It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Oxford connection - Bidens administration

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot
I think since ww2 only 1 prime minister has went to a university other than Oxford.

A further 3 did not go to university.

Until the twentieth century, Oxford was the university for theology, Cambridge the university for science.
Evidently politics is not a science, but a branch of theology.

Neil Kinnock was famously the first member of his family to go to university, but he never became Prime Minister.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
a reply to: chr0naut

The OP is merely pointing out that Biden is placing people who have been through a Progressive indoctrination camp.

I understand why you won't understand the implications of that...

You people are mentally challenged and need to get off social media for a long while

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI

I think since ww2 only 1 prime minister has went to a university other than Oxford.

Until the twentieth century, Oxford was the university for theology, Cambridge the university for science.

Neil Kinnock was famously the first member of his family to go to university, but he never became Prime Minister.

Isn't there some ridiculously high % of cabinet ministers who did a single degree type (ppe) at Oxford?

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 06:29 AM
link   

a reply to: chr0naut

The OP is merely pointing out that Biden is placing people who have been through a Progressive indoctrination camp.

I understand why you won't understand the implications of that...

it's probably worse than that-Oxford,Tavistock Intitute,a little Monarch/MK Ultra programming,then government.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot
Politics, Philosophy, and Economics, yes.
I'd have to take your word for it, because I'm not knowledgable in that area, but it's very plausible.

I do know the conversation in Yes Minister about why there are three motorways going from London to Oxford, and none going to Cambridge.

edit on 25-2-2021 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Politics, Philosophy, and Economics, yes.
I'd have to take your word for it, because I'm not knowledgable in that area, but it's very plausible.

I do know the conversation in Yes Minister about why there are three motorways going from London to Oxford, and none going to Cambridge.

Its good to look back at yes minister and realise it was actually a documentary.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: wlee48868

based on replies, you aren't far from the target.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 09:17 AM
link   
The researchers at Oxford were willing to share their Covid jab research for free to anyone. Untill Bill Gates forced them to monetize it.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 11:06 AM
link   

That was 120 years ago. A lot has changed since then:

"The university is associated with 11 winners of the Nobel Prize in Chemistry, five in physics and 16 in medicine.

"As a modern, research-driven university, Oxford has numerous strengths but cites particular prowess in the sciences, having recently ranked number one in the world for medicine (if its Medical Sciences division was a university in its own right, it would be the fourth largest in the UK) and among the top ten universities globally for life sciences, physical sciences, social sciences, and the arts and humanities."

www.timeshighereducation.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer
Thank you for that information.
I don't think it spoils the key part of my joke. i.e that politics can be seen as a branch of theology.
It just means that Oxford is now supreme over Cambridge in both areas.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 12:09 PM
link   
The OP is an advert from the Oxford University Arts Department trying to demonstrate graduates get employment (thus keep the Russel Group happy) I don't see what it has to do with any of the science departments, especially vaccine research.

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Progressive indoctrination camps. Those dont sound very nice

Look at the type of people they churn out.

Every right wing PM in the last century went to Oxford. It's a breeding ground for Tories and toffs.

Both Boris and ex PM Cameron were in the Bullingdon Club in Oxford who set fire to £50 notes infront of homeless people for their initiation, trashed houses/pubs/restraunts and stuck their dicks in dead pigs. Pretty much every recent front bench Tory was in the Bullingdon Club.

It's not progressive in the slightest, it's famous for it's stong right wing, traditionalist and conservative approach.everything.

Isn't there some ridiculously high % of cabinet ministers who did a single degree type (ppe) at Oxford?

I think it's around 90% did Eton then Oxford.
edit on 25-2-2021 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: bastion
Every right wing PM in the last century went to Oxford. It's a breeding ground for Tories and toffs.

Both Boris and ex PM Cameron were in the Bullingdon Club in Oxford who set fire to £50 notes infront of homeless people for their initiation, trashed houses/pubs/restraunts and stuck their dicks in dead pigs. Pretty much every recent front bench Tory was in the Bullingdon Club.

It's not progressive in the slightest, it's famous for it's stong right wing, traditionalist and conservative approach.everything.

As an Oxford Old Boy myself, though my personal knowledge is very out of date, I think there's truth on both sides of the argument.

Firstly, your examples are all from former students. The dons themselves, the academic staff, have become as left wing as univesities in general have been since the Sixties. That's why Ted Heath was defeated when he stood for election as Chancellor of the University..

Secondly, there is as much left-wing student politics in Oxford as anywhere else. (You need to understand that admissions were never restricted to the privieged classes- Ordinary intelligent people can get there as well). As a mildly conservative student, I was in a decided minority.

I suggest that the student body could be divided roughly as; one-fifth, the privileged who get all the publicity; two-fifths, the left-wing activists; two-fifths, the people in the middle who just want to study and/or get round the shortage-of-girls problem.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Oooh! I didn't know that! Thank you!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

What does acceptance rates mean please?

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Well I bloomin' never! Never thought of that!
Loving this Cambridge v Oxford info!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 04:09 PM
link   
OK, I had to go look it up, the lists of famous people who went to Oxford and Cambridge.
Interestingly Stephen Hawkin is the only one I could find, well, besides knowing personally a mad mathematician who is probably retired as a Professor at Glasgow University,
Famous Oxonians
Famous Cambridgians

Sorry Disraeli, I still prefer the Cambridge list

I watched a documentary years ago which was completely about, or had a part in it, explaining how Oxford Dons got so fed up with the religious basis and their denial of scientific evolution of man that they broke away and formed Cambridge. That was it! Pretty sure it was a series on Darwinism! And that is why I prefer the Cambridge graduates, Cambridge encourages 'outside the box' thinking (look at the list), as opposed to Oxford who seem to base their learning on everything that can be proven by everything that happened in the past. Just look how Boris keeps quoting Greek classics.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
OK, I had to go look it up, the lists of famous people who went to Oxford and Cambridge.
Interestingly Stephen Hawkin is the only one I could find, well, besides knowing personally a mad mathematician who is probably retired as a Professor at Glasgow University,
Famous Oxonians
Famous Cambridgians

Sorry Disraeli, I still prefer the Cambridge list

I watched a documentary years ago which was completely about, or had a part in it, explaining how Oxford Dons got so fed up with the religious basis and their denial of scientific evolution of man that they broke away and formed Cambridge. That was it! Pretty sure it was a series on Darwinism! And that is why I prefer the Cambridge graduates, Cambridge encourages 'outside the box' thinking (look at the list), as opposed to Oxford who seem to base their learning on everything that can be proven by everything that happened in the past. Just look how Boris keeps quoting Greek classics.

Rainbows
Jane

Cambridge University predates Darwin by over 600 years.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel
The separation of Oxford and Cambridge was centuries before the Darwinian debates, so somebody was doing some time-jumping there. The Cambridge speciality was mathematics.

P.S.
The King, observing with judicious eyes
The state of both his universities,
To Oxford sent a troop of horse, and why?
That learned body wanted loyalty;
To Cambridge books, as very well discerning
How much that loyal body wanted learning.

(Attributed to Joseph Trapp)

edit on 25-2-2021 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Maybe there are so many Oxford grads because Bill Clinton was a student for 2 years.
He studied under a Rhodes Scholarship while attending but left under suspect circumstances.

Do the Clinton's still have pull/ power behind the scenes today?

The Clinton foundation fell on hard times during the last administration. I am sure they are itching to get back to business.

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

True it has openned up a lot recently and accepts more people from lower income backgrounds rather than the priot limitins to elite private schools.

Maybe my definition of progressive is wrong but Oxford are the main Uni in the UK fighting for free speech, fighting against cancel culture, deplatforming and wokeism as it's essential to Academic freedom and learning. Other Unis caved in to student demands while Oxford has cancelled any student societies that have attempted to deplatform or cancel speeches from controversial figures.

They rightly hold conferences and guest lectures by holocaust deniers like ex BNP leader Nick Griffin and David Irving as it's essential such people are allowed to hold these debates so others can hear how ridiculous their views are and conduct research into how to tackle them. The Uni I used to work introduced 15 'woke' rules in 2015 that restricted what you were and weren't allowed to say or do on campus.

<< 1    3 >>

join