It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Oxford connection - Bidens administration

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Those students who have applied and actually got in

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion
I did admit that my experience was out-of-date. I'm not up to speed on the curent generation's definition of progressive (in fact, come to think of it, "progressive" is an Americanism which hadn't yet been adopted. The virtue word was "left".)

How recently are you placing the opening up to the working-class? The middle class and working class were getting in fairly freely fifty years ago, because the grammar schools were educating them well enough to get them through the Entrance Examinations. The limitation to elite private schools is a misleading perception caused by the fact that the pupils of elite private schools form a large proportion of the candidates who bother to apply.

I would have thought that the abolition of the grammar schools and the levelling down of state education implied in the comprehensive system would have set back the cause of working-class entry. But I don't have any evidence for that perception.

edit on 26-2-2021 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 05:33 PM
link   
And a ton of people from Trump's administration went to Harvard among other liberal East Coast Universities and Colleges. No matter the party, everyone who occupies high office has usually gone to the same breed of education around the world.

www.thecrimson.com...

You tend to invite people to work with you that you have a background with... networking!

<< 1  2   >>

join