It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

58th day in the hospital with covid

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2021 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
There must be an underlying condition in this guy to have spent that long in the hospital. They say that the majority of people who have severe covid have a bacterial or fungal infection in the blood. It is possible that the guy did not know he had an infection.

Actually, the most serious underlying conditions is something that many people in America have - overweight, which comes with diabetes (or pre-diabetic) - basically, blood sugar issues/insulin resistance.

posted on Mar, 13 2021 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrRCflying
Well, when at least 2 people I know have died from it, how can I deny that it exists? It is not about free thought or opinion. Everyone has a right to an opinion, but when there are facts.

Facts? Facts are often just someone's opinion.

One fact is, the COVID tests are extremely inaccurate at best, prone to lots of false positives and negatives. Also there is evidence they aren't even really processing the tests just returning a positive (have you heard about the fruits sent in for testing that came back positive?).

So, a test result does not mean anything for certain, except that you supposedly had a test.

Symptoms of COVID are extremely similar to symptoms of bad colds/flu (yes, even the loss of sense of taste/smell), so, combined with the natural propensity of people to always 'feel' like their current bout of sickness is 'the worst they've ever had', it is easy to be convinced you or someone you know had it.

Is it real? Probably. Is it something to be afraid of? Only if you don't take responsibility for your own health. I would be terrified if I had to rely on 'doctors' in 'hospitals' every time I got sick.

posted on Mar, 13 2021 @ 09:34 AM
link   
There was just released a Danish documentary that has been filmed over the last year. They followed three people; an elderly gentleman, a elderly lady and a nurse. All contracted Covid.

The nurse got infected from being around the Covid patients so much. Had mild symptoms.
The elderly lady spent some time in coma but recovered... she was admitted during snow and woke up when the trees were about to bloom.

The elderly gentleman, and this I've read quite a few times now... he was a bad case. You could see he had some underlying issues. Looked like a smoker. Somewhat overweight.
He was given A LOT of O2, and reached a point where he was up and sitting and quietly joking about all the ladies taking care of him. Eg. seemed to get better...

Then he reverted, went into coma and died shortly after.

This brief "recovery" i've read about before... it's so weird, how the body just seems to lose an apparent won battle.

Hope none of you get's to experience this.
edit on 13/3/21 by flice because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2021 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22
Very glad to hear he is out of the coma and sitting and responding. That is amazing and wonderful. Praying he continues to improve. This stuff seems so random in how it affects people. I know 9 people who have had it. Most were like yours, mild to moderate flu symptoms. 2 didn't even know they had it until tested for work. One (elderly) ended up in hospital over a month.
I know 3 people that have had the vaccine. 1 has died, the other 2 are fine at the moment.
I'm taking precautions but have continued my usual routine pretty much since this started. Knock on wood we all get through this.

posted on Mar, 13 2021 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: flice
That is really sad about the old gentleman.
Im afraid that happens to a lot of us at death.. When my Dad passed (preCovid days) he was in hospital for months.. Definitely rallied at the end and we were thinking we would get to bring him home, but he was gone in 2 days. I forget what they call that but it is well known. (sadly)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join