It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas governor repeals mask requirement and OKs businesses to operate at 100 percent capacity

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

I'd go for that - how about a DeSantis/Owens ticket... or better, a Owens/DeSantis ticket? I'd just really like to see Candace run for President, not VP... the first real black woman President.

I like Owens and I hope she one day runs for a House seat as a start...Man it would be fun to watch her up against AOC but that would be like a 7th grader play ball with a NBA player.

I typically see a Governor as the springboard for President as they are already a President of their State. A Senator is just a bureaucrat at best, but a successful Governor shows the right stuff, and DeSantis is extremely impressive.

I love how he just unloads on the press that bring stupid question.

edit on 4-3-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme
a reply to: neutronflux

Right, so, as long as you’re ok, it’s Screw every one else huh?

Do you eat while other people in the world starve?

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Bill Gates could feed all of those starving people for a fraction of the cost of developing a vaccine and he could have started years ago. I wonder what's stopping him?

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

Virus mutation isn’t a hypothetical

The fact that some viruses can mutate is not a hypothetical. That is a fact.

The assumption that the Chinese virus will mutate into something much more deadly is a hypothetical.

Covid isn’t make believe. The deaths are not either.

You can stop with the false narrative. I never said the Chinese virus was "make believe." What I said was that it is entirely possible that more people will die from lower oxygen levels and the lack of ability to remove virus particles from their bodies due to extensive prolonged use of face masks than from the Chinese virus alone. That's a hypothetical as well, but certainly no more hypothetical than your assertion that the Chinese virus will mutate into a deadlier strain.

As for the deaths... neither you, me, nor anyone else can tell how many deaths attributed to the Chinese virus were caused by the Chinese virus. We have skewed those numbers so badly we'll never know what our baseline was. Certainly some of them were directly attributable, but many were not. Ever notice that the yearly flu hasn't been around this year? Of course, it has... but every death from the flu is called a death from the Chinese virus, along with deaths from car wrecks, cancer, heart disease... we only have one health issue now, if these numbers are to be believed. Apparently the Chinese virus cures heart disease, cancer, and the annual flu.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

Texas Governor Greg Abbott has lifted many of the Covid-19 restrictions in his state, permitting businesses to operate at 100-percent capacity and repealing the requirement for people to wear face coverings.

Source

Thank God, finally someone is ending the mask and closure nonsense. I expect a deluge of MSM propaganda about how people in Texas are suddenly dying at terrifying rates, though. Once that gets worn out, maybe other states will start to follow Texas' lead.

Well, this site is done. Nice knowing y'all. Cancelling after this.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck
What false narrative? You’re downplaying the severity of Covid because you feel your freedoms are being taken away by people asking others to wear a mask. It’s common sense. It’s a pandemic. It isn’t made up.

Fascinating that Instead of saying Covid, you deliberately misname it as the Chinese virus. Same as what Trump did, to stir up anti Chinese sentiments. While there is a significant chance it may have originated there, there is no conclusive proof.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Funny how everything is hyperventilating over the states lifting lockdowns and mandates and ignoring the states with highest death per capita despite mask mandates school closures and lockdowns.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 06:25 AM
link   

What false narrative?

You claimed I had said the Chinese virus was "make believe." I never said any such thing; that was a false assumption with less basis in fact than your first assumption. I simply pointed out your use of a hypothetical situation (a situation that has not yet occurred and may not yet occur) to try and create panic among others.

Fascinating that Instead of saying Covid, you deliberately misname it as the Chinese virus. Same as what Trump did, to stir up anti Chinese sentiments. While there is a significant chance it may have originated there, there is no conclusive proof.

Even more fascinating is the fact that you completely dismiss the history of the virus. The first major outbreak was in Wuhan, China.

So much for "following science." If you can't even accept the location of the first outbreak, why would any sane person listen to you? Your narrative is so obviously biased by your progressive agenda a blind man could see it.

As for my use of the name "Chinese virus," I use that because of Joe Biden, not Donald Trump. I tend to use words more when some fool thinks they have the ability to tell me what to say. As far as I am concerned, it will be the "Chinese virus" from now on. Don't like it? Tough cookies.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Based on what figures I have been able to verify from various government agencies, I am of the belief that the face masks themselves are the cause of the high fatality rate in many cases. The face masks are not 100% effective at preventing spread, of course, but they are 100% effective at lowering blood oxygen and keeping the virus contained in one already infected. This is a respiratory virus; the problem with it is that it inhibits oxygen intake. So do masks. If anything, it is looking like continual wearing of a face mask is the surest way to ensure that if one does catch the virus, one will have a severe case.

No, I can't prove that. If I could, I would be publishing a study. I am certain enough to warn of the danger, though.

There are two serious issues with the Chinese virus: during replication, it produces a protein that can replace the iron in hemoglobin if it enters the bloodstream in sufficient quantities, causing the victim to experience sudden, severe anemia that damages various organs, and once the body's innate immunity kicks in fully, it can create a cytokine storm in the lungs which leads to pneumonia. Both of these serious effects disrupt the flow of oxygen to the body. Even a severe case without them causes a drop in oxygen levels; that's what a respiratory virus does. Our response? Make sure everybody starts out with lowered oxygen levels.

Early use of a ventilator on standard settings, I believe, caused the virus to be forced into the bloodstream leading to the acute anemia and causing death. The CDC reported that 85% of patients intubated died. Now they report that 85% of patients with severe cases report wearing a face mask faithfully.

Someone's rooting for the virus.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
You claimed I had said the Chinese virus was "make believe."

Reading comprehension not your thing, huh? I never claimed you said Covid was make believe.

What i said was, virus mutation was not a hypothetical. I then made the statement that Covid was not make believe. I never claimed you said it was.

I never said any such thing; that was a false assumption

Pot, kettle...

I simply pointed out your use of a hypothetical situation (a situation that has not yet occurred and may not yet occur) to try and create panic among others.

Virus mutation has occurred with Covid; different strains exist, some which have a much higher transmission rate than the original. It isn’t a hypothetical situation. It has happened. It *could* mutate into a strain with a much higher mortality rate. Maybe...? But all the while the virus is allowed to spread by those who yell, “Muh Freedomz”, that chance increases.

Even more fascinating is the fact that you completely dismiss the history of the virus. The first major outbreak was in Wuhan, China.

No I haven’t. The first publicly acknowledged outbreak was in Wuhan, yes. But there were reports of people suffering from what they believe to be Covid in the UK back in October 2019. Maybe it is the ENglish Virus? Or, if you conspiracy nuts out there believe it was some Illuminaughty or NWO plan to depopulate the planet, it’s the Yankee Virus.

My pointy was, you were using inflammatory language to create animosity towards China. Similar to what Trump did, and quite childish. The people of China didn’t create this to attack you. At best you might be able to level your anti-Chinese rhetoric to some Chinese govt lab.

But to label it the ‘Chinese’ virus, especially from a moderator...? Poor show, dude.

As far as I am concerned, it will be the "Chinese virus" from now on. Don't like it? Tough cookies.

Fair enough. Can’t argue with that.

edit on 5-3-2021 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 07:01 AM
link   
We have a saying in our house.... you can’t fix stupid. Survival of the fittest is the order of the day. With refugees and illegal non tax paying migrants coming through with all their nasty germs and unvaccinated diseases, wearing a mask might save your life. I had Covid 19 on Jan 3, got it from sitting four feet across the table from long time friends at a New Years Eve wedding. They didn’t know they were carriers. They came down with it one day after the wedding, we got it on the two days after. It was a three week long ordeal, I wouldn’t wish on anyone. We eat very very healthy and take supplements. It has really taken eight weeks to feel good again. So, I don’t feel I would stop wiping off restaurant tables, gas pumps, atms, and shopping carts with alcoholic wipes, or stop wearing masks, or stop using hand sanitizer for a few years. The variants have not peaked, and who knows what nightmares they will bring? You are responsible for your health and safety. It’s all on you. Texas will be the experimental Petri dish of America this year.
edit on 5-3-2021 by frugal because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 07:14 AM
link   
If you are coughing or sneezing. Stay at home with your mask off. Do not go out in public. Wear masks at grocery stores and in indoor public places. I caught the virus sitting down at a wedding with unknowing, infected buy one day people. It was the one time in a year I didn’t have the mask on, and thought the other people were healthy. This virus is super contagious and very potions. Best of luck to you.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux
a reply to: Sookiechacha
I was with the kid on the playground at a park. We were wearing masks out of “respect” for others.

Validating someone else's delusions is not a valid way to show them respect.

Said another way, engaging in stupidity is not a valid way to show respect for others.

We were running and playing tag. It became obvious that physical activity was dislodging the seals of our masks. So the masks were not effective. And we became quite abnormally winded.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: frugal
If you are coughing or sneezing. Stay at home with your mask off. Do not go out in public. Wear masks at grocery stores and in indoor public places. I caught the virus sitting down at a wedding with unknowing, infected buy one day people. It was the one time in a year I didn’t have the mask on, and thought the other people were healthy. This virus is super contagious and very potions. Best of luck to you.

Interesting how you appear to think you know exactly when and where and why you 'caught a virus'.

How exactly does that work? Did you feel it as it entered your airways?

Also, you appear to suggest that you caught it because you weren't wearing a mask?

You should know - because it has been drilled into use from day one - that masks aren't to protect the wearer, and not even that paradigm of immorality Dr. Fauci claims that wearing one will protect the wearer. The whole selling point of wearing masks is to protect others, but even that doesn't really work as claimed (maybe reduces potential spread by a few percent, but no more).

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Reading comprehension not your thing, huh?

Seems to me it's not your forte either:

I then made the statement that Covid was not make believe. I never claimed you said it was.
You said that directly under the heading "A reply to TheRedneck:" That's called "insinuation." I'm not going to play the semantics game with you; that is the last refuge of a loser.

Virus mutation has occurred with Covid; different strains exist, some which have a much higher transmission rate than the original. It isn’t a hypothetical situation. It has happened. It *could* mutate into a strain with a much higher mortality rate. Maybe...? But all the while the virus is allowed to spread by those who yell, “Muh Freedomz”, that chance increases.

Thus far, the mutations which we believe have occurred (there is still little hard evidence, but it appears that may indeed be accurate) have increased transmissability (which means the face masks are even more useless) and have decreased severity (which means the face masks are even less needed). This is all within what many researchers expected.

Your hypothetical was that it would mutate into a deadlier strain, something that, while possible of course with any virus (which includes the common cold), we have not seen nor have we any reason to expect.

You also seem to believe that preventing the spread will prevent people from catching this virus. No. That is blatantly untrue. All the face masks are doing, all they can do if one pays any heed to science at all, is slow the spread of the virus. It does not magically disappear into the aether with time; it simply waits until a suitable host is found. For a novel virus, this is preferable as there are no treatments yet, but we now have treatments and even a vaccine if the official reports are to be believed. There is no reason to slow the spread any more (except to instill fear in the public).

The first publicly acknowledged outbreak was in Wuhan, yes. But there were reports of people suffering from what they believe to be Covid in the UK back in October 2019.

Thus the name. Thank you for agreeing it is indeed that "Chinese virus." Just like the Spanish Flu was not actually from Spain; that was simply where the first recorded major outbreak occurred.

Oh, and because someone believes they might have had the virus sooner, it does not follow that they did. The reports from Wuhan were official; deaths were recorded and the area was placed under lockdown. Did that happen in England in November of 2019?

Or, if you conspiracy nuts out there believe it was some Illuminaughty or NWO plan to depopulate the planet, it’s the Yankee Virus.

There you go again, putting words in my mouth. Of course, you'll deny this post a page or so from now.

But then you go and say this:

My pointy was, you were using inflammatory language to create animosity towards China.

You, sir, have been using inflammatory language from the very first post. That's all you have done. You complain that there is going to be this as-yet-unexpected mutation that turns the thing into Ebola or something. You claim that someone not stifling their ability to assimilate oxygen is contributing to this fantasy mutation-to-be. You claim that people, specifically me based on the reply-to annotation, are denying that such a virus even exists. You just claimed that I have said this was some NWO or Illuminati plot using an engineered virus to destroy America. And now you claim that what I call it, based on the exact same criteria that has been in use for centuries, is somehow degrading to Chinese people!

Please stop projecting your actions onto me.

And please stop with the wild rhetoric like this:

The people of China didn’t create this to attack you. At best you might be able to level your anti-Chinese rhetoric to some Chinese govt lab.

I have never said China developed/released a virus to attack me, or to attack the USA. Thus far there is no real evidence of such. It is a damn virus, like countless untold viruses before and countless untold viruses yet to come, which was first recognized in Wuhan, China. It could have been first recognized in Birmingham, Alabama for all I know and I would have no problem calling it the "Alabama virus." (Actually, I would probably be afraid of it as well had that happened; we tend to make things better and more efficient in Alabama.) Would you then think that I was bad-mouthing myself?

Just stop with the assumptions and try to actually read what is written. You're from the UK, correct? Do they still speak English over there? Based on your responses, I don't think they do.

Fair enough. Can’t argue with that.

That is wise.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 09:26 AM
link   
So, it seems that this will be an experiment in how to open up a state.

If things are fine with no masks and 100% open businesses then the covid numbers in Texas will reflect that in the coming months.

If this is not the right time to open everything then the covid numbers in Texas will reflect that as well.

Personally, I still trust science, not politicians of either party

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 10:49 AM
link   
dfens Leaving Gate 5

dfens Leaving Gate 5

There I announced it for you to make it all better.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: mikell

Who is "dfens"? /s
edit on 5-3-2021 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Right, so, as long as you’re ok, it’s Screw every one else huh?

Why was there continued death under heavy lock down like in the UK? Telling people that masks work or you can eat inside is simply giving people a false sense of security.

If you are serious about not getting it, isolate and continue to do car side pickup. I dont expect healthy people to stop living their life b/c I am high risk.

Mask technology is coming along as well, you can find really good ones now that will kill the virus.
www.jpost.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 11:50 AM
link   

a reply to: TheRedneck
What false narrative? You’re downplaying the severity of Covid because you feel your freedoms are being taken away by people asking others to wear a mask. It’s common sense. It’s a pandemic. It isn’t made up.

Oh yes there is proof. China's own actions are the proof it originated there. They instituted lockdowns and masks before anyone else because people were dying over there before anywhere else.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join