It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Immigration Doesn't Work

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 03:32 PM
link   
We will soon see a reversal of immigration policy under the new Biden administration.
Here's a quick reminder of why the current system is
making less than zero change for the better,
and is in fact causing more harm than it claims to prevent.
Maybe President Harris Biden can get it right this time *rolls eyes*
Summary:
- 3 billion people in extreme poverty, US Immigration takes in ~1 million per year = zero percent effect
- Immigrations takes away the best, brightest and most skilled people who could be benefiting their own countries
-These countries add 80 million to their populations every year-
- Even taking 2 million annually would cripple our infrastructure

Why then would they keep these terribly inefficient policies in place?
Cheap labor, left-leaning votership, population destabilization, social manipulation, policy and agenda pushing...
I HAVE NO IDEA

edit on 26-2-2021 by ADAMandEVIL because: Eta fixes

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 03:50 PM
link   
To find the truth to your answer, one must live on a island and study its immigration laws. There are pros and cons, but the main concern is that an island/nation can be taken over by colonizing a new race into its sociality . This is very apparent in Indonesian countries.

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ADAMandEVIL
Was looking at some other financial stuff earlier today and saw this graphic.
Made me wonder where immigrants would show up if they were listed as a separate category.

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Are you native American Indian?

If not, are you saying you don't work?

That's a hell of an admission.

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

an island/nation can be taken over by colonizing a new race into its sociality

North American Indians would say you don't have to live on an island for that to happen.

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 04:02 PM
link   

The good ole nativist argument against immigration. Nevermind that this country wouldn't be here if it wasn't for the very immigration policy that Roy Beck has railed against for about 30 years now. As more time passes he keeps getting proven wrong on BOTH sides of his argument.

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Good insights to be had for sure, however
America isn't an island and functions very differently
Looking back on history, especially:
Russia since the collapse of the USSR and how Putin has run the show
Asia, South America and Europe before, during and after WW2
Canada, France and the UK particularly in the last decade

Immigration has caused exponentially more issues than it solves
We hear it from every workplace and see it in every public space, see the frictions
Economically, socially, government and policy...
People are generally accepting, I've never witnessed for example a foreign exchange student
mistreated or misunderstood. In fact, it's quite the opposite. People usually love helping others
However it's the immense influx which brings with it the problem, the overload is obvious
A magnified example of the opposite of taking someone in small doses
These things take time to acclimate to, and the left is pushing too hard, too fast
Inducing cabin fever on a national scale, so to speak
A lighter touch is needed
edit on 26-2-2021 by ADAMandEVIL because: Eta fixes

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Littlebatman

I'm half Native and half old Quebec french
I'm not saying immigration shouldnt happen, we need an influx of diversity
The video isn't my opinion, it's the idea for discussion
We need that mixup to keep growing and changing and coming up with better
My personal opinion is that it should be far more restricted than it is, not eliminated
I wouldn't exist if it weren't for immigration of some sort
But the sort that is in, is way out of sorts so to say

edit on 26-2-2021 by ADAMandEVIL because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 04:22 PM
link   

You couldn't be more wrong about your argument

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Thirty-four percent of Americans, up from 27% a year ago, would prefer to see immigration to the U.S. increased. This is the highest support for expanding immigration Gallup has found in its trend since 1965. Meanwhile, the percentage favoring decreased immigration has fallen to a new low of 28%, while 36% think it should stay at the present level.

Source: news.gallup.com...

Almost 70% of American feel ok with wither keeping immigration at current levels or higher. That lines up with public opinion polling that indicates 74% of American would support legal status for DACA immigrants.

Source: www.pewresearch.org...

The world is not ending because of immigration. Maybe the world you grew up in is changing but that's about it.

edit on 26-2-2021 by Bunch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Bunch

Opinions don't override facts. How can a poll disprove the ineffectiveness of immigration policy?
It wouldn't matter if 100% of people polled wanted an increase, that's bandwagon fallacy

Have you seen how many people support the war effort? Does that make it a good idea?

So can you back up your opposition?
I'd love to see your list of reasons why it's effective, useful and beneficial to all.
edit on 26-2-2021 by ADAMandEVIL because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 05:04 PM
link   
A mass exodus from multiple countries without regulation just screws with the numbers.

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ADAMandEVIL
a reply to: Bunch

Opinions don't override facts. How can a poll disprove the ineffectiveness of immigration policy?
It wouldn't matter if 100% of people polled wanted an increase, that's bandwagon fallacy

Have you seen how many people support the war effort? Does that make it a good idea?

So can you back up your opposition?
I'd love to see your list of reasons why it's effective, useful and beneficial to all.

You ask for data when all you did was post an video of a renowned nativist that has some direct ties to white supremacist groups...lol.

Immigrants Work at High Rates in Jobs That Are Important to Our Economy and Communities
In 2018, the labor force participation rate of foreign-born adults was 65.7 percent, higher than the 62.3 percent rate for the native born, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Some 27.2 million foreign-born adults, 63.4 percent of all foreign-born adults, were employed that year, compared to 59.8 percent of native-born adults.[1]

Immigrants hold jobs that are important to our economy and communities. Immigrant workers without a college degree — who appear to be a main target of the proposed rule — are found throughout the economy, but make up a sizable share of the workers in certain industries. Firms in such industries will have a harder time hiring staff if these workers can no longer come to or stay in the United States.

In March 2018, immigrants with less than a four-year college degree made up 10 percent of all persons (and 11 percent of all U.S. workers) in the United States, but they reflected a large share of all workers in many important occupations and industries, according to Census data. (See Table 1.) Fully 36 percent of workers in the farming, fishing, and forestry fields are immigrants without a college degree, as are 36 percent of building and grounds cleaning and maintenance workers, 27 percent of hotel workers, and 21 percent of home health care industry workers.

Source: www.cbpp.org...

This is an easy one bro...when is comes down to immigration specially nowadays it boils down to nativism vs pragmatism vs openborderism...I personally sit with pragmatism because I believe that immigration is an GDP multiplier for this country.

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 06:04 PM
link   
What reversal of policies are you referring to? The gentleman in the video is talking about legal immigration, the kind everyone seems to be ok with.

And, all he is really saying is that immigration isn't an effective way to deal with suffering people of the world.

He is right, but does that really have anything to do with the policies you have in mind?

top topics

join