it #SuperStraight.

This guy -- among others -- retweeted it --

EdibleTom Twitter

-- and it took off from there. Some did not get it at first... and were not happy once they did. The trans community is flooding the #SuperStraight hashtag with their personal art, trying to deflect and dilute its popularity (and purpose). And fair enough! I give them credit for not doing so in hateful or abusive way. So good on them.

On the other hand, the "Supers" of all sorts are having fun over at #SuperSolidarity, where the SuperStraights are throwing off their social shackles and coming out loud and proud -- teeheehee! -- to the praise and applause of the Super brethren. "So brave and stunning!" And I give them all the same credit for not doing so in hatefuly or abusive ways.

The humor of it all aside, the Supers are making an important point, which is that their sexuality and sexual identity is just as real and valid as anyone else's, and it's not for the trans community to tell others who and what "identities" are acceptable or valid. Maybe the humor and lightheartedness will help the trans community to see that being SuperStraight or SuperGay or SuperLesbian isn't about them, AT ALL, and respect the Supers the same way they want to be respected.

We can hope so anyway...
edit on 6-3-2021 by Boadicea because: Clarity -- added "important"

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Sounds super cereal!!!

I don't do twatter but if I did I'd be #Superweird

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa

Sounds super cereal!!!

I don't do twatter but if I did I'd be #Superweird

That's valid too!!!

But thanks for saying it, because it sums it up pretty well. I think we're ALL #SuperWeird in our own ways, and sometimes in common ways, but it's all good. (As long as we're not hurting anyone...)

ETA: FYI -- All the Twitter links are viewable by anyone. You don't need to be on Twitter to see them.
edit on 6-3-2021 by Boadicea because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 01:27 PM
link   

He declared his preference for women who are female by BOTH gender and sex, and dubbed it #SuperStraight.

This guy -- among others -- retweeted it --

-- and it took off from there. Some did not get it at first... and were not happy once they did. The trans community is flooding the #SuperStraight hashtag with their personal art, trying to deflect and dilute its popularity (and purpose). And fair enough! I give them credit for not doing so in hateful or abusive way. So good on them.

And thus was fought the Super Twitter War of 2021. In which hashtags were launched in an all out assault because some people were super upset. When the dust settled...

The average person still didn't give even one single # either way....
edit on 6/3/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

And thus was fought the Super Twitter War of 2021.

That actually wouldn't surprise me... #SuperTwitterWar2021!

If Twitter doesn't ban the hashtag, it may very well become exactly that. I hope not. I'd like to see it stay lighthearted and humorous. But we'll see.

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 01:34 PM
link   

That actually wouldn't surprise me... #SuperTwitterWar2021!

Hmmmm...

What you should do is retweet all the super tweets with that hash tag. Spread it around, make it a thing. Ya never know, some idiotic media agency might see it and write a news story about it. Wouldn't it be funny to see that as a headline?

You could make this happen...

I mean some guy's super bowl joke on twitter made headlines...
edit on 6/3/2021 by dug88 because: I kinda miss my twitter trolling days....#blackpiratesmatter

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Hmmmm... I'll have to pass. That would require me actually signing up with Twitter. And that would be a firm no!

Besides, it's your idea, so you should make it happen and get the glory... And if you do, post a link (of course!).

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I had a twitter account for a few weeks years ago...i was banned for participating in i suppose what one could call an organized raid on twitter from a certain board on far flung corners of the internet...

I try to avoid such things these days...still ideas come up from time to time...

I figured you had a twitter account or something...you seem to know its going ons. My bad.

I imagine it's harder these days to get disposable accounts on there also. I'm guessing they probably do the phone number thing like most places...

The internet's just no fun anymore.

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

I had a twitter account for a few weeks years ago...i was banned for participating in i suppose what one could call an organized raid on twitter from a certain board on far flung corners of the internet...

I love it!

The internet's just no fun anymore.

That's the truth. That's why I appreciate finding things like this. So many clever and funny peeps out there -- when they aren't drowned out (or cancelled) by the mediocre masses.

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I think we misunderstand eachother about what i was referring to by fun.

I miss the days of pseudoanonymity being prevalent across the internet and there were many loosely moderated communities where one could go and at most they'd ask for an email address and free opinion and speech were mostly allowed as long as you followed the rules of that community.

Basically, the internet was a lot more like ats except for any topic, niche, hobby you can imagine. Nobody got cancelled, you might get banned from one site, but that wouldn't automatically get you banned from everything. People didn't feel the need to post everything from a public account with their name, personal info, pictures etc.

Today's internet is like some warped version of being in public, except you're wearing a sign with your name and contact info and everbody's yelling at eachother all the time...

Even this little twitter war is the same #. All these people posting this nonsense with their face and name, some of these people will have this affect their real life...it's ridiculous.

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

I think we misunderstand eachother about what i was referring to by fun.

Apparently so...

I miss the days of pseudoanonymity being prevalent across the internet and there were many loosely moderated communities where one could go and at most they'd ask for an email address and free opinion and speech were mostly allowed as long as you followed the rules of that community.

Basically, the internet was a lot more like ats except for any topic, niche, hobby you can imagine. Nobody got cancelled, you might get banned from one site, but that wouldn't automatically get you banned from everything. People didn't feel the need to post everything from a public account with their name, personal info, pictures etc.

Today's internet is like some warped version of being in public, except you're wearing a sign with your name and contact info and everbody's yelling at eachother all the time...

Even this little twitter war is the same #. All these people posting this nonsense with their face and name, some of these people will have this affect their real life...it's ridiculous.

I'm not sure why you think there's only one right way to internet, or why that should be the only "fun" allowed or available, but yes, anonymity is part of the fun. But not all of the fun. Privacy and anonymity is a right and a choice, it should never be a mandate. And there's much to be said for owning your social media presence publicly, and loud and proud. That's also a right and a choice.

Especially given that the issues involved are already affecting their real life. It's already part of social media. It's already part of politics. They can't "opt out" so they're engaging on their terms. Good for them!

There are lots of ways to express yourself, and lots of ways to be "valid". Which is pretty much the point of this OP. There are lots of ways to be clever and funny and serious and activist and anything and everything under the sun. Folks can and will make of it what they choose.

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Especially given that the issues involved are already affecting their real life. It's already part of social media. It's already part of politics. They can't "opt out" so they're engaging on their terms. Good for them!

Is it really though? How many straight men have actually been in a situation where they actually turned a tranny down and the tranny got mad at them and called them transphobic?

How many people can honestly say

'Yes this has happened to me.'

I'd be willing to be not very many. These aren't real issues, they're imaginary internet issues that get hyped up by media and these garbage social media platforms. It's nonsense honestly.

All i know is, the whole tranny bathroom bull# was started in one of those above mentioned raids. I remember the exact thread that started it. A bunch of bored mother #ers on 4chan decided they wanted to raid real life. They said they'd push this idea of trannies wanting to use their correct bathroom....lo and behold, a couple years later, that #'s literally in the news. They also started the freebleeding period meme of a few years back, but that was less successful.

All of this current crap has sprung from the bathroom issue, which started as a literal meme on 4chan....

No...i don't see any of this nonsense as being worth any amount of time.

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Okay. Gotcha. Loud and clear.

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I've been reading the #Super tags since you posted them and I find it hilarious to read.

About damn time straight males grew a set and made a stand!

There may be hope for me and guys after all...

#SuperBi supports #SuperStraight!!!!

edit on 6-3-2021 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

LOL -- I'm so glad you're getting a kick out of them too!

I read a few to my husband, and we were both laughing so hard at some we set the dogs crazy too.

Go #SuperSolidarity!!!
edit on 6-3-2021 by Boadicea because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

LOL -- I'm so glad you're getting a kick out of them too!

I read a few to my husband, and we were both laughing so hard at some we set the dogs crazy too.

Go #SuperSolidarity!!!

I for the first time ever really want to start a Twatter account just to comment...

If I'm Bi and am naturally attracted to organic genitalia, does that make me a bigot?

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

I for the first time ever really want to start a Twatter account just to comment...

If I'm Bi and am naturally attracted to organic genitalia, does that make me a bigot?

Of course not -- you're just #SuperBi.. and #SuperBrave and #SuperStunning if I might add.

Wear it with #SuperPride as a #SuperBadgeOfHonor.

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Of course not -- you're just #SuperBi.. and #SuperBrave and #SuperStunning if I might add.

Wear it with #SuperPride as a #SuperBadgeOfHonor.

Quoted for #SuperHilarity.

Thanks for posting the topic... it's the best laugh I've had in months reading the threads.

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 04:13 PM
link   

This just might get some legs, actually...

Are we finally seeing some pushback on Political Correctness from the "normies"?

I do hope so.

#SuperSolidarity!!!!

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 04:28 PM
link   

You're welcome! It really did feel good to laugh...

Here's a little more to tickle your funny bone: r/SuperStraight

I'll have to look for an r/SuperSolidarity when I'm done laughing at r/SuperStraight...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join