It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How far ahead is classified government or deep state technology?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 06:43 PM
link   
How far ahead would you guess is government or deep state technology that they keep classified, and may release at a later time?
50, 100, maybe even 200 years?

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 06:51 PM
link   

I have no clue.

Rail guns in space?

Space navy?

Lasers? Sharks with lasers?

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 06:57 PM
link   
At first, I heard fifty years ahead. Then, I heard 30 years ahead. Now, I'm not sure.

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 07:00 PM
link   
That is, of course, impossible to tell, though there are plenty of rumors afoot that suggest huge time frames. But it kind of begs the question because how do they know how far ahead they are? When you hear, "The military is 500 years ahead of civilian technology" I judge that as purely speculative and not taking exponential advances into consideration at all. For example, if the military had cell phones in 1960, would they have claimed they were 100 years ahead? Well, (using this fake scenario) they would have been 30 or so, not 100.

If you are talking known advances, such as the SR-71, which we now know about, then that 30 year scenario actually works. By the time we civilians knew of it, it was already headed for retirement.

One of the things that happens here is an original invention or breakthrough is a lot harder than copying or reverse engineering. The A-bomb secret didn't last long. That's because others knew it could be done, so all they had to do was persevere, steal some secrets, and they caught up. "Our" technology was really not that far ahead of "theirs" and was based on mutually known principles. Now getting to anti-gravity drives may be a lot harder, but still, we know it can be done and (apparently) we have some craft to model our reverse engineering on.

That is, if you believe all that stuff.

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I don’t think they’re anymore advanced than what’s publicly known about.

It’s just a bluff, back up by incredible wealth.

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: CharGreen

Lets just say TR-3B/Black Manta Mach 50 plus mumbo-jumbo is probably exactly just that.

Same with any breakaway civilisation type scenario given the time and resources it would take to hide any trace of technology, at least in our own neighbourhood or backyard.
edit on 23-2-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I will personally weigh in on the topic on just the area that I know.

In 1989, we were testing things in the computer realm that I have not yet seen in the private sector in 2021.

Take what you will from that.

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 07:33 PM
link   

The antikythera mechanism broadens the spectrum of whats possible with technology today.

If that thing really is 2,000+ years old, evidently we're quite retarded in comparison.

Hard to determine if putting trust in a liar.

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 07:35 PM
link   

First you need to prove that the government has much more advanced tech.

Good luck.

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Rail guns on ships.

Bullet trains

Lasers on ships

Microwave guns

Those things are known.

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I'm not sure how far they are ahead of the common man with their hi tech but I just about bet you money they could drop any of us where we sit if they needed to. And no telling what else. I've always heard 50 years.
I imagine they keep some things hid much longer than other things for a good reason.

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Was there not a near enough magical file compression technique that failed to materialise around the end of the 90s or turn of the millennium if memory serves?

And i imagine we are further along the the lines in the way of artificial intelligence and the like, or that "they" care to admit.

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharGreen
How far ahead would you guess is government or deep state technology that they keep classified, and may release at a later time?

How many years ahead would you consider free limitless energy, cures for all ailments, time travel and faster than light travel? 1,000, 10,000? Yeah, that.

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Well, I'm sitting here watching a live stream from Mars. No telling.

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77

originally posted by: CharGreen

How many years ahead would you consider free limitless energy, cures for all ailments, time travel and faster than light travel? 1,000, 10,000? Yeah, that.

First you must separate fact from fantasy. Of course, with science fiction you need not prove anything.

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 07:48 PM
link   

You mean the tech that the government has? Or tech that the government has reverse engineered and can actually use?

What they have and can use is about ten to twenty years ahead. More than enough history and projects to back that number up.

As for what they are in possession of, but might not be able to figure out.... remember that Lazar claims what he saw and worked with at S-4 (Area 51) was more like 1000 years ahead.

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Was there not a near enough magical file compression technique that failed to materialise around the end of the 90s or turn of the millennium if memory serves?

And i imagine we are further along the the lines in the way of artificial intelligence and the like, or that "they" care to admit.

If I had been a betting person back then, I would have thought that the private sector would have caught up at around the year 2000 or so.

Oddly enough, that did not materialize.

The 2:30 AM conspiracy theory part of me puts Gates and his military contracts at the center of the halt in private sector advancement.

Well, KNOWN private sector advancement... those advances were working both ways at one time and now they "seemingly" do not.

~shrug~

ETA... I may need to differentiate between "private sector" and the "consumer industry".

What the unwashed masses can purchase.

edit on 23-2-2021 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 08:14 PM
link   

I seem to remember this stuff called Starlite popping up on a show called Tomorrow's World when i was a kid.

en.wikipedia.org...

If that stuff really did what it said on Maurice Wards tin it may enable the construction of future hypersonic vehicles given the temperatures that they generate in our atmosphere at such a velocity.

Apparently it was based around a concoction of organic polymers and co-polymers with both organic and inorganic additives, including but not limited to simple bicarbonate of soda.

Allegedly the Mans family are still in possession of his recipe.

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Germanium was discovered in 1886 and Tesla was listening to the storms on Jupiter, cosmic noise and maybe more at his Colorado lab in 1899. They may have concealed some physics to prevent proliferation, and never even tried to secure a program for development.

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I personally have no first hand testimony other than witnessing what looked like future tech in the air a couple times, but I have noticed a (general) slowdown in technological innovation in my lifetime, as well as scuttlebutt about amazing new tech that never is spoken of again; and would guess many (MANY) innovations have been suppressed due to money, control and "state security"... but see the first two reasons for truth.

The handful of credible stories about certain simple gasoline engine advancements and the inventor's subsequent death and/ or disappearance informs us of quite a bit. Add safe, simple, cheap medical techniques that are suppressed via media and regulation and many conspiracies appear less daft.

Hearing the couple of school friends who went into intelligence and engineering and are nearly bursting to talk about the amazing stuff they've been exposed to (no, they didn't break their NDAs) and it makes one think that the "conspiracy" scuttlebutt has some amount of truth... that is then polluted with absolute horse crap to effectively confuse the issue.

So, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if we had incredible, convenient, fun, life extending and saving technology being kept under-wraps from the masses ...as why would the few enable the many to be free and happy? It might disrupt whole industries.. .and we couldn't have that... could we?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join