It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The McPlant - Beyond Meat Signs Deals With McDonald’s, Yum!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Def give 5 guys a try, its like wendys was 20 years ago

a reply to: vonclod

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I'm not sure why this stuff makes you have such a visceral reaction.

People need dietary options. I have certain dietary needs that keep me away from a lot of foods. It's nice to see the market stepping it up and offering alternatives for people who can't eat meat or don't want to.

I'm a meat-eater myself. My wife recently bought a couple of Impossible Burger patties. They were good. Nothing like grinding your own steak into a burger patty, but still pretty good.

I don't mind trying new things. Beyond Meat's meat substitute offering is actually much better than Impossible Foods' version. No offense OP, but you sound like my 5-year-old when he doesn't want to try something new. What's weird is that no one is asking you to and it is clearly a product not being offered to you.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: neomaximus10
Def give 5 guys a try, its like wendys was 20 years ago

a reply to: vonclod

I will!

Wendys!! yes, they used to be good, another one that's gone down the drain. I still like A&W, Dairy Queen still does a proper flame broil..but since covid, haven't been to either.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
I’d rather have plant based fast food instead of slaughterhouse floor scrapings.

Preferably no fast food at all.
To each their own

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: putnam6

With being new and plant-based they will jack up the price.

One thing good about COVID quarantine is I used to like an occasional Big Mac but last time I had one and it was gross.

Same here, used to do mc'ds a couple times a month. That pretty much stopped, have hit there a couple of times in the last couple months..pretty disappointing to say the least.

Hell even the fries were bad, if I'm gonna give myself a heart attack eating a burger and fries I''m going to Five Guys...

The patties on my big mac, were just a tad bigger than a silver dollar, both times the bottom bun dried out..like it was made hours previous, done with them.

Five Guys, we have them here, never been, I'll have to check em out. I do like Fatburger!

I've heard Fatburger is good, don't think they made it to the southeast yet though so I haven't had one yet.

It's weird though around town and in the suburbs, fast food is hit or mostly miss, but up in those little mountain towns, it just seems to taste and be prepared better.

Actually tried the Beyond Whopper and it wasn't bad at all

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Only good veggie burger from a fast food place were the portabella mushroom ones from the Canadian A&W. It was just basically a big greasy slab of mushroom shaped like a burger.

I have no idea if they still have them. I only ate them a few times years ago as a greasy teenager when i worked there and i realized i was probably eating too much bacon and greasy beef burgers...

Lotta grease...

On a side note...if you want a real breakfast from a fast food place...skip mcdicks and timmy's(Canada again), A&W has real eggs and bacon. You really learn to cook eggs well when some picky mofo wants you to cook over medium eggs on a 600° grill....

What was this about again..?

Oh yeah...mcdonalds and veggie slime burgers...

Hmmm i'm sure they'll be hard to tell apart from Mcdonald's meat slime burgers...
edit on 25/2/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Why would any real vegan support McDonalds by buying a mcplant? McDonalds is one of the worst in animal treatment.

plantbasednews.org...

Also, im sure they will cook it alongside other meat like burger king does with impossible whoppers. Therefore, it's not really vegan.

edit on 25-2-2021 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

As a side not, Beyond meat seems to use real ingredients. Impossible genitically modifies at least one ingredient; heme. I wouldn't doubt that the soy is from a GMO source.

Impossible's goal is to make the most realistic burger. While, i believe Beyond Meat uses non-GMO ingredients.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 11:47 PM
link   

With being new and plant-based they will jack up the price.

One thing good about COVID quarantine is I used to like an occasional Big Mac but last time I had one and it was gross.

Same here, used to do mc'ds a couple times a month. That pretty much stopped, have hit there a couple of times in the last couple months..pretty disappointing to say the least.

Hell even the fries were bad, if I'm gonna give myself a heart attack eating a burger and fries I''m going to Five Guys...

The patties on my big mac, were just a tad bigger than a silver dollar, both times the bottom bun dried out..like it was made hours previous, done with them.

Five Guys, we have them here, never been, I'll have to check em out. I do like Fatburger!

I've heard Fatburger is good, don't think they made it to the southeast yet though so I haven't had one yet.

It's weird though around town and in the suburbs, fast food is hit or mostly miss, but up in those little mountain towns, it just seems to taste and be prepared better.

Actually tried the Beyond Whopper and it wasn't bad at all

I haven't eaten yet, all this talk is making me hungry.

My housemate likes this place, they just opened up not too far away..worth a try, I'll pass on their challenge though..can't eat like that anymore.
texxbigburger.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Nobody can criticize this burger, It is a legitimate member of the LGBT movement. It identifies as meat. They have equal rights to be between buns these days.

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 12:52 AM
link   
If I were going to eat McDonalds I would want the real deal and not the disgusting over-processed fake meat crap. Actually, now that I think about it I haven’t eaten anything from McDonalds in at lesser 4-5 years. They can serve whatever they want.

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I'm not too worried about this kind of food spreading all over the fast food chains, they've been selling unhealthy delicious food for years and they'll continue doing that.

I'm worried about cows more than ever. What are we going to do with their overpopulation. We need to sign a deal with ET to increase cattle abductions.

Cows will be the next enemy. They eat our yummy grass.

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: slatesteam
Fresh Beef is now Fresh Leaf....

How many beetles does it take to make a chitin nugget?

Ha! That’s sharp dude

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Yeah I don't see the big deal... just more options for a market that probably wouldn't eat the meat options anyway. More options is always a good thing, noone is forcing it on you.

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 05:11 AM
link   
OMG NOOOOOO!

Were you mad about the impossible whopper when it came out years ago? My daughter loves them, and I have to admit they do taste like a real whopper. I'm excited that my daughter may have an option at McDonald's now. On the rare occasions that we eat there, she just gets fries.
edit on 26-2-2021 by LordAhriman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 05:13 AM
link   
McDonald's is nasty anyway. I don't mind a plant burger now and then but real food is better when you can find it.
What I don't get is vegan people screaming about animal welfare and then eating something that mimics real meat. Plus just cuz they're buying a plant burger instead of a real one they're still funding McDonald's right?
People are stupid.

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Eh, I'd try it, I do love most veg meat subs anyway even though I'm not giving up or reducing my meat intake any.If it tastes good, it tastes good, my Big Girl Panties chick card ain't threatened any here.

Anywho, I'd give one a whirl. I did have a Big Mac for the first time in over a year this week as it is. Neither's any better nor worse for you compared to the other.

That's the correct attitude, I won't eat it but I don't care if you do. Will you get a side of Formerly Mr. Potato Head Fries?

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
Can we still super size those gender neutral fries? or is that racist now?
I can't keep up.

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: BoxerBrawler

'Super sizing' could be considered fat shamming.

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 05:57 AM
link   
*shrugs* hard pass, but if people want to think they are being healthy knock yourself out.

Though I'm glad in a way, have a few friends that can't eat red meat, happy they have options

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join