It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are pork prices drastically increasing recently

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 02:42 AM
link   
In Iowa there's some kind of disease that is affecting the pigs that's about all I know plus another state I think it's Michigan or Minnesota is having the same problem or some kind of disease.
China is having a real terrible problem with this big population right now.
I'm doing some investigating on the imports of pork to China at the moment how add to this thread later as I get some up-to-date results about the export support going to Hong Kong Shanghai and Beijing.
But the pork processing plant in Iowa I think it's a Dubuque or cedar rapids Iowa is owned by the Chinese maybe someone there can investigate whether they're shipping the pork to China these days from that plant.

A dollar exchange rate currently is really kind of acting pretty strange.
It's now costing more because of the exchange rate to buy American goods and this is going to put an economic slump even make it worse than what it currently is for exports across the world.

edit on 0300000045432021-03-06T02:43:45-06:00434503am2 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
In Iowa there's some kind of disease that is affecting the pigs that's about all I know plus another state I think it's Michigan or Minnesota is having the same problem or some kind of disease.
I'm doing some investigating on the imports of pork to China at the moment how add to this thread later as I get some up-to-date results about the export support going to Hong Kong Shanghai and Beijing.
But the pork processing plant in Iowa I think it's a Dubuque or cedar rapids Iowa is owned by the Chinese maybe someone there can investigate whether they're shipping the pork to China these days from that plant.

It's now costing more because of the exchange rate to buy American goods and this is going to put an economic slump even make it worse than what it currently is for exports across the world.

Aren't a dunch of Trump's tariffssanctions still in place, causing a whole bunch of problems with the Chinese export market?

I might be wrong, but aren't meat packing plants one of the biggest covid super spreaders as well, because the virus can survive a long time in the cool moist environments. I seem to remember that this hit beef prices a few months back.

I'm going to take anything that you say about China with a pinch of salt, because you're profile picture suggest that you're not an honest broker when it comes to China.

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 03:01 AM
link   
'Cause it's not pork, exactly. It's South Pacific Long Pig, grown in labs and cloned from the fairest, juiciest ... porkers.

They know we'd be onto any soy-lentil pseudo foods, so they skipped right to cloned, engineered pig plus.

That's my theory and I'm sticking to it for at least until I type a period.

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

A lot of food items have gone up since COVID 19, but I haven't seen a big increase in the price of pork. I still get pork chops, roasts and ribs for under $2 a pound. Bacon has gone up about 50 cents a pound. I just purchased a beautiful tray of fat, bone in, pork chops for $1.85 a pound at WinCo here in California.

edit on 6-3-2021 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
'Cause it's not pork, exactly. It's South Pacific Long Pig, grown in labs and cloned from the fairest, juiciest ... porkers.

They know we'd be onto any soy-lentil pseudo foods, so they skipped right to cloned, engineered pig plus.

That's my theory and I'm sticking to it for at least until I type a period.

Why would anybody who was into organic whole-foods want to touch something lab grown?

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Pork has not changed in price here in 10 years.
I do not know how they make a living.
I bought a dressed weight 200 pounder, local raised, to BBQ at my stepsons wedding for 300 cannuckabucks.
I just went to the local grocery store and bought 3 whole legs, BC pork for .99 a pound.
This must be a problem local to you.
We are on Vancouver Island

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Maybe its because the rotten plick who have been systemiclly infecting Humanity with Pleomorphic Bacteria are now paying attention to the Algorithms that say the Cat is out of the Bag forever......the Anti-Humanitarian Monsters have been artificially keeping prices of infectious foods LOWER THAN NORMAL FOR DECADES EVEN CENTURIES.

Dont eat Pig-Chicken-Eggs unless they are properly treated....Freeze-dried or Irradiated....not ever....and if you have eaten these foods ...kill the internal bugs those untreated foods gave you over your lifetime....everybody loves bacon alright.....I havent touched a Pig or Chicken or egg in years....I am considering Freeze Dried eggs because I miss them...but they are absolutely FILTHY for us to eat untreated.

The weaponized subsidies done to infect us all faster , are now gone forever.

Chicken and Eggs are next.
edit on 6-3-2021 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Humans are filthy too- eggs are pre packaged right out from the back side of a chicken.

Go eat some meat, mate!

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: a325nt
a reply to: one4all

Humans are filthy too- eggs are pre packaged right out from the back side of a chicken.

Go eat some meat, mate!

Skip the meat..but dont skip the fat.

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 08:36 AM
link   
China

They lost a lot of pigs and have bought up into the us industry ....
Who’s behind the Chinese takeover of world’s biggest pork producer?

Smithfield Foods, the world’s largest pork producer, was acquired by a Chinese firm in 2013 for nearly $5 billion -- more than the company’s market value. The surprising purchase caused some lawmakers to wonder if there might be a hidden player. As part of the series Food for 9 Billion, Nathan Halverson of the Center for Investigative Reporting examines how the Chinese government is involved.

The More You Know ....

edit on 362021 by MetalThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 08:49 AM
link   

There is a pandemic that is effecting production of goods across the board.
Where have you been?

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

There is a pandemic that is effecting production of goods across the board.
Where have you been?

Was it six or ten months ago farmetss were plowing their crops under because the gub'ment said they couldn't sell them?

Honestly I'm surprised there's any food left.

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Maybe its all the pork barrel spending by Congress ? 😃

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

Aren't a dunch of Trump's tariffssanctions still in place, causing a whole bunch of problems with the Chinese export market?

Well are they or aren't they.

And what effect is causing the pork price "problem" ?

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Possible for a couple reasons:

1. China has bought into the US pork supply because their own pork industry has been decimated by a swine disease that there is no current cure for.

2. During the pandemic's shutdown, the food chain was disrupted by the restaurant and hospitality industry not needing to be supplied like it had been. There was too much of everything being produced. That's where you got the stories of cops being plowed under, milk being dumped, etc., plenty of stock producers dumped their herds down to much smaller sized to compensate, and it takes time to build that back up now that places are re-opening and the restaurant and hospitality supply chains are coming back into competition again.

Poultry would be expected to recover first, and then pork, and then beef would be the last just because of the respective growth rates of the animals involved.
edit on 6-3-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Maybe its all the pork barrel spending by Congress ? 😃

That's what I was going to say. All the pork stuffed into the Covid stimulus bill has affected supply and demand.

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I still have the "gut feeling" that the Monsters who have been subsidizing the Weaponization of Pork in our food chain seem to be having a cash-flow problem.

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

Maybe if you're into overpaying for crappier quality & like buying Smithfield. Pork is still dirt cheap here in MI, no price spikes that I've noticed.

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Don't eat pork. Most of pork is factory farmed. Pigs are very intelligent and emotionally capable.

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Indeed... and I agree as factory farming is completely horrible ...except it feeds many, cheaply.

But ... walk around the less exclusive areas of any urban enclave.

Who's being factory farmed there?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join