It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liquid silver

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: CrazyWater

Umm never heard of having to be careful with honey.
But I'm out gunned by credentials so I can't argue. But I
like to carry anything with more than one purpose. Salt
is another good one. Sandwich bag no weight fits anywhere
good for an untold number of uses. Toothaches so on and on.
edit on 23-2-2021 by Randyvine because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Randyvine

Yep, ALL honey can work to an extent, but quite literally it has been shown that Manuka Honey is really really really effective for wounds and wound packing, its also SUPER tasty you should give it a try!

Salt
is another good one. Sandwich bag no weight fits anywhere
good for an untold number of uses. Toothaches so on and on.

yes absolutely im with you on that, I actually have a little spice carrier thing i got for my bug out bag, its amazing what flavor can do to boost morale in bad situations.

Mental health is just as important!

its very; much like this

edit on 23-2-2021 by CrazyWater because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: CrazyWater

Manuka I'll have it in my truck with me!

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrazyWater
a reply to: SeaWorthy

t is the only thing they used in the old days for surgeries

This is absolutely NOT true.

If you want to use it fine, but please dont be spreading things that are untrue about this stuff. It could get someone killed

absolutely NOT true

LOL!! Kidding me I assume! Get them killed! The worse thing any claim has made is silver can make you blue if you use a whole lot of it over time!

Chronic ingestion or inhalation of silver preparations (especially colloidal silver) can lead to argyria in the skin and other organs. This is not life-threatening, but is considered by most to be cosmetically undesirable

I have used it my whole life and so has every single person I know! I make the particles smaller with bubblers, it is nearly free to make that is their problem with silver!

Civil War surgeons used silver nitrate as a tool to treat venereal disease, eye infections, skin ulcers and infected wounds. Today, we know that silver nitrate has anti-microbial properties, but in the 19th century doctors noted that silver nitrate seemed to be effective in treating those issues.

The use of silver and other metal ions for their sustained anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-viral effects have been practiced for a long time. Such effects are generally referred as oligodynamic action. Recent studies have focused on the synthesis of homogenous silver nanoparticles (NPs) and evaluation of their antimicrobial activities (1, 2). Silver ion has been known to be effective against a broad range of microorganisms. Silver NPs with higher surface to volume ratio compared to common metallic silver have shown better antimicrobial activity. Due to unique biological properties of silver NPs such as biocompatibility and anti-bacterial affinity they have been applied for various medical purposes such as implants, catheters, and healing of wounds (3, 4).

The most prominent nanoparticles for medical uses are nanosilver particles which are famous for their high anti-microbial activity. Silver ion has been known as a metal ion that exhibit anti-mold, anti-microbial and anti-algal properties for a long time. In particular, it is widely used as silver nitrate aqueous solution which has disinfecting and sterilizing actions. The purpose of this study was to evaluate the antimicrobial activity as well as physical properties of the silver nanoparticles prepared by chemical reduction method.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Who is spreading ignorance?

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Not trying to convince you of anything... just sharing my experience and best information about colloidal silver.

Personally, I will not be without it, and I actually have it/use it in several forms, from liquid to gel to soap, to prevent and treat infections. And I have for years. My niece will tell you that when all the doctor's meds couldn't help her get past Covid lungs over weeks -- including hydrochloroquine -- colloidal silver did it overnight. But as I understand it, the thing about silver is that it must directly reach the point of infection. I have found it to be a powerful topical antiseptic for cuts and burns, for treating external infections, particularly antibiotic resistant infections such as MRSA. It's been effective for me internally for treating infections involving the digestive tract, such as food poisoning, or even kidney and bladder infections.

For a survival kit, I would be more concerned about possible breakage than about the weight. A little silver goes a long long way so you wouldn't need much. But for most internal infections, I would prefer to pack something like olive leaf extract or oregano if you're going natural, or amoxicillin if you want prescription meds. I would be more likely to include a bar(s) of silver soap, and/or silver gel, which would both be valuable for external wounds, and easier to pack/travel.
edit on 23-2-2021 by Boadicea because: spelling

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I suggest you read this page if you want to know about silver.

History of the Medical Use of Silver
July 2009Surgical Infections 10(3):289-92
DOI: 10.1089/sur.2008.9941
SourcePubMed

www.researchgate.net...

Results: Silver has been used for at least six millennia to prevent microbial infections. It has been effectiveagainst almost all organisms tested and has been used to treat numerous infections and noninfectious conditions,sometimes with striking success. Silver also has played an important role in the development of radiology and inimproving wound healing.Conclusion: Silver was the most important antimicrobial agent available before the introduction of antibiotics

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Doubt all you like, I swear by mine and it was $15.00
You ever suffer arthritis in the future, and I hope you don’t
Take a chance

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: KTemplar

It is good for wounds, and not toxic.

Throwing my two cents in here about something being good for wounds...

Tobacco.

Doesn't weigh much, is good for years, is easy to grow, acts as not only a poultice on a cut or burn but is also an antibiotic, topical anesthetic and a good remedy for a toothache.

Also good for insect or snake bites, skin rashes, rheumatism...

As a gardener I use it as a tea for an organic general insect repellent.

You can also barter it.

Personally I'd leave the silver behind.

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 07:50 PM
link   
www.winchesterhospital.org › article
Silver | Winchester Hospital
Silver. Colloidal Silver. Introduction. Silver is a metal that can kill bacteria and germs. Because of this, it has been used to promote healing and fight infection in wounds and burns. Silver can be applied as a gel or cream. It can also be used .

en.m.wikipedia.org › wiki › Medica...
Medical uses of silver - Wikipedia
colloidal silver use in hospitals from en.m.wikipedia.org
Many modern hospitals filter hot water through copper-silver filters to defeat MRSA and legionella infections. :29 The World Health Organization (WHO) includes silver in a colloidal state produced by electrolysis of silver electrodes ...
__________'''________""___

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
Use of Silver in the Prevention and Treatment of Infections: Silver Review
by AD Politano · 2013 · Cited by 131 · Related articles
The beneficial effects of silver in reducing or preventing infection have been seen in the topical treatment of burns and chronic wounds and in its use as a coating for many medical devices. However, silver has been unsuccessful in certain applications, such as the Silzone heart valve.

___________'________"______

People have been drinking from silver cups for 100s of years.. Maybe why the wealthy never get ill..

I've used the silver for few years on myself and my two cats,. Good stuff..

edit on 23-2-2021 by wlee48868 because: Note

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I would skip the colloidal silver in a bug out situation.

I am not sure of any powder but as a homebrewer, I can whole heartedly recommend iodophor iodine as a concentrated sanitizer. You can add it to water to kill anything in there; you can “soak things orange” to kill any microbes on the surface; and get your iodine as it soaks into your skin. It is what hospitals use just before the knife. You can put it in smaller bottles but it is already concentrated and needs some dilution.

Anyway, just about anything edible will be good for you, in small amounts, it is really about dropping all dead weight (like eff the TV! Grab a gun and run!)

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Randyvine

Manuka is good honey but it super expensive and the rating system of it's strength seems to be all over the place.

A good quality buckwheat honey is way cheaper and almost just as good, no rating needed.
You know it's good because it's super dark with an equally strong odor.

One study from University of Illinois found buckwheat honey with tea increased antioxidants levels in the body. And a meta-study on honey showed that it has the highest levels of antioxidants among all types of honey.

edit on 23-2-2021 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

I have room for both says pooh bear.

posted on Feb, 24 2021 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Oh, yeah, I agree! Just pointing out that it's different from colloidal silver and not as widely used as it once was.

I have silver nitrate sticks in my kit. Good for cauterizing. They were like $30 for a tube of 100 on Amazon maybe six years ago. Not sure what they run now.

Just good ol' H202. Easy to keep and carry. Multiple uses. If you have enough of it you cook it down for other useful things too.

a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Sounds like a solid plan.

Darwin disapproves of this post.

It stays in your system forever, so even if consumed over time or all at once the effect is still the same.

posted on Feb, 24 2021 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Now that would be a fantastic substance to have in a bob if it does all that.
The munuke honey is way to expensive. I can't even afford to buy enough to test.

But tobacco in non cigarette form is cheap enough.

I remember when I was attacked by a nest of hornets. I ran from them a long ways but was poisoned so much that I passed out in a big b drug store. I had gone in to ask the pharmacist for help. When I woke up he was standing there giving me a tube of this bee sting pain medicine for free, That's when he told me to get some cigarettes and rub small amounts of tobacco on the dozens and dozens of bee stings. He said it would draw out the poison.
And it did. Literally drew out a clear liquid from the sting bumps. Made them feel tons better.

If I had been allergic to bees I would be dead right now.

posted on Feb, 24 2021 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Bees and hornets are different all the same.

Hornets are type of wasp and individual hornets can sting repeatedly unlike most honey bees.

Must have been a nasty experience all the same.

If you had been allergic anaphylactic shock may indeed have killed you depending on severity of any allergy and amount of times stung.

posted on Feb, 24 2021 @ 03:45 PM
link   
although the silver won’t kill you, what ever condition you are trying to cure with silver might just kill you because your faith is placed in woo. I don’t doubt your silver works well for you for whatever it is you use it for. Everyone knows silver has functions it’s why is was used for eating utensils. Yet peddling & advocating homemade colloidal silver could get someone killed. I know you don’t want to see it that way well...because you and everyone you know and what not know better right?

I think you missed the point, silver won’t kill you, but believing silver might save you on the other hand might just get you killed.

posted on Feb, 24 2021 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Alexander The Great traveled with silver lined water jugs because it was known even then that silver kept the water from going bad.

Bacteria finds it very difficult to replicate on a silver surface. So there are uses for silver in a survival situation.

posted on Feb, 24 2021 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

History of the Medical Use of Silver
July 2009Surgical Infections 10(3):289-92
DOI: 10.1089/sur.2008.9941
SourcePubMed
www.researchgate.net...

posted on Feb, 24 2021 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

think you missed the point, silver won’t kill you, but believing silver might save you on the other hand might just get you killed.

You just refuse to either read up on the subject or listen to people with life long experience on the subject what do we call that?

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I'm a Tobacco guy too as you could say from my Tobacco salad thread here
I'm still sceptical about the antimicrobial activity of it otherwise people chewing Tobacco would be tooth decay free.

Metal ions are more effective than nano particles. I've found that from researching DIY zinc citrate against coronavirus infections. Copper is effective too. The ions are too strong tho. You can get copper poisoning from the green copper oxide layer or distillation still aparatus. That's what people say anyway. Silver nitrate is literally eating flesh as mentioned which is another name for cauterizing.
Remember that silver is a noble metal. Hard to dissolve, hard to get rid of from body. Platinosis can kill you. Get it on your skin while recycling your catalitic converter and it's like mercury poisoning. It's the big chunks far from nano size from your DIY electrolysis that turn you blue. The ions are better. I've read a paper saying it's hundred fold more effective, more antimicrobial but you better have a reducing and capping agent like the leaf extract in the vid I posted. Then you'll get molecule-sized particles AFAIK

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join