It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas governor repeals mask requirement and OKs businesses to operate at 100 percent capacity

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Currently Texas is #2 in total number of cases and deaths. Personally I would of opened up full but kept the mask requirement. /shrug. We will see what happens.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

Currently Texas is #2 in total number of cases and deaths. Personally I would of opened up full but kept the mask requirement. /shrug. We will see what happens.

I wonder if it really has to do with the flu.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

Per 100,000 people Texas is 6th the last 7 days it's 277 people, the trend is definitely going down. It may be early but as has been mentioned municipalities can do as they choose. Honestly, how it should be most of the times

California is locked up tight and they are #1 in deaths per 100,000
per the NYT

www.nytimes.com...
edit on 2-3-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Just another controlled opposition governor/state. The states that are now saying F# the masks will be used as an example of rona cases going up and lockdowns will happen again. Notice how they're heavily pushing the idea that now is a great time for a mass vaccination effort as well. Masters at 1000D Chess.
edit on 2-3-2021 by DarkestConspiracyMoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DarkestConspiracyMoon

Corona virus was a political tool, maybe now people will wake up and start realizing the truth about the government, big pharma and foreign entities are playing with world populations.

Corona was over a few months ago with some cases here and there, with no injection.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 10:08 PM
link   

edit on 2/3/21 by Astyanax because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

No income taxes, rt?

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Reading some of the comments .. It seems the conditioning went as planned.

Freedom is slavery.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 07:21 AM
link   

A sure sign that Parsons in Missouri will look to attempt to follow suit is how much our Mayor here in KC whined about it. He did. A lot.

Don't overlook that Mississippi also followed suit yesterday, and Florida has been pretty free now in forever.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

No income taxes, rt?

They haven't had income taxes since forever... that would just be a huge bonus...

No, I like that he seems to actually understand and love the founding principles of our coutry - liberty and freedom for all.

You know, just like Trump.
edit on 3-3-2021 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I was very happy when I heard this, but within minutes, I received an email from our HR department at work that we will still be required to wear the masks anyway. You know, I think it's time to lose a job.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
But the point is: if the mask is part of the required dress code to enter an establishment, its no different than being required to wear a tie.

Ties and dresses don't make you look like a dipsh!t idiot though...
I'm actually more concerned about the negative health impacts on the wearer - lowered oxygen intake + increased CO2 is quite simply not healthy.

I do my best to enter places without one, and when they offer one, just say 'no thanks, I'm sane'.

If they force the issue, I'll put it on, pulled under my nose, then take it off after I get past the mask natzi at the door.

If I get harassed once inside, I'll put it back on, pulled down so my nose and mouth are unobstructed.

If I get harassed for that, I'll pull it up leaving my nose free to breath unobstructed. I'm a nose breather anyway, so I can live with that for short periods of time.

I've had one time when someone tried to force me to pull it up over my nose. I simply refused, and walked away. They didn't force it.

They also try to make my kids put them on (6, and twins are 3), but I flat refuse. My kids see people with masks and say 'look at the stupid people'...

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 09:18 AM
link   

This is great news! all states should do this because there is no point. I live in a state where it's optional, and I don't wear a mask at all.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Good, Texas get it.

I wish the rest of the world would follow their example
edit on 3-3-2021 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

A lot of countries found a way to cash out on corona virus, also more power to exercise on the populations like injection cards to do common things, is despicable, but as more states open up in the US to full working state is going to influence the liberal states, because also is mid term elections coming, the more the nation is back to normal the rest of the world will no stay behind.

It will be law sues all over, specially with the demanding of china virus injection cards, in America thankfully we has never had a Nazi rule, "papers please".

Specially with an untested injection. Second amendment please,

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I love Texas I really do. But Florida took the lead way back 😁

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I've had a severe food allergy all of my life. It's my job to look out for myself, not anybody else's. Some people seem to think that because they have a health problem it is everybody's duty to comply with their needs. With that being said, I do hate how drive through restaurants now insist on adding stuff to your coffee instead of handing you packets of them. I don't order coffee from there any more.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: wdkirk
And just like that the Covid political conspiracy against Donald Trump, using Covid as one front to help unseat him, begins to lighten and things start to open up so we will all forget about the Covid crap the Democrats have been pushing for the last 2 years.

...and it’s all because Joe is such a loved President and has been working tirelessly to rid us of Covid.

No, it's because apparently Texans believe strongly in fighting to their last breath for the right to stop breathing.

Please ... step away from the kool aid !

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

A lot of countries found a way to cash out on corona virus, also more power to exercise on the populations like injection cards to do common things, is despicable, but as more states open up in the US to full working state is going to influence the liberal states, because also is mid term elections coming, the more the nation is back to normal the rest of the world will no stay behind.

It will be law sues all over, specially with the demanding of china virus injection cards, in America thankfully we has never had a Nazi rule, "papers please".

Specially with an untested injection. Second amendment please,
Don’t worry tptb are working on it... but resistance is necessary or the tyranny gets bigger.
edit on 3-3-2021 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I do my best to enter places without one, and when they offer one, just say 'no thanks, I'm sane'.

Our newly elected gov just lifted the mask mandate for our state a few weeks ago, but it is apparently still up to individual counties whether they enforce mask wearing or not. So here we are in our county still with mask Nazis at the checkout in town and country ( although Murdoch’s didn’t say anything to us about not wearing a mask).

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join