It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Francis warns mankind faces a second 'great flood' caused by global warming

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 06:14 AM
link   
This wouldn't have anything to do with their latest (rather sizable) taxpayer handout would it?

The U.S. Roman Catholic Church successfully lobbied government officials to make an exception from federal rules to include the church in the Paycheck Protection Program, despite not meeting specific requirements. Because of this exemption, at least $1.4 billion in taxpayer-backed coronavirus aid has been awarded to the church. 

link

Also looks like Popey has just partnered up with the Rothchilds and Rockefellers (link).
edit on 3-3-2021 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: burdman30ott6

So God says no more flood, but the pope says flood?

I'm confused.

Don't worry, now that the pope has spoken, God is sure to change his ways. All bibles will be recalled and new versions issued. That's how the new world order works.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
A PINO .
Pope In Name Only.

If he was a black man, we could say he is Pino Noir

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

I think you would really enjoy reading The Story of Adam and Eve/ the Cataclysm by Chan Thomas. It's our of print, but available as a free PDF. It fits very well with your line of thought and adds another dimension to consider.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Looks like they got gods balls in a vice. The popes their bitch now. a reply to: burdman30ott6

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 07:04 AM
link   
A church is a gathering of two or more believers for the purpose of glorifying God.
That cretin leads no thing. A non sense. He is an abomination, a cruel deceiver of innocents.
A church is not a place. It is a worship and a glorification to the ancient of days.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Wouldn't this also fall under that bit about telling people what they want to hear because they will no longer endure sound doctrine?

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

A PINO .
Pope In Name Only.

Like my pun/acronym/humor/fact , huh ?
Especially when it has a double meaning.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I stop believing on the Pope when I grew up and realized that how a man living in splendor living like a modern king, while the many countries around the world, that were very Christian citizens rather goes hungry that denying the church their dues.

Is just something I could never figured out, I guess religion feed the soul, but those manipulating the flocks feeds their pockets.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Do not call anyone on earth your father; (A)for One is your Father, He who is in heaven. 10 And do not be called teachers; for One is your Teacher, the Christ.

I've never considered the Catholic Church to be anything other than an abomination of the faith. The above message from Christ contextually rampant in the Catholic Church. They are precisely the Pharisees of the new covenant.

In the context of how they use the term "father" is precisely what we are not to do. It sounds silly, but it has a much greater implication.

If they so strongly institute something directly, blatantly and knowingly opposed to Christ's lessons, then I cannot trust anything from their institution.

It is no surprise that the "Holy Father" would effectively call God a liar.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 10:18 AM
link   
The sad thing, there's a clear argument in the Bible for climate change, he missed that obvious one and went with an impossible one.

Revelation is filled with animal die offs, famine, heat from the sun scorching people, those all match the climate change narrative fine and align with biblical text... the infallible pope needs to work on his biblical literacy

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
And, FWIW...I am by no means a bible scholar...but didn't God promise never to flood the world again?
Only if you believe the bible. The pope apparently is not convinced the first flood ever happened, he said it may be a myth.

I was baptized Catholic too, though, after my parents told me about Santa, then I found out Santa wasn't real, then they told me about the Easter Bunny, and I found out the Easter Bunny wasn't real, did they really expect me to believe in any more invisible friends? I kept waiting for them to tell me the other invisible friends they talked about weren't real...now here from the pope's mouth he's saying the Noah flood may just be a myth:

second 'great flood' caused by global warming

The flood itself may have been a myth, Francis says, but it is used as an example to show how God uses wrath to punish injustice and right wrongs in the world.
The scientific view is that there couldn't have been any global flood like in the story of Noah which may not even be an original story based on the similarities to the flood myth in the Epic of Gilgamesh, because there isn't enough water, not to mention the impossibility of the two of every animal etc in the Ark part of the story. However there could have been large regional floods like when a large natural dam made of earth or ice broke, so flood myths could have some basis in history, though the real floods would not be global.

Some scientists would say that undoubtedly the pope is right about Noah's flood being a myth. I suppose from a certain point of view, rising sea levels could be considered a "flood" of sort though I personally wouldn't call it that. However, Florida is so flat and low that a rise in sea levels can put a lot of it underwater so I suppose calling that a flood would not be completely wrong. This is how much of Florida will get flooded if sea levels rise 20 feet or 6 meters:

Sea Level Rise

I suppose one could call those underwater areas "flooded", right? And this could happen. It's not Noah's flood, but it's sort of a flood I suppose, and a lot more realistic possibility than Noah's flood myth.

Anyway, even if someone wanted to believe god's promise to not create a second global flood, that's not a promise He won't put large parts of Florida underwater, along with other low-lying areas around the globe, right?

edit on 202133 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

A PINO .
Pope In Name Only.

Like my pun/acronym/humor/fact , huh ?
Especially when it has a double meaning.

Yes, it was great! I'm actually surprised no one else came back with the wine analogy.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

How much does it really cost to get a few hundred good bulldozers and copy the Dutch, build dikes not the crap levy's that fail but strong proper sea dikes with tide breaking concrete defences on there sea facing side, it costs a lot less than the loss of revenue from these areas WILL cost if they don't get started, problem is governments are slow to act, think only of there own term and ignore the benefits to community's that this kind of defensive action can bring as well as the job's such public works will create.

The problem is government is short sighted.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Isn’t the rainbow a promise from God there will never be another global flood?

I don’t believe in all that bible claptrap, but ostensibly the Pope does so really he should know this.

Of course i am informed that this is not the first time this Pope has been at odds with what is written in the bible.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 12:10 PM
link   
i wonder if Pope Francis is getting the idea of a 2nd Global 'Flood' ... from the Revelation 12 chapter containing the 'Wonder in the Heavens Sign' (which actually occurred a few years ago, for the 1st time in Astronomical Records...

the Sign:

And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:

the Popes 'Flood' :

And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child.

And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.

And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood.

And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth

?? the popes global warming/rising sea level' is just extra commentary, to make the 'Flood' seem environmental instead of a super-natural metaphor

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
a reply to: Arbitrageur

How much does it really cost to get a few hundred good bulldozers and copy the Dutch
The Dutch have some impressive engineering, but they are not immune to large rises in sea levels. Their own Delta Programme estimates 60% of their country could be flooded. They have a subsidence problem of 5mm a year, that's even worse than the sea level rise of 3mm a year! Some parts of Florida anso have a greater problem with subsidence than sea level rise, it's a huge issue and they need to just ban development in areas prone to subsidence. The more development, the more weight of buildings pressing down on mushy land almost at or below sea level, the faster it sinks.

As sea levels rise, how long until the Netherlands is under water?

Today, almost half of the Netherlands’ 17 million inhabitants live along its 350km coast or in regions which are below sea level. But the country we know today has been artificially held together for centuries by dikes, pumps and polders, and sea levels – now rising at an average of about 3mm a year – risk overwhelming our water defences. If this happens, the government’s Delta Programme estimate that 60% of the country could be flooded.

Subsidence, thought to be as much as 5mm per year in some areas, is happening even faster than sea-level rise in the Netherlands, pushing the country even further below sea level. A temperature rise of 2 degrees and record-breaking summers, has lowered groundwater levels and drained the peat.

When will the Netherlands disappear?

The low-lying country has centuries of experience managing water. Now climate change is threatening to flood it completely....

There is a point at which it doesn’t make financial sense to save the land.

“Technically, a lot is possible. We can raise coastal defenses or dikes. But at a certain point you must ask yourself if this a viable solution,” said van den Broeke. “Plan B is retreat. Give part of the land back to the sea.”

It doesn't help that vast swathes of the country are already sinking. It's a phenomenon common to the world's deltas: Human habitation stops the sedimentation processes that originally raised the land; extraction of ground water lowers it further; and the land compresses under its own weight. The jewel of Dutch wealth and industry, the megalopolis of the Randstad that includes Amsterdam, Rotterdam, The Hague and Utrecht, is located in the country's vulnerable, low-lying west.

“Some of the deepest areas in the Netherlands are 10 meters below sea level already,” said Kleinhans. “If you breached the coast now, the sea would roughly get to Utrecht, in the central Netherlands. It is really a scary situation, and there is really a false sense of security.”
They could end up with worse problems than Florida, if sea levels rise enough and if subsidence continues.

edit on 202133 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Hey Pope stfu your era is long gone, you enslaved pretty much all of our ancestors and forced them to submit, GFYS nobody cares about your fading authority you filthy child molesting subhumans.

Srsly end yourself.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 12:23 PM
link   
biblehub.com...

edit on 3-3-2021 by Sheshbazzar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

The church lost its power because they protected sexual predators. For decades. And in several cases allowed known molesters to find a fresh new crop to molest.

Liberalism has nothing to do with it. Sure--they may have been chipping away at edges but the scandal in the church blew the barn doors off. The fact that many conservatives look past this because of fear from their own flock is very telling

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join