It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if aliens reverted human tech (and for good reason)?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I think it's possible that the human instinct for self entitlement might be a unique trait to our species. (At least the version of it we have.)

In 2018, 3,000 people from Honduras marched to the USA border to request. Nay! Demand! to be allowed to be part of the USA's economy.

The basis was something more or less like : the USA's economy was better than theirs, and they, as fellow sentient beings, had the absolute right to possess anything any other sentient being possesses.

---

Now imagine 11,000 years ago. Suppose a group of humans that have figured out faster-than-light space flight, and nukes, encounters a group of space aliens out there.

Suppose they come to realize those aliens have a better economy than their own.

They approach the aliens and request. Nay! Demand! to be admitted into this economy.

After all, they are fellow sentient beings, equally deserving of all that any other sentient being possesses!!!

The aliens say they don't want to. They tell the humans that the humans are free to go and build a great economy of their own if they want one, but they can't be part of the aliens' economy.

Humans get mad. Decide to make the aliens feel how horrible their choice was. They load a nuke onto a faster than light space ship, and send it toward the alien home world.

--------------

Now, alien technology being what it is, the aliens are able to intercept the nuke before it hits their home world. But now they are faced with a difficult choice.

Their leaders meet in council to decide what to do.

They don't want to wipe out humanity. It would decrease the biological diversity of the galaxy.

But..... they can't have humanity launching more nukes at them.

What to do? What to do?

What to do, indeed!

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Sure, after having spent a few years as a human, that scenario sounds, at the least, plausible.

Heck, maybe our seeming 'techno-illogical' ups and downs have come from ourselves, rather than aliens or catastrophe.

Maybe we brought forth AI in some previous era and then realized we had replaced ourselves, or created demon-overlords, and fought a war or had a faction go Luddite to live as a fully human, human (if such a thing exists).

I am curious if this scenario popped up from musings or a deep dive RV/meditation, scrying or studying entrails?

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: bloodymarvelous
The aliens say they don't want to. They tell the humans that the humans are free to go and build a great economy of their own if they want one, but they can't be part of the aliens' economy.

If your theory is true, then why did aliens deliberately crash their own technology at places like Roswell, knowing that all that free technology would be given to the MIC and never to the peasants.

Unless of course, aliens that have given their tech to the MIC are all pure evil and enjoy watching their human pawns torturing other innocent humans in never ending wars.

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 06:58 AM
link   
You send them back to the stone age,then they won't bother you again for another 20000 years.

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: bloodymarvelous

If you have the technology to travel between the stars your economy is going to be energy based and of the almost unlimited nature.

I imagine any Aliens that come our way will have dispensed with such arcane notions.

As making and trading things of value will probably be as simple as snapping there fingers or claws together and rearranging matter to suite there desire and needs.
edit on 26-2-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Advanced beings would have no need of an economy, that which you perceive everyday and was forced upon the world to create the ultimate form of slavery where some marvel at how shiney their shackles are.

We are not human anymore. We're rats in a maze.

But I like how you exposed the liberal mentality there.

edit on 26-2-2021 by 19Bones79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2021 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Yea, I think I read this somewhere, exponded on in others...

Enoch wrote of the fallen that brought technology to man, like metal working, cosmetics, herbal medicine including abortion, and astronomy... His grandson wrote of the Flood that fixed it all and reverted man back to a primative state.

Or you know, Aliens...

posted on Feb, 27 2021 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: benrl

Aye we could never have begun to work those things out ourselves with our larger brain to body capacity and opposable appendages.

Lets blame other beings that we cannot find a shed of actual proof as to there existence.

How very Human of us eh?

edit on 27-2-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2021 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79

Advanced beings would have no need of an economy, that which you perceive everyday and was forced upon the world to create the ultimate form of slavery where some marvel at how shiney their shackles are.

We are not human anymore. We're rats in a maze.

But I like how you exposed the liberal mentality there.

I don't know if there is any level of technology where that becomes entirely true. Surely the effort required to achieve basic food and shelter gets less, at least.

A post-necessity economy would be based on entertainment, with that being the one last resource you can't quite automate out of existence.

However, there is one other possibility: perhaps the humans wanted to also be allowed to breed infinitely?

Have you ever heard of the King's Chessboard story?

www.mathsthroughstories.org...

For a group of technologically immortal aliens, watching a human population double 64 times in 64 generations would lead to a result just as predictable as doubling the grains of rice in the Chessboard story.

No amount of technology can insulate you against the power of an exponential growth model.

originally posted by: benrl
Yea, I think I read this somewhere, exponded on in others...

Enoch wrote of the fallen that brought technology to man, like metal working, cosmetics, herbal medicine including abortion, and astronomy... His grandson wrote of the Flood that fixed it all and reverted man back to a primative state.

Or you know, Aliens...

Enoch's story also had something to do with the issue of immortal beings wanting to have offspring, didn't it?

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 07:07 AM
link   

The argument against this is clear.

What sensible race would revert humans to a basic level of technology and yet do absolutely nothing to stop them from rising back to that level again.

Wouldn't it be much more sensible to leave behind teachings on the responsible use of technology?

I also don't believe for one second that a planet cold be cleansed of technology without leaving behind a single trace of advanced materials like plastics or polymers. Or other clear evidence of materials that do not occur naturally.

We can find a stone arrow head from 15,000 years ago, but not a nut or a bolt, or a fragment of a computer screen?

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

There are ooparts like the London hammer and Antikythera mechanism that have managed to turn some heads.

Not that i subscribe to the aliens reverted human tech all the same.

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

If your theory is true, then why did aliens deliberately crash their own technology at places like Roswell, knowing that all that free technology would be given to the MIC and never to the peasants.

Two theories come to mind;

* The technology contains a trojan.
* Cannon fodder.

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

The argument against this is clear.

What sensible race would revert humans to a basic level of technology and yet do absolutely nothing to stop them from rising back to that level again.

Who says they did nothing?

The tower of Babel story, from the Bible, says they confounded the languages. (A story I am assuming the Bible to have appropriated from some other place, much like the flood story).

It has taken humanity nearly 10,000 years to get to where we are, and most of our progress has occurred in the last 400.

Maybe they got complacent?

Or maybe another group of aliens moved in and, covertly, subverted their efforts.

Wouldn't it be much more sensible to leave behind teachings on the responsible use of technology?

I also don't believe for one second that a planet cold be cleansed of technology without leaving behind a single trace of advanced materials like plastics or polymers. Or other clear evidence of materials that do not occur naturally.

We can find a stone arrow head from 15,000 years ago, but not a nut or a bolt, or a fragment of a computer screen?

If the advanced society reached space early enough in its advancement, perhaps discovering a tech we don't have yet, then all of the left overs might be located in one geographic area.

Perhaps they didn't bother to conquer the whole planet before venturing into space.

(And perhaps they deliberately withheld their tech from the cultures they did interact with, in order to maintain their advantage)

In that event, the aliens would only need to completely cover/destroy one geographical area, and it would eliminate all remnants.

There's the Bimini road under water in the Caribean, that suggests an area that might have been above water and inhabited long ago.

If the North pole had been centered closer to the British Isles (which would also place it in the center of the actual ice mass that had formed during the last ice age), then parts of Antarctica would be further North and ice free.

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

Maybe they did. And this time around we're doing a better job than last time?

Would we recognize it if we found it?

What if they figured out how to create an anti-gravity field using crystals? When we find it, would we see a cool device to try and copy, or a silly religious decoration?

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Good analogy.

The left has done a great disservice to our country by saying we must give our country away. Hell, the US has been rebuilding the rest of the world since WWI, and we are being gutted financially by our 'leaders' on top of that.

I have chosen to speak out against the stupidity of the left, but as far as fighting back? I've made peace with my sin and returned to the most high, My savior Jesus. I'm a spectator with a smile at this point.

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Its not an original thought is my point and been around for over 3000 years,

Funny though, aliens makes it better? Sci-fi it up a bit,

Or how bought the Vimnas in ancient Hindu text and the destruction of that civilization.

Point being, story circulates, just change the names.

Or how about simulation theory is just creationist thought scienceed up a bit,

Again, just pointing out the un-origniality of the thought, as again it's been around.

a reply to: andy06shake

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: benrl

Sorry what is your point?

What's not an original thought?

Do you mean "Vimana"?

Mate away and go run a spell check. x

Get back to us when you are more lucid.

edit on 1-3-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2021 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Another possibility is that a group of aliens, 10,000 + years ago improved one culture's tech just to see what would happen.

They didn't like the results.

Aliens, just like humans, probably grow and learn as time goes on. Maybe the first generation of space faring aliens decides to generously go around helping less developed worlds into space. But after a long string of failures, they decide that wasn't working, and change policies?

posted on Mar, 7 2021 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I often wondered whether the ancient technology used by the advanced immortals was perhaps quantum-entangled with an automated destruction system, such that each molecule or atom of material had been connected at the quantum level to a given antiparticle held within some sort of secure energy field, such that when said field was disrupted & the particle was destabilised, it sparked a reaction in all components which had been quantum entangled with the now-destroyed particle, destabilising them such that the device crumbled to dust before their very eyes...

Would this be more possible with all 'away team' technology - anything that might feasibly end up being despatched to a targeted world or an existing colony world - being made from a composite material that was capable of explosive destabilisation, due to the 'pyromaterial' that had been engineered into the tech acting as the polymer glue which bound the other molecules together. Once the pyromaterial was triggered it would explosively render every atom & molecule of the away team technology entirely separate from all other atoms/molecules, scattered to the four winds in the blink of an eye.

Earth? Why no, we were never even there.....

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 10:17 PM
link   
That actually sounds plausible. At least, I wouldn't put it past them.

Essentially it would mean they were giving humanity like 0.00000001% of the tech they actually have. Since they're building it in a way where it not only works, but is able to completely self disintegrate. (Which indicates they are way more advanced still.)

Have you read about Bob Lazar?

intechbearing.com...

He claims he was a researcher that had been given an alien space ship to examine at Area 51, which I think some group of aliens had voluntarily given to the airforce.

It required an element called "ununpentium" to work, which humanity has created synthetically a few times, but only in small amounts and it wasn't stable, so it decayed immediately.

Point is: some UFO enthusiasts think they deliberately engineered the ship's drive to require that element specifically because they knew humans couldn't make it ourselves, and so we would still be dependent on them if we used it.

So what you are suggesting sounds like another of those kinds of games they might play.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join