It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Star Spangled Banner at CPAC......SLAUGHTERED

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Of course most of us can remember the good old days when comedians were sometimes asked to salute our nation with their renditions of the National Anthem. Most famous was Rosanne Barr in 1990 whose un-respectful version made national headlines.

But Barr was a comedian and not a singer and probably wondered why in the world anyone would ask her to sing the anthem in the first place. So, being Rosanne Barr, she did her best to entertain.

However this young woman, Sailor Sobal, seemed deadly serious as she sang out her heart.

For any who want to spend more time than they already have in listening to butchered anthems, here is a link to a number of other celebrities who have failed in this presentation over the years.

www.thewrap.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Reaching for a note only makes sense if you know you can reach it , same goes for holding a note.

Brave attempt but it's 4 out of 10 from me.

Who she ?

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I feel sorry for her. She sounds like she is tone deaf, yet she has been prodded and led on to believe she is an excellent singer.

Have seen a lot of that since every one gets a trophy.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 12:08 PM
link   

She's merely being "key inclusive". She's clearly demonstrating that her singing incorporates multiple keys! And, she's very sharp and flat tolerant.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Her name is Sailor Sobal. I found a quick bit on her that says she is a conservative from Orlando and is available for weddings and christenings and the like.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I think you have it. Her voice wasn't bad but she needed a huge bucket to carry that tune. It's tough even for pros as that link demonstrates. I have to wonder at the vetting for her being asked to sing it. In a way it fits right into who commissioned that goofy looking statue that showed up there as well.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha
I knew she was in trouble when she changed keys in the first three notes. Oh oh say.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 12:13 PM
link   

This is what happens when you cheap out on the finale , got to credit her with giving it a go though.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 12:24 PM
link   

As the melody to the anthem is an English beer drinking song, i have to say she does sound as if she is pissed.

Brave effort though.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

What a harsh way to find out just how bad you are when you hit the national spotlight like that. She must be crushed. Either that or she has found a way to blame liberals.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 01:06 PM
link   
It's not that bad, but certainly not good. I hate how people hold a note just to showcase their vocal talent. Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

She has a powerful voice but the tone was way off.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Some people’s idea of good singing is louder, longer, and more wavey the note. Can we have a mark put on these people as a warning.

top topics

join