It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The reason why Religion is put to shame

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Seede
a reply to: Toothache

Everything I said was true, and I'm not referring to all Christians. Congress and white house staff are mostly Christian. Yes, Christians (esp on the right) often try to force their beliefs into law. It's a problem.

I question your judgment as to what is a Christian. A Christian platform of abortion and one world order is not acceptable to the heavenly Father of Jesus. If a one world government was acceptable we would never have had this problem that we see today. This entire USA structure is a sin against God.

Think about what you just said. If Christians were trying to force Christianity upon people then that should tell you that the ones that are the victims are not Christians in the first place. So why should it be a problem if everyone becomes a Christian? Then we would not have your problem if the world became all Christians and quit the killing factory of children, wars, theft, lying, stealing, sexual perversions, and all sorts of ungodly acts that are common place today. The platform of Jesus is none of these things and now rules this world.

So you immediately invoke the No True Scotsman fallacy.

Instead of admitting that Christians, who believe in Jesus, can discriminate and do harmful things at times, you prefer to pretend they are not Christians. Sinning does not make somebody not a Christian.

Not to mention the bible says nothing about abortion whatsoever. Being anti abortion is not pro life, it's anti freedom, and so is the idea of forcing a religion on people to turn them all Christian. Speaking of the bible, the old testament has a harsher punishment for murder than it does for forcing a miscarriage. That pretty much exactly says that abortion is not murder.

Please think about what you just said, and imagine that if instead of Christianity, it was Islam taking over the government and forcing Sharia into law. They could make the same exact argument as you. Freedom matters. Religious people have freedom of religion and non religious people have freedom FROM religion. It's that simple.

edit on 3-5-2021 by Toothache because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-5-2021 by Toothache because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede

Then we would not have your problem if the world became all Christians and quit the killing factory of children, wars, theft, lying, stealing, sexual perversions, and all sorts of ungodly acts that are common place today. The platform of Jesus is none of these things and now rules this world.

lol

curious you left out divorce. is that no longer a no no. serious question.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: St0rD

You have recognised some of the corruption, but your viewpoint is skewed against Christianity in particular because culturally, you have absorbed the most input from Western Christians of various stripes.

I will tell you now that I can see from your writing that you actually have no idea who Jesus is or what He came to do. I never tell anyone they will burn in Hell for not believing, but I would counsel you to imagine a Christ who is supreme over the entire Cosmos, and who does not throw people into Hell for simple disbelief, especially when most disbelief is the result of recognising the corruption of church authorities & the hypocrisy of judgmental ministers of various denominations.

However, He is sovereign over all, and if you were to humbly ask Him (with honesty in your request & trust towards Him as a Heavenly father figure) to reveal His nature to you, you would be very surprised indeed, because you would see that the Almighty God is actually very interested in you as a person, in you as a singular individual - He does not want you to destroy your ego & merge with 'Source' or whatever. He actually wants to help you to live a rich & satisfying life here on Earth, giving you many spiritual gifts (abilities that others do not have), and ultimately to experience the joy of crossing over into a Heaven which He has prepared for YOU, perfect & wonderful in every way, from which you can commune with anyone & everyone as you wish, and of course you will know more & more about God, which is the greatest thing, that infinite illimitable one, full of grace & truth.

"The thief's purpose is to kill, steal & destroy; my purpose is to give you a rich & satisfying life"

John 10:10

"In my Father's house there are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going to prepare a place for you"

John 14:2

Beware the Enemy who comes to snatch truth out of your hand when it has been given to you..

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Instead of admitting that Christians, who believe in Jesus, can discriminate and do harmful things at times, you prefer to pretend they are not Christians. Sinning does not make somebody not a Christian.

There are no Christians unless they believe in Jesus as the Christ. Yes Christians do acts that are sinful and some never repent and are removed from the book of life. If a any person does not repent of a sin and dies in that sin then that person is judged as the Christ Jesus deems justification. There is no such thing as a Christian who is not justified as a Christian.

Unlike yourself, I cannot determine who is or is not a Christian but i can determine sin as a platform and I have the sense to know murder when murder is part of that platform. Baby killing is no different than any other murdering act of taking a life except the method of that murder. I do not need a book to tell me that murder is an abomination with God.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

curious you left out divorce. is that no longer a no no. serious question.

Divorce is covered very plainly in the bible. It can be lengthy and very controversial but also can be answered with the word love. If all people actually lived and had love for each other we would never know adultery or divorce. Divorce among the living comes from sin but yet the victims of divorce can be justified . If a man or a woman were a true loving people and the mate of that man or woman was a scoundrel, the fault would be in the mate who has no love. If both the man and the woman were scoundrel's then the fault would naturally be in both because neither had love.

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Seede
There are no Christians unless they believe in Jesus as the Christ. Yes Christians do acts that are sinful and some never repent and are removed from the book of life. If a any person does not repent of a sin and dies in that sin then that person is judged as the Christ Jesus deems justification. There is no such thing as a Christian who is not justified as a Christian.

Then you agree with me. Christianity is defined by believing in Jesus, not whether one is a sinner. Sinning does not exclude one from the faith. How often do you hear, "We are all sinners," and yet certain "sinners" are treated like outcasts (LGBTQ, atheists, democrats), while others are embraced like big name creationist liars and televangelists like Kent Hovind and Pat Robertson.

Baby killing

The fact that you immediately lie about abortion speaks volumes. A fetus is not a baby, and as I said the punishment for killing an unborn child is LESS than it is for killing a fully developed person IN GOD'S WORD. You have no biblical standing for this view. Murder is unlawful killing with malice. That's not the case with abortion. You value an undeveloped nonconscious clump of cells more than a fully grown conscious animal. How is that justified?

I do not need a book to tell me that murder is an abomination with God.

That statement is irony of the highest caliber.
edit on 5-5-2021 by Toothache because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Then you agree with me. Christianity is defined by believing in Jesus, not whether one is a sinner. Sinning does not exclude one from the faith. How often do you hear, "We are all sinners," and yet certain "sinners" are treated like outcasts (LGBTQ, atheists, democrats), while others are embraced like big name creationist liars and televangelists like Kent Hovind and Pat Robertson.

Naturally one must abide in the Christ Jesus in order to belong to His family. That is only common sense. But that was not the issue in this discussion. The issue here is that one cannot continue a platform of sin and be a Christian. That is impossible. Every person ever procreated has sinned but to cover that sin must repent from continuing to act in that sin.

That is called repenting and that is the only way to become justified. You are mixing cultured law with Christianity and that is not always correct. The ones who continue as well as live in and/or accept LGBTO or Atheism or accept that platform of sin is not a Christian. The doctrine of Jesus forbids that as an abomination to the Father God. Now some political parties can and do accept this abomination but God does not accept it.

The fact that you immediately lie about abortion speaks volumes. A fetus is not a baby, and as I said the punishment for killing an unborn child is LESS than it is for killing a fully developed person IN GOD'S WORD. You have no biblical standing for this view. Murder is unlawful killing with malice. That's not the case with abortion. You value an undeveloped nonconscious clump of cells more than a fully grown conscious animal. How is that justified?

Exo 21:22-24
]22] If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine.
[23] And if any mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life,
[24] Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot,

Can a woman be with child and be hurt so that the child is killed in the woman? How can that be if that which is in the woman is not a procreated human? Moses is the accepted author of this view in Torah. You are confused with cultures once again. Before it became law in the USA to abort "clumps of cells" it was forbidden and regarded as murder. As you are aware it is now accepted by law in this culture to abort children. The act is the same after as before and only the lawyers of this culture determined the validity of that act. Imagine a handful of lawyers taught that the art of murder was Godly. And upon that platform you have accepted that law.

edit on 5-5-2021 by Seede because: added a sentence

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join