It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is Lieutenant Governor Kathy Hochul, first in line to succeed Gov. Cuomo?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 05:16 AM
link   
First of all I am almost a life long Republican who lived in generational controlled Democratic Western New York State almost for my entire life. Actually its "the other" New York State as in "Western" as we have nothing to do with Downstate values or New York City. That's where Donald Trump grew up and lived.

Again, nothing in common as its 372 miles away at a 6 1/2 hour drive.

I personally have met Kathy Hochul several decades ago when she was just starting out. I was impressed as she was grounded yet knew and understood the surroundings of our culture and the political power grid within Western New York to Washington, D. C. She is not similar to the current governor in the State of Michigan.

New York State will be in good hands if the above takes place as it needs "Western" values to right the ship. So does the country. Many others have also come onto the national political platform from that part of the country. Some good some not so good in my opinion. Assuming the Cuomo train derails, I wish her well.

For the record I did not vote in the 2020 election for anyone as I couldn't tell fact from fiction.

Who is Lt. Gov. Kathy Hochul, first in line to succeed Gov. Cuomo?
edit on 2-3-2021 by Waterglass because: clarified

edit on 2-3-2021 by Waterglass because: typo a biggie

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Being of Central New York stock, I can definitely empathize with you about the dichotomy of NY city vs state political landscape. If you include Long Island and Westchester county along with the 5 boroughs, the governmental and social concerns in these places couldn't be any more different than "Upstate New York" ("Upstate" being the vague term used by folks living in and around NYC to describe pretty much any part of the state North of and including Newburgh.)

I am just old enough to have remembered Mario Cuomo as our governor, and I seem to remember thinking fondly of him (or at least more fondly than his son) as a youngster, which was probably more a testament to my differing worldview back then instead of any great merit or accomplishment of the elder Cuomo. NOW, with his sons......there just seems as though there's nothing to like. #1 son is riding on the political coattails and reputation forged by his father, whilst #2 son serves as the political "attack dog" over at CNN, setting the appropriate narrative and serving as the propaganda arm of his brother's administration, particularly when it comes to bashing the federal government, and most especially when it came to the Trump administration.

That being the case, something doesn't add up about these sexual harassment allegations. I am not in any way passing judgement on the matter; I don't know enough or can really be bothered to research the background story and understand the relationships he had with accusers. So what I'm getting at is, the sexual harassment buzz seems a little too coincidental with the more serious accusations around the COVID outbreak in the NY nursing homes, right around the time the pandemic escalated. It's almost like a controlled burn, where the sexual harassment is being used as a cover and an instrument to remove Cuomo, but doing so in a way meant to prevent a more serious inferno that could flare up over the nursing home fatalities. Damage control, in a manner of speaking, but more so intended to spare the party/administration than the actual governor/man (who is not going to emerge from this unscathed).

The more I think about it, the more it seems that this business is not in any way about clearing the governor decks for someone other than Cuomo (Ms. Hochul may turn out to be a wonderful replacement in the end), nor is it about some form of payback/punishment from the establishment against Cuomo. This situation is a ruse, a gambit, meant to distract from the more acute problems the governor is facing with the nursing home deaths. If the Democrats can dislodge Cuomo from the governor's office using sexual harassment, and they do it in a timely way, then they can disassociate the party and the serving administration (which would then be the Lt. Gov) from the messiness of any scandal, political or legal blowback, around the nursing homes.

Cuomo was already a goner; the Democrats are merely using his "political corpse" to throw on top of the nursing home grenade to dampen the blast.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

I agree with you on him being mauled by the DNC train. Yes, for him to sexually harass someone doesn't add up as its not his MO. Actually I don't want him to resign.

So, why did he make those nursing home decisions as he didn't do it all alone. Was there directives coming from DNC party chair who has since resigned?

I can see Jamie Harrison play this card. I am in SC and I heard his junk. Hes aligned with AOC and Cuomo was aligned against her.

Also, Justice Democrats back AOC and they want the old guard DNC gone and that's Andrew.

Next on deck will be Charles Schumer.

Hochel is the perfect "moderate" among all of them. However, she will be the next on deck to be taken out by her own in DNC New York. They want a downstate radical for governor.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 12:20 PM
link   
So, Hochul would make a good governor of New York? I know nothing about her, so until I learn otherwise I will trust Waterglass's evaluation. Although she may have changed over the years too, people get corrupted living in such a corrupt atmosphere.

I am pretty sure that the messed up people from the city of New York will not like her if she is conservative though, her time in office will be short.

Coumo is not all that bad, he just believed the wrong people and is lousy at covering up his mistakes. I am sure he did make advances towards those women, but those kind of jestures were common years ago but not acceptable these days. They were not really liked by the women back then, but that is the way things were...Coumo evidently cannot understand that.

posted on Mar, 21 2021 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I know and met her decades ago. We went to the same High School. My last conversation with a group that included her was a deep political debate on politics before any of us were in the workforce. I hope she isn't tainted nor has been compromised or corrupted by him or others or the "process". My guess is that once hes on his way out they will take out his screaming brother from CNN brother or send him back to The Weather Channel
edit on 21-3-2021 by Waterglass because: add

join