It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wargames : Red Dragon free on Epic Next Week

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I know Gothmog has been waiting for this so for Goth and other RTS players like myself Wargames : Red Dragon is free from next Thursday and could fit a modern warfare RTS shaped hole in your library ... it looks pretty complex but I guess so does Total War if you've never played it.

You command the military resources of all 17 nations involved, assembling your fighting force from a phenomenal selection of 1,450 units that have been meticulously reproduced from their source! Command tanks, planes, helicopters, new warships and amphibious units in intense battles of unequaled tactical depth. Master the relief of varied, ultra realistic battlefields, dominate the new maritime areas and rewrite history in a conflict that has been directed and designed in stunning detail by development studio Eugen Systems.
www.epicgames.com...

edit on 25-2-2021 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Thanks for posting. RTS is dying it stinks. That and space sims, was looking forward to Squadron 42 but that is a mess.

Last I really enjoyed were Act of War and World in Conflict plus old C&C games. Supreme Commander was decent but it just didn’t fit as well. I’ve been trying to get into Stellaris and New Horizons but it takes so much time.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Wargames : Red Dragon free on Epic Next Week

I will believe it once I am downloading it.

On the serious side , I purchased the other 2(?) when they first came out and kinda got played out on them.
Wasn't going to get Red Dragon until Epic posted it a month ago , then withdrew it at the last moment.
Get the set
Fantastic games.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAMEDDDoc
Thanks for posting. RTS is dying it stinks. That and space sims, was looking forward to Squadron 42 but that is a mess.

Last I really enjoyed were Act of War and World in Conflict plus old C&C games. Supreme Commander was decent but it just didn’t fit as well. I’ve been trying to get into Stellaris and New Horizons but it takes so much time.

If you enjoyed World in Conflict , I would recommend this one.
Especially as its free .
World in Conflict is what got me to try the Wargames series in the first place.
edit on 2/25/21 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAMEDDDoc

C&C Generals: Evolution

Stronghold: Warlords

0AD

Those are the RTS' I'm playing this year.

Half Life: Lambda Wars is also completed now but I wasn't too impressed with the beta, I will look at some gameplay before I try it again...

2021 is a good year for the RTS genre.

Don't lose hope.

posted on Feb, 27 2021 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Evolution looks great, I hated the forced co-op of RA3 at times though. I forgot about Homeworld Remastered and Deserts of Kharak. Both were phenomenal and I loved them, especially DoK.

Haven’t heard of the second two games and I forgot about Lamda Wars. That’s been awhile.

Are the first two Wargames any good? I didn’t realize the Act of War: Direct Action people made these, that’s a good sign. I tried to play Generals again the other night, I got bored quick, some of these newer games spoil me, like Supreme Commander. I picture getting my rear end handed to me for a week or so if I try Red Dragon until I get the hang of the thing.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Ok , I believe now.

posted on Mar, 9 2021 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAMEDDDoc

Stronghold is possibly the greatest RTS series of all time.

Warlords releases today and it's going to be epic.

It's the ultimate castle building RTS and this one is looking more than pretty.

new topics

top topics

join