It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OG Pepper Spray Immunity

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

I don't think it's likely.

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I know ducks are immune as are many birds that regularly eat peppers. But now I have to wonder about some Covid victims that lost their sense of taste and smell. They had a local fireman on the news tonight that recovered and was eating habaneros without a drop of sweat or flinching while the report said their tongue was numb and face was on fire.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamonlyhuman

originally posted by: AutomateThis1
a reply to: Iamonlyhuman

I used to help conduct training on my ship, and we did the OC/CS spray obstacle course as well. I was told that it's usually, if not always, women who are immune to it. I can't remember ever being told any stories of men being immune to it.

And in my security career after the military that's what all the oldheads said as well.

That being said I have seen men take it in stride with minimal effects.

But in reality it could be that the can they hit her with had expired. Expired OC spray doesn't pack the kick a fresh can will.

That's just my anecdotal stories.

Fun fact: One day during a steel beach picnic we sprayed our hot dogs with OC spray and ate them.

Thanks. I think I'm going to implore her to ask to be "tested" again. Just to see if it was fluke. Can civilians buy the same strength that LE does? I might test it on her myself!

Yeah, you should be able to.

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Thanks. I think I'm going to implore her to ask to be "tested" again. Just to see if it was fluke. Can civilians buy the same strength that LE does? I might test it on her myself!

An update... She asked to be sprayed again and they told her no. Also, on Tuesday, she made a 98 on her final, written exam and they wouldn't tell her which question she missed! What the heck?! Seriously, they don't want them knowing what they need to go back and study again?

I really, really want to call the head of BCOT and discuss this with him but she doesn't want me to. I guess I understand.
edit on 6/3/2021 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Do you do this quite often? I'm not trying to be rude.

But you want to call the head of correctional training and complain about your daughter's 98? You only need a 70 to pass. She'll more than likely be fine if she just goes through her notes.

If she needs to worry about anything it will be the the actual job itself. Not the test.

If she wants to be sprayed again for #s and giggles go buy some Vexor MK3, Freeze +P, or try some Fox Labs.

All three are OC sprays, but Freeze +P also has tear gas.

Fox Labs is purported to be the hottest, but I've never used it or been sprayed with it.

You and your girl go out back and spray her from chin to forehead to make sure it gets in her mouth, nose, and eyes.

If none of the three above make her think she made a bad decision then she may truly be immune. But, I doubt it.

]

Fun fact. Freeze +P has a UV dye in it that shows up under black light. Go in a dark room and shine a black light on her face afterward and she'll look like a neon zombie.
edit on 632021 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 12:36 PM
link   

But you want to call the head of correctional training and complain about your daughter's 98? You only need a 70 to pass. She'll more than likely be fine if she just goes through her notes.

No, I don't do that often, but then again she's never put herself in such a dangerous position! That comment was really about the pepper spray, not the test. But when you think about it, what about the people who make a 70 on the test? Shouldn't they need to know what they missed?

If she needs to worry about anything it will be the the actual job itself. Not the test.

Totally agree. I don't like her choice of jobs - at all - but again, that's not my decision.

If she wants to be sprayed again for #s and giggles go buy some Vexor MK3, Freeze +P, or try some Fox Labs.

We've already talked about doing just that the next time she's home. Thanks for the suggestions!

edit on 15/3/2021 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 02:48 PM
link   

No, I don't do that often, but then again she's never put herself in such a dangerous position! That comment was really about the pepper spray, not the test. But when you think about it, what about the people who make a 70 on the test? Shouldn't they need to know what they missed?

Totally agree. I don't like her choice of jobs - at all - but again, that's not my decision.

We've already talked about doing just that the next time she's home. Thanks for the suggestions!

She'll find out that corrections is more about toughness than smartness.

A person should be physically and emotionally strong.

I've worked security jobs for quite a while and the amount of intelligent people I find doing the job is pretty minimal. As long as a person can remember the rules, regulations, proper procedures and such then they'll be fine.

The test is really more of a baseline indicator. As a person continues the job they'll be constantly reminded of what to do and what not to do.

It's more of a learn as you go kind of thing, and as long as you don't screw up you'll be fine.

My suggestion is that she continue on to become a cop or something. Corrections is a BS kind of job in my opinion. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

But, I'm not saying that to talk ill of your daughter. If she enjoys it then so be it, but if she wants to go further she should use it as a stepping stone to become a sheriff or cop.

She's going to eventually have to deal with getting spit on, have to deal with feces and piss and vomit. People fighting with her, harassing her, and it's just not a fun job.

But hey more power to her.

posted on Jun, 20 2021 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Try Fox 5.3

Don't say I didn't warn ya!

Seriously, be wary of Fox, its not fun and has a solvent that makes it quite effective. They likely used Def Tec 0.2% white band weak stuff

Some folks have little or no response. Just like EMD stun devices. I'd blame application error, maybe sweating or who knows...but Fox labs 5.3 is brutal, harmless, but brutal

Lots of respect for her not taking the easy way out but if she truly is immune then it could mean a significant tactical advantage for deploying. Ive never used OC without getting some to all on myself

Try to fight to keep her eyes open. Tell her to fight to protect her weapon or get sights on target (unloaded), issue commands (stop, get down, do it now. Etc) and try to remain in control over the subject

Its a pain compliance tool, IE she will make the pain stop when the BG complies with her lawful orders, etc

Have WATER, tons and tons if water, a hose with no nozel is best. No milk, no creams no lotions that will make it worse. Copious water and fresh air. If you do it right, she will feel significant pain for up to 1.5 hours but the worse usually subsides in about 45 minutes. Don't panic whatever you do. She will be OK, it WILL end and her eyes will not suffer lasting damage. If you have any current or retired LE, EMS or first responders having them standby for moral support can help too. Sudecon spray or wipes cuts the recovery time down, nearly in half

Be forewarned. It really, really sucks. But crucial to know how you're going to react in a real life situation
edit on 6/20/2021 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join