It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our wonderful leaders like this interpretation of The Bhagavad Gita way too much

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Our wonderful leaders like The Bhagavad Gita a bit too much. So basically Prince Arjuna is about to start a battle but has doubts and misgivings as he recognises several of the opposing army as friends and family. Krishna turns up and informs Prince Arjuna that it’s ok to kill these people as their souls are immortal! So Prince Arjuna goes to war without restraint. I think that our wonderful chicken hawk leaders like this a bit too much; particularly when they don’t have to go right now and die in this particular transitory lifetime. I know the Hindu mythology is way deeper than this trite rendition but I believe this is how it is misused and interpreted.

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: washy76

Or, we can look to our Catholic forefathers and muse; "Kill them all and let God sort it out".

propertarianinstitute.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 12:33 PM
link   

You give our wonderful leaders to much credit. They wouldn't know the Bhagavad Gita from can of Coors light.
Are you a reincarnation of Ben Paulides by any chance?

great topic btw, reminds me of the old ATS before it morphed into a rightwing star and flag circlejerk.

edit on 23-2-2021 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Listen, the Gita is VASTLY more than your cursory description. It, much like other great works, is steeped in metaphor, allegory etc...

It has very little to do with your apparent understanding of the subject...frankly, a good understanding of the Gita would be a "highlight" in a leader as is familiarity with the Bible and philosophical works.

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 03:24 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
Listen, the Gita is VASTLY more than your cursory description. It, much like other great works, is steeped in metaphor, allegory etc...

It has very little to do with your apparent understanding of the subject...frankly, a good understanding of the Gita would be a "highlight" in a leader as is familiarity with the Bible and philosophical works.

Cool

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Machiaveli more like it, but I've heard it up there with the Mahabrata, even though havent read it. It been even said that the Nazis would have to read the Gita, even before live combat, like a prayer.

There is believe in Hinduism, called Kali Yuga an the final carnation of Vishnu, an that it about the leaders of the world becoming a threat to their said servants.
edit on 23-2-2021 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

Karma, plus being born rich or poor meant you deserved it, when it came some of the dogmas that followed the believe and the idea of reincarnation cycles when it comes to Hinduism.

I like Farmers too!!!

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Their religion is "do what that wilt - that shall be the whole of the law".
It's not an Indian religion ::hint::

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

You give our wonderful leaders to much credit. They wouldn't know the Bhagavad Gita from can of Coors light.

great topic btw, reminds me of the old ATS before it morphed into a rightwing star and flag circlejerk.

EDIT: Not going to debase myself to this member's level so will remove my harsh words from this post.

But my point still stands.

MODS, come on now, why is this allowed to stand?? The quoted member is besmirching dead relatives, of a member here that last I knew, brought viewership and participation of from his following to this site, I might add.
edit on 23-2-2021 by SleeperHasAwakened because: Not sinking to this member's level

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: SleeperHasAwakened

originally posted by: olaru12

EDIT: Not going to debase myself to this member's level so will remove my harsh words from this post.

But my point still stands.

MODS, come on now, why is this allowed to stand?? The quoted member is besmirching dead relatives, of a member here that last I knew, brought viewership and participation of from his following to this site, I might add.

It was in bad taste, I'm sorry and meant no disrespect to Ben or David who I hold Mr. Paulides in highest regard for his work on a very worthy subject. It was just a poorly worded reference to the Hare Krishna religion. Mea Culpa...
edit on 23-2-2021 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=25779489]olaru12[/post
Not a fan of cancel culture but your Paulides remark would get you there, especially after watching his YouTube remarks this week

posted on Feb, 24 2021 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Who is Mr Paulides?

is there a thread that some could kindly link to?
Pretty please? He seems worthy of the read.
a reply to: Zrtst

posted on Feb, 24 2021 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I’m not convinced any of our leaders have actually read a book. Let alone that one.

I for one welcome the coming of the next Kalpic cycle.
edit on 2422021 by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2021 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I heard the very hungry caterpillar is a presidential favourite.
a reply to: Ohanka

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Maybe these elites are just humans like the rest of us with all there foibles only they are hyper powered. And any way you cut its us plebs voted for them anyway. The public often give them a hard rap which is due...so we should blame ourselves for not making Noam Chomsky king! I hear there are angel feathers sprouting out his back and he ain't even sublimed yet!

new topics

top topics

join