It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poor Food Quality Making Michigan National Guard Members Sick

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Good questions. Sounds like someone in DC doesn't like the governor of Michigan me thinks.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Maybe the meals were made on the fly by local DC "contractor" caterers with axes to grind 🤫

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

I'm a block from the guard in Detroit. All these guys want is a decent job, take care of their families, serve their country.

These guys deserve 1,000% support. Would you go right now...like right. Now?

They would...

I don't know why you would have directed that last question to me, "Would you go right now...like right. Now?"

I'm not the one to be a judge of the loyalty and dedication to service of the Nation Guard units of any state in the union. But if you are asking my opinion on the subject, I'd say the following.

If I served in the National Guard in the State of Michigan, I would have gotten out after Whitmer showed her true colors during this pandemic crisis. Even if the governor wasn't Whitmer but the election went down like it did, I would have gotten out then before being sent to DC and protect the usurpers with no end in sight.

I don't have blind loyalty to anyone or anything but my own personal convictions. My trust is hard earned and harder kept.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Maybe so.
I'd really love to see the state by state makeup of the current D.C. Troops!

edit on Thu Mar 4 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: Damn autocorrect😈

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

When I heard about this on TV earlier, I heard there are only about 5K troops still in DC, and 1200 are from Michigan....how odd is that if true????
Did most other states call their troops home already?

Then, why did only Michigan NG troops get sick and/or bad food??????

And finally, it sounded like all the troops are set to go home on March 12th.

Sounds like Governor Gretchen Whitmer is still brown-nosing the Administration, hoping that Kamala will make her the Vice President.

Has Whitmer filed any complaint about how her National Guard troops are being treated? Or, does she hate them as much as the Biden Administration hates military members (and veterans)?

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 10:54 AM
link   
As a member of the National Guard (retired), the average member belongs for educational benefits and a few extra bucks monthly. Most are very average American in the service to their country.

During my time in the guard the regular army was in competition for every dime in our budget. I saw units organized and disbanded annually. The "regulars" began major reorganization of the guard in the 1980's where the guard had no combat units and only support roles.

The thing with rations for the guard in Washington, DC doesn't surprise me at all. What does get my attention is the length of time they are kept in bad conditions. Their commander should be fired for failure to care for their troops.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 10:56 AM
link   

After the second gov planned 'insurrection' today. stay tuned lol

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I just caught on the news today, they are keeping the Guard in DC for another 60 days because of this militia scare for today (March 4th). So I guess our boys from Michigan aren't coming home in two weeks then.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
No, as much as I would like to agree, she is saying the right things and doesn't plan to extend their tour of D.C.

"I made very clear at the time that my expectation was that our guardswomen and men would have appropriate, proper hotel accommodations and a per diem to ensure adequate meals," Whitmer said.

She said she shared her concerns with military officials when she was made aware of the alleged food situation in D.C. She also asked Michigan’s adjutant general, Maj. Gen. Paul Rogers to visit D.C. and check on troops.

www.fox2detroit.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Wow. A new Gretchen. Something woke her up...or released its grip on her.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Not a fan by any manes, but IIRC she has not come out as anti-police or anti-military.
And, State Senate condemns treatment of Michigan National Guard troops

As for the request, which has not been granted yet....

The Pentagon is reviewing a request to extend the Guard deployment 60 days beyond its current expiration date of March 12.

www.uppermichiganssource.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Woah, brother 'gander! Not you. Generally speaking to no-one reader.

My generalizations at times should ...not be...more...but less so.

Thnx

edit on 4-3-2021 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-3-2021 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 02:34 PM
link   

There is no reason for her to leave them there longer, especially with the way they are being treated.

She dang well better bring them home.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

That was what I thought on my first read through, but then after a re-read I thought you might be directing that my way. It's cool either way, but good to know you were addressing that question to the audience at large, it really only made sense that way after reading your reply.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 03:47 PM
link   
All Active duty military dining facilities aka chow halls are extremely strict on food products being safe. Not including strict sanitation of the facilities.

Why is the Guard being treated like second hand?

Sub-Contractors/contractors out in the “field” need to be held to the same level as the contractors on active duty bases.

Where where the OIC/NCOIC’s overlooking the preparations and final products?

No excuses!
edit on 4-3-2021 by 38181 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

I agree....and for those interested here is a tweet regarding the joint DHS-FBI memo for the alleged danger
twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2021 @ 01:20 PM
link   
why on earth are they still there?

doubting anyone in the Biden administration will support them. probly kick it back to the DC gummint who will do nothing.

and they want to make DC a state?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join