It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have 20 grand cash to buy a vehicle guide me ats

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Yes. I think that’s the plan. 🤙

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Brand new 2020 Mitsubishi Outllander.
The ONLY vehicle I have bought since 2004 .
Own a 2020 now.
Owned a 2017
Owned a 2015 and owned one 2004 - 2014 (may it rest in peace. lady ran a red light and trashed it )over 200,000 miles and never needed work . Ever in 10 years .

20,000 cash will get just about any on the lot.(haggle)
edit on 3/1/21 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 10:41 PM
link   
20-23k?

2013-14 jeep grand srt
That's my next build.
Easy 800 hp build. Sleeper grocery getter.

Jeep is complete garbage after 98 imo, but I still love them.
If you own a Jeep, better own a shop.

I've also seen quite a few Lamborghinis with scrapes sell for 20-25 at insurance auctions.
So there's that option lol.

I'd decide what power level and drivetrain you require.
Test drive some. If the smaller engines are enough and you don't require 4wd, you will save thousands on the truck/suv market.

Subaru are massively overpriced and look like an 80's station wagon with a cult REI-camper following and sketchy reliability imo. They have had some major engine issues.
You would prob do better in a Mazda suv than a Subaru.
Good luck.

Consider financing and stashing cash too.
Sometimes it's better to have the green in the bank.
With the bs quality in todays walmart cars, a short term ownership with warranty starts to make sense.

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

I'll put on my flame suit and confess the best vehicle I ever loved was a Ford Ranger.

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Well it's your lucky day TAG !!
20 grand is the exact amount that am willing to accept, for parting with my trusty old steel-steed.

No need to worry about the details of the vehicle for now.
Details, details.

It's a car, and it works !
What else is really needed ?

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Get yourself a Lexus RX 350, one of the most reliable do it all cars you can buy. Comfort and lots of power. The only draw back is its limited off roading capabilities but incomparable to any other Japanese or America car at that price range. Subaru is trash in comparison, trust me, you'll thank me later. Any Toyota SUV and you're golden.

Note: Stay away from the Hybrid cars as they're known to be problematic - the rx450 is a no go.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 01:10 AM
link   

20K cash?

You dont need a car, you need some excitement.

How about a few friendly hands of poker? Just us two, heads up poker? (2 people)

PM me if you're interested.

edit on 2/3/21 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 02:03 AM
link   

I'm going to go with recommending a Subaru Outback. We own two of them now, a 2015 and a 2020. My 2015 will go places not even my 4x4 turbo diesel will go without chains. HOWEVER, here's a couple things to know...

1. If you're going to go with a Subaru, stay away from the CrossTrek. It's way underpowered for what it is.

2. If you're considering an Outback, go with a 2018 or earlier. The reason; I think everything in the Outback line after 2018 is equipped with the "Eyesight" package which is like driving with your ex-wife, only worse. You can't really turn it completely off, but the biggest issue is your windshield. If you have to change your windshield plan on getting your wallet out or filing an insurance claim...it ain't cheap! The Eyesight package mounts to the windshield, and even if you have a reputable glass place swap your windshield, you'll still have to take it to the dealer to have them recalibrate the system. Major mistake by Subaru IMHO. Whatever year you go with just make sure you avoid the Eyesight package like the plague (unless of course you like driving with Big Brother...or your ex.)

We heavily researched pretty much everything on the market when we got the Subies. Nothing from the big 3 comes close. Honda and Mazda probably would have been our second choice, but I didn't like the fit of the Mazda on me (big guy), and Honda was still having vibration / transmission issues with the CR-V (even the dealers were saying to plan on a major recall, but Honda still hadn't figured out the root of the problem yet).

I really wanted another Wrangler, but Jeep is just having way too many problems with that vehicle anymore, so that was a non-starter. Stay away from anything with a turbo! Turbos are nothing but trouble on small vehicles. The larger diesel turbos are fine, but the small SUV turbos are just a maintenance nightmare. And, the only reason the turbo engines even exist at all is to get the HP up to comparable specs from competitors. You're just buying an underpowered motor which has had a turbo slapped on it to get the HP up.

At the end of the day, you'll do what you want. So, that's my .02 worth.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

A 3-4 year old Jeep Renegade in good shape.

If you like to live a bit on the wild side, I would suggest the Trailhawk trim level.

I change vehicles frequently, have been all over the spectrum as far as foreign and domestic.

I have rarely come across a little SUV that packs so much bang for the buck.

The Renegade is essentially a re-badged Fiat, but it is SO much more then that.

When I first purchased the 2016 model, the first thing I did was drive it up a 5 rated trail to the top of a mountain here.

A few months later I drove it from Montana to Texas and back.

Both on and off road is is a wonderful drive with good gas mileage and enough power to pass with ease.

I currently own a 1991 Jeep (my REAL trail rig), a 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee, a tricked out 2019 F350 dually, a few older muscle cars, a 2012 Honda Accord, a 2015 Tacoma and a 2014 Subaru Forester.

A year ago at this time, I owned through my business 11 different trucks as well, from 1 ton work vehicles to daily driver trucks in Ford, Chevy, Dodge and Toyota flavors.

The Renegade became my favorite daily driver of all of them.

So just my 2 cents...

You're 2 cents is worth 20k 👍🏼

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 02:12 AM
link   
What about the honda crv? Even if it looks like a mom car it has great ratings. I can get one for 22.

Thoughts?

Honda crv

Ugh. Because of this?

Intake problem
edit on 2-3-2021 by TheAlleghenyGentleman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 02:17 AM
link   

You could get a Nissan Chikushô, the fuel economy of a small engine with the security of a massive and solid frame.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Oh, I guess I should have posted our buying criteria:

1. All weather, all the time, 4x4 or AWD* (Do your research on AWD, they're all different. Subaru's is most like 4x4, the others not so much).
2. Reliable (200k with no dealership visits)
3. Decent gas mileage
4. Comfort
5. Well thought out (and Subaru hits it out of the park here!)
6. Best bang for the buck

We looked at and test drove:
Ford - Escape and Edge
Mazda - MX-6 and MX-9
Chevy - (nothing) (And we get an employee discount on any GM product, but they just didn't have anything comparable).
Dodge - (nothing even close)
Honda - CR-V and Pilot
Jeep - Wrangler
Nissan - (forgot the model name)
Hyundai - Tucson and Santa Fe
Kia - Sportage and Sorento

I should have noted this in my previous post also. Both KIA and Hyundai should get an honorable mention. One of those two probably would have been our 3rd choice. Pretty decent vehicles for the money. Neighbor has one and has never had an issue with it.

edit on 3/2/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Wow just looked that up. That’s a great 3:30 am surprise

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

You said you liked the Mazda tho

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Land rover Discovery SE luxury?

www.autotrader.com... 203%26city%3DDallas%26extColorsSimple%3DBLACK%252CBLUE%252CBURGUNDY%252CCHARCOAL%252CGOLD%26incremental%3Dall%26modelCodeList%3DDISCOV%252CROVDISCSPT% 26makeCodeList%3DROV%26listingTypes%3DUSED%26sortBy%3DderivedpriceASC%26location%3D%255Bobject%2BObject%255D%26state%3DTX%26firstRecord%3D25%26marketE xtension%3Dinclude%26relevanceConfig%3Ddefault%26searchRadius%3D0%26isNewSearch%3Dfalse&listingTypes=USED&numRecords=25&firstRecord=25&modelCodeList=D ISCOV%2CROVDISCSPT&makeCodeList=ROV&searchRadius=0&makeCode1=ROV&modelCode1=ROVDISCSPT&clickType=listing

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 02:27 AM
link   

The Honda CR-V was way up there on our list, but the major issue at the time was Honda was having a serious vibration issue at idle. Sitting at a stoplight the transmission would vibrate so hard it would shake the seats so loud you'd have to turn the stereo way up to overcome it. It was bad. Honda knew they had a problem, and tens of thousands of people were complaining, but Honda couldn't figure out how to solve the issue (at the time).

If they've truly fixed this issue, I'd definitely look at one. Just don't get one in the 2015 vintage.

You can look this issue up on the Interwebz, just type in "Honda vibration issue". There's videos of it out there too.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: FinallyAwake

I was warned to stay away from the turbo. I am a good boy! I listen!!!

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

No, I think I should get the 2017 through 2021 because of the redesign

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 02:29 AM
link   

We did like the Mazda. I just couldn't comfortably fit in it very easily, and I didn't really care for the cabin layout. The cabin layout was not a deal-breaker, but not being able to fit in it was, at least for me.

Mazda makes a good vehicle, no argument about that.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: FinallyAwake

Sorry, but every single person I have ever known who owned a Land Rover cursed those things to high-heaven. Total shop queens! Spent more time in the shop than on the road.

Wife wanted a Land Rover, and we did look at one (I should have noted that), but I talked her out of it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join