It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How far ahead is classified government or deep state technology?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2021 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: CharGreen

With the openness they are committing fraud on all levels seems to indicate they at least think they are untouchable.
My guess is 50 years

posted on Feb, 24 2021 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Dalamax

Perhaps we did not and your hall of records is simple wishful thinking?

As to your blabber mouth comment, what's the problem, did i insult your made-up religion or what not?
x

posted on Feb, 24 2021 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: washy76

A secret new weapon that Trump knows about wont be very secret very long now will it?

""I have built a nuclear, a weapon, I have built a weapon system that nobody’s ever had in this country before.""

I would love to hear the man explain the problems associated with complex weaponry and how he personally solved and mastered there construction and design.

Yosemite.

Cheers for the link all the same.

edit on 24-2-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2021 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Zrtst

The UFO community is or was made up of many different types of people.
Certainly someone like Stanton Friedman who had been exposed to advanced technol;ogy and was quite comfortable disclosing it, did not have any personal guilt or concern that prevented that.
Stanton became interested in UFO's about 1970 when some of the WW1/WW2 technology was being disclosed.
There are versions of Trumps walls that have ears so compartmentalization works both ways.
50 years on many of those folks have passed away or grown weary realizing they are not reaching any new people with their disclosure attempts.

And there is nothing new under the sun.
But some of the star patterns you could zoom into in a dark planetarium were not publicly disclosed by NASA in the 1960's.

As the flying analogies explain we don't really know all the potential risks of disclosure via UFO reporting, E.G. Air Canada Flight 621.

I'm not afraid to admit I'm a retard and just enjoy learning and sharing, but there are many more fragile ego's getting unnecessary exposure to truth they have no hope of comprehending these days.

posted on Feb, 24 2021 @ 08:01 AM
link   
with the talk of the Wakanda black power symbols lately, perhaps we should be inspecting the African continent?

posted on Feb, 24 2021 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Zrtst

I'd be more apt to review the roles Disney assigned to black cultural heritage.
The Tin man crying chocolate syrup in the Wizrd of Oz probably doesn't count.

posted on Feb, 24 2021 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: ICycle2

I would say your about right on paper. Future designs would be about 50 years out so they are looking to about 2070. However whats being tested probably only about 20 years or so. Many of the dvances DARPA uses are from the civilian world.

What they do is set up a project and let companies compete to fill the role. Then you have each branch that ave there own research branch for example the Army Research Laboratory, these tend to modify existing technology. Heres an example:

www.army.mil...

Now things have changed slightly with new organizations such as United States Army Futures Command. There job is to plan for future fighting by implimenting the latest technology.

en.wikipedia.org...

This is what I meant by on paper they will design future combat vehicles for example or get a missile on the drawing board. But they wouldnt produce them they work like DARPA and set up projects and use civilian companies to complete their projects. Every branch does this though odly very rearly work together.

So now on to things in developement they are running about 20 years in advance of curent technology but that is only because they pay for the research companies do. This is how military end up with patents they paid for the research.

Though as a side note you can apply for a patent and the government can decide that it is a national secret which forbids you from even discussing it. For example I can come up with a new super balistic shield and the government can decide its classified and I can no longer even speak of it. This again goes back to whats on paper is about 50 years ahead.

posted on Feb, 24 2021 @ 09:22 AM
link   

200....or further.

The statements been made (search it out) that we are so far along....we can take E.T. home....and that was years ago
edit on 24-2-2021 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2021 @ 09:28 AM
link   

When my old man worked for the DoD I recall him saying during the First Gulf War, as bomb-cams were allowing you to see them fairly precisely target buildings with laser-guided munitions, 'We were working on that decades ago, you'd be really impressed with what we're working on now', referring to GPS guided munitions.

edit on 24-2-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer

posted on Feb, 24 2021 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

That statement was used as a joke to end a speech, and since it went off so well, he kept using it.

posted on Feb, 24 2021 @ 09:36 AM
link   
There are areas where the military bleeding edge out strips civilian tech, but not by the commonly heard 50+ years. People working on the cutting edge are still using things that are years behind what's out in the civilian world. I've heard more than one complaint that there was software that would make things much easier to do their job, but they can't use it because it hasn't been through certification by the Pentagon.

posted on Feb, 24 2021 @ 09:55 AM
link   

My experience is that private industry is usually 5-10 years ahead, and that the governmentmilitary only adopts these things after a lengthy approval process.= by which time the technology is old but proven.

Take the F22, it's technologically obsolete by most measures, and was obsolete at least 5 years ago. But because most other world governmentsmilitary are similarly out of date it's still the most advanced thing on the battle field.

If I remember my UFO lore, wasn't the government supposed to be farming most of the wreckage investigation out to private companies in the first place? So if anything private industry is leading the way with advanced technology and the government only gets the bits once they've been fully reverse engineered and scaled down for mass production.

posted on Feb, 24 2021 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
There are areas where the military bleeding edge out strips civilian tech, but not by the commonly heard 50+ years. People working on the cutting edge are still using things that are years behind what's out in the civilian world. I've heard more than one complaint that there was software that would make things much easier to do their job, but they can't use it because it hasn't been through certification by the Pentagon.

Given that the US military outsources so much of its research, isn't it more the case that civilian companies are decades ahead and the military only gets things once they have been perfected and proved and are ready for mass production?

Take a look at DARPA, isn't that more or less just a management body for people from MIT?

posted on Feb, 24 2021 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

Technically, but a lot of the research they're doing in that case is for the military, and will become military tech, so it falls under the umbrella of military technology. That's actually how a lot of it moves from the military to the civilian world. They sign an agreement that after x amount of time, they can release a dumbed down version of the same technology.

posted on Feb, 24 2021 @ 12:33 PM
link   
What's the old saying?

'If you can imagine it, it exists somewhere.'

The tech we 'actually' have is limited only by how many intergalactic laws and human rights they are prepared to steam roll over to borrow that # from self-serving space criminals. They've been warned to knock that # off but havent yet.

A lot of our advanced stuff is merely old earth tech refitted with anti-grav tech. A lot of our secret Space Force are old WW2 german submarines. Subs are perfect for space. They are working on some direction solar flare based prioject right now. Supposedly to deal with asteroids, but a weapon basically.

So all the toys they are not supposed to have yet in exchange for allowing human snatching and dodgy e.t. bases, is about the state of it. Plus some really dodgy stargate time travel stuff they should not be playing around with.

We are pretty far beyond noise cancelling headphones and TR3 Black Mantas I reckon. This could all escalate into our extinction if we aren't careful.

We are playing with fire.

posted on Feb, 24 2021 @ 12:38 PM
link   

What do you think about a supposed Breakaway Society that broke off as early as the American Civil War?

I've heard that theory tossed out and things like the Sonoran airclub in the late 1800s.

Maybe theres always been a breakaway society as long as we known history and perhaps they are the mythical gods and teachers of civilization, idk its fun to speculate though.

posted on Feb, 24 2021 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Ive read all all that stuff Lysergic.

Smashing stories, but probobly just that.

Unless they made pals with the Mt Shasta mob and swapped there air ships for silver disks.

Its great stuff to spit-bail all the same.

posted on Feb, 24 2021 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I can say from my time in the Navy and working in various types of specialized fields that we do have the technology for basically unmanned autonomous everything. Some of it has been publicized. Like the unmanned warships, tanks, and UAVs that can travel through space, air, and sea.

The SR-71 was breaking the 2000 mph barrier back in the mid-sixties. With one pilot claiming to have pushed it to Mach 3.5, or approximately 2685 mph.

The BrahMas-2 missile is projected to be able to exceed Mach 8, or just over 6000 mph

The SR-72 is an pilot optional concept but is expected to be able to reach just above Mach 19, roughly 14,500mph.

Use that for imagination fuel.

I would say though that the gap between what is being held in secret and what is public knowledge is narrowing in my opinion, based off what I have seen.

I haven't seen any large scale teleportation machines or time machines, but hey, it is what it is.

From what I've seen a lot of the UFO stuff has always been military/government funded technology. Video releases or captures are just to mess with other nations. Like "Look what we have," or "We know what you have."

Or just messing with pilots like in the tic tac video.

A lot of this technology we're seeing now is stuff that has been around for decades. It's only getting faster and better.

Heck, there's self-interference cancellation and simultaneous transmit and receive systems have been toyed around with for decades and have only been put into use in the past decade. The Army is just now looking into SIC and STAR systems for comms capabilities, while the Navy has had such subsystems on the Ford since the beginning of the last decade.
edit on 2422021 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2021 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
I personally have no first hand testimony other than witnessing what looked like future tech in the air a couple times,

Aircracft technology is more noticeable inside the cockpit than from the outside. I've seen all kinds of unconventional aircraft that look futuristic with very crude flight controls. Look at the Chinese mil aircrafts lol.... It's what inside that counts the most.

Also note: The military/gov tech we have now could be concealed for at least 100 years... but that doesn't mean they're 100 years ahead of civil tech. Most of that tech wouldn't be trusted for civil use.

posted on Feb, 24 2021 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I think the boom in technology really came just soon after WWII once we got access to the German scientists. I believe that we’re have been lied to and had huge amounts of technology hidden from us for various reasons mainly economically having to deal with oil and how it drives the petro dollar.

My personal belief is we have stuff being used that is 100 years ahead of anything released to the public. It’s my belief that we get new tech released to us once it becomes obsolete to the military and gov.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join