It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NRA Warns Members Joe Biden ‘Extreme Gun Control’ Measures Coming

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I wish I had your faith in the Supreme Court.

You do, Sockey McSockmouth.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: Snarl

The NRA is a corrupt lobbying organization and doesn't care about our rights, only advocating for firearms manufacturers. There is a very conservative Supreme Court which will assuredly strike this law down while it sits in an injunction if it passes.

I wouldnt put too much hope int SCOTUS. They are not immune from corruption. The real hope is the States. The Feds dont have the ability to enforce these measures; they would have to rely on local law enforcement and there's already a bill pending in the Texas legislature that would prohibit Texas Law Enforcement from acting on these measures.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: DAVID64

Many criminals get their guns through legal owners. Most of mexico cartel weapons are from America. There should be laws in place that help prevent that.

Laws that effectively punish US gun owners? Because of the Mexican Cartels? Since when are the Mexican Cartels our problem?

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
I wouldnt put too much hope int SCOTUS. They are not immune from corruption.

Right. I like when things get all Q.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
I'm beginning to see that Cancel Culture was carefully orchestrated by people running our governments.

The NRA is citing “DC sources” and warning that Congress could take up President Joe Biden’s gun control proposals as early as next week.

🚨BREAKING: Sources in DC report that Congress will be voting on Biden’s extreme gun control legislation as early as next week.
Possible that they will bypass committee process.
Stay tuned, NRA members.
— NRA (@NRA) March 1, 2021

Current controls available to Congress include Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee’s (D-TX) H.R. 125 and H.R. 127. Combined, the bills call for licensing of all gun owners, psychological evaluations for gun owners, mandatory liability insurance for gun owners, the registration of all firearms, the registration of all ammunition, and a seven-day waiting period on all semiautomatic firearms purchases, among other things.
I don't know how these bills are going to do when they're brought to a vote. Perhaps they'll use Dominion for that purpose. -chuckle

What I do know is that this is an infringement. The problem: No one has defined the penalties for infringement. I think the first penalty to be imposed should be stripping the offender's citizenship. I doubt anyone would ever be foolish enough to propose another gun law thereafter.

edit on 332021 by Snarl because: Link-a-Dink

So, these bills will pass or already have passed in the house of representatives. However , in the senate this legislation would require 60 votes.....it's 50/50 now, where will the 10 votes come from to pass any of this legislation ??

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Are we not somewhat responsible for mexican cartels? We buy their drugs and sell them weapons. Legalize drugs and limit civilians ability to buy endless weapons.

Should we do nothing about the problem? The war on drugs has been a complete failure.

Look up "trafficked" on national geographic, the guns episode. Cartels are saying a large majority of guns come directly from the u.s. And the people who get the guns initially are legal gun buyers.

Im not saying i know the awnser or that this bill by joe is good. I just think there should be a rational discussion. Seems like there is so much NRA or anti-gun propaganda that controls conversation.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

The NRA is a corrupt lobbying organization and doesn't care about our rights, only advocating for firearms manufacturers. There is a very conservative Supreme Court which will assuredly strike this law down while it sits in an injunction if it passes.

This is just a marketing strategy to sell guns to people who already own more guns than they have cousins.
edit on 3-3-2021 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Of course it is, anyone who bothers to think this through should have figured out that this thing never gets past the Senate.

edit on 3-3-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: dey terk er election

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Drucifer

Listen obviously you’re ignorant . The government left and right are the same thing being controlled by the same hidden hand . They want your guns and they’ll get them . Then they can start their one world fascist global government . Keep thinking no ones messing with your rights and life and it’ll be gone before you realize what you gave away

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Its not really possible for US Americans to have a "rational" discussion about anything because the population is hopelessly divided against itself on everything. No one agrees with the "other" view of what's true anymore, there's no shared belief system and there's no ability to compromise because each side sees the other as evil; to compromise with evil is to be complicit with that evil.

So each side sees as the only solution to a problem is a taking from their opposite. In this case the Fascist Democrats see the solution as to severely limit the right to bear arms and to outlaw as many types of firearms as possible. The Red State answer to their problems is to cling to their gun rights so, if necessary, they can take the lives of those who hate them.

In a climate like that the only "interest" served by any "rational' person is to preserve what they have and the devil take the hindmost and in that type environment no one cares about the Mexican Cartels......they only care about hanging on to what they have.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracytheoristIAM

This will be held back until mid term elections, then depending of the outcome we will have to worry then.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

So you never paid attention to the incoming gun control bills got it.

Apparently mobilizing your base is bad if you believe in the 2nd now.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
So you never paid attention to the incoming gun control bills got it.

You forgot how Congress works or do you just want to get riled up?

Apparently mobilizing your base is bad if you believe in the 2nd now.

Yeah, you just want to get riled up.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yea I do know how congress work apparently you forgot, when the people dont pay attention they snip away at our rights,its been that way since probably right after Washington left office.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Yea I do know how congress work apparently you forgot, when the people dont pay attention they snip away at our rights,its been that way since probably right after Washington left office.

You do? Okay, then explain how this bill gets passed a 50/50 Senate.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Unless there is a new law, a precedence has been set. In 1954 the Supreme court struck down a law on stripping a person of citizenship. Citing it would be a cruel and unjust punishment.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: DAVID64

Many criminals get their guns through legal owners. Most of Mexico cartel weapons are from America. There should be laws in place that help prevent that.

Many are stolen from owners or bought by gang members with no criminal records.
The full auto AK47s and RPGs are not from the US and come from china in shipping containers along with grenades and fentanyl shipped from china.

Cartel drug dealers will trade drugs for guns any day and have no problems getting guns into mexico by the same routes they get drugs into the US.

It's only going to get worse with Biden open borders program.

Getting guns into Mexico is as easy as handing them through the slats in the border wall. Hell some kids can slip through the slats.
The border patrol has enough work stopping people and drugs from getting into the US to worry about someone handing guns through the wall.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Unless there is a new law, a precedence has been set. In 1954 the Supreme court struck down a law on stripping a person of citizenship. Citing it would be a cruel and unjust punishment.

That was before I was born. Let's use the Alinsky Tactics on the opposition for a change ... and cancel out what doesn't work for us.

What's cruel or unjust about taking an asshole's citizenship away from them? We ought to make this a norm ... where felons and the corrupt are concerned. Maybe, we could find some compromise in allowing these butt-heads a path to earning their citizenship back. That might be a stretch, but smarter people than me could surely figure out the right thing.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Biden himself was very active on the Obama gun running operation Fast and Furious which got people killed including a Border patrol agent. Biden never owned up to that evil business they did, neither did Obama or Eric Holder.

These kinds of epic level Scum of the Earth will do anything, even committing negligent criminal homicide to take gun rights away from law abiding citizens, so they can remove retribution from their equation of their agenda.

Then they can really pour on the coals of tyranny and do the the truly ugly stuff against law abiding citizens when no one can stop them or retaliate with deadly force.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 08:38 PM
link   

It really matters not what laws are made, if a significant number of citizens decide not to comply.

That is called nullification.... to some degree.

Why would anyone comply with laws they deem unconstitutional?

I wouldn't, and won't ... and honestly, I never even planned on complying with such so-called 'laws' ... just saying.

Some of the more timid and vulnerable people may comply; but, the citizens supporting the original US Constitution: not so much, IMHO.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join