It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm evil

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 07:59 AM
link   
....or at least that's what some of my co workers tell me.

I've mentioned I'm the cook at a local bar and grill and I have a trick to get people to eat. I have a 6 burner grill, 4 deep fryers and a flat top gridle where I toast buns, saute' onions, mushrooms etc and a huge hooded fan that runs the length of the kitchen and believe me when I tell you that thing can move some air. Now, we serve bacon on a lot of things like bacon cheese burgers, BLTs and I'll put it on anything if you ask, so many mornings when I go in, I need to fry bacon for the day.

....I don't turn the exhaust fan on.

The whole place is full of the smell of frying bacon and I've had folks come in who said "I wasn't hungry till I smelled that " so they order food.
My co workers say I'm ruining their diet because they just can't resist when they smell it. Many times, when I saute' onions or grilling a burger, I turn it off, just for a minute, to let the smell get out in the bar, then I turn it back on.
It works.

Yep, I'm evil like that.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Pics!!!

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 08:07 AM
link   

When I had my restaurants I did the opposite, I'd sauté up a big skillet of olive oil and garlic, turn on the extractors and let that aroma waft across the parking lot. People would wander in and say, 'It smells so good out there, I'm hangry'.

edit on 3-3-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: dey terk er election

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Did you shout

Girare la frittata

At them? While tossing breadsticks?

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Good tip. I'll try that when tourist season rolls around.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

LOL, no, 'subido, animales, subido'.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
When I had my restaurants

What a sad set of words to lead in a reply with ...

My wife is master chef. She's got no one to work with here in Kaintuck. Seoul-crushing stuff ... when that is who you are.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 08:24 AM
link   

DAVE!!!!😠
You know how mouthwateringly watery you just made me!???

Mmmmm mmmm grrrrrrrrrr😠

S&F!!!😠😤

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 08:26 AM
link   

a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

LOL, no, 'subido, animales, subido'.

Google translate....

Extra meaty hogie🤔

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I wish I was there. I have a pretty small kitchen [ I'm a one man band, that's how small the kitchen is ] and a limited menu but I'd love to work somewhere where I could stretch my skills. I'm a damn good cook, not a Master Chef by any means, but I'd love to work with one.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 08:31 AM
link   

...it's all fun and games until DB wanders in for your 'All You Can Eat' buffet.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

If that ever happens, I'm throwing in the towel and going to the drinking side of the bar.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

My wife is master chef. She's got no one to work with here in Kaintuck. Seoul-crushing stuff ... when that is who you are.

Yancey’s gastropup? Rib lickers smoke shack? A little taste of texas? Am I even in the right city??? Hahaha

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 08:36 AM
link   
And today we watch Gordon Ramsay cry😁😊

Cut n paste😊

edit on 3-3-2021 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 08:43 AM
link   

13 years was enough. I made a great living and worked with/met a bunch of industry household names. It was fun but now I have weekends off.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
....or at least that's what some of my co workers tell me.

I've mentioned I'm the cook at a local bar and grill and I have a trick to get people to eat. I have a 6 burner grill, 4 deep fryers and a flat top gridle where I toast buns, saute' onions, mushrooms etc and a huge hooded fan that runs the length of the kitchen and believe me when I tell you that thing can move some air. Now, we serve bacon on a lot of things like bacon cheese burgers, BLTs and I'll put it on anything if you ask, so many mornings when I go in, I need to fry bacon for the day.

....I don't turn the exhaust fan on.

The whole place is full of the smell of frying bacon and I've had folks come in who said "I wasn't hungry till I smelled that " so they order food.
My co workers say I'm ruining their diet because they just can't resist when they smell it. Many times, when I saute' onions or grilling a burger, I turn it off, just for a minute, to let the smell get out in the bar, then I turn it back on.
It works.

Yep, I'm evil like that.

Just like they say that there are no atheists in a foxhole, there are no vegetarians when the bacon starts sizzling.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 08:54 AM
link   

The smell of Onions being cooked, that would be enough for me!

I used to love Caramelized buttery onion sandwiches when I was a kid, so good!

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Yancey’s gastropup? Rib lickers smoke shack? A little taste of texas? Am I even in the right city??? Hahaha

60mi south. I couldn't drag the wife into one of those. LMAO

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Alright! Back to google!!!

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Movie theatres used to pump exhaust from their popcorn machines into the theatre.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join