It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advice for Anxiety

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Thank you thank you, I'm going to try some of those!!!

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Hormonal changes brought on anxiety attacks as I got older. Doctors of course wanted to give me prescription medication but I found an alternative.

I started using Kratom about five years ago and it works perfect for me. You can use it daily or when you have an episode. I use it daily, but it can be addictive. It does not suppress respiratory function so if you take too much it just makes you nauseated.

It is not legal in a few states so just make sure it is legal in your state😉

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

You mention deaths in family, personal health issues, possibly Covid.

I would suggest trying to narrow down the triggers to your anxiety attacks. Also you mention caffeine - that never helps anxiety but isn't a likely underlying cause.

If you can find what triggers the more intense anxiety, you can better know how to treat it.

Unfortunately there is no blanket answer. Unless you want to drown yourself in alcohol and/or medications (please don't).

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Thank you all for your advice and kind words.
It is very hard to be vulnerable when you are not used to being that way.

I've reached out to my Dr. and am getting help.

I am also taking a lot of the advice on here.
A kind member mentioned some Essential oils. I actually had some and used them and it did help greatly.
I think some people think it's woo woo, or silly. There is more to it than I believe we know.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 04:19 PM
link   

So glad they did

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 11:04 AM
link   
yes....Magnesium is not easily absorbed.. This formula is designed to have a better bioavailability . I use It and sleep hard.a reply to: JAGStorm

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I use a lot of tools to manage ... most learned over the last three years.

Having a routine helps me feel more in control of life ... I get up and eat, exercise, shower, read ... doing these things every day reduces my stress. Not to mention that exercise burns cortisol the stress hormone so exercise will continue working for 24 hours or more.

Going somewhere new that makes you nervous try using google maps to get a sense of the area, the layout of the building...etc.

When I go somewhere I plan 10 min at least to sit in the car chillin' out when I get there and when I return to the car.

Breathwork someone mentioned I think.

I use earphones sometimes ... when the noise is too much I have wireless earbuds that accompany me everywhere ... music is something that I use quite often.

I also use a mantra to hack my parasympathetic nervous system.

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Yoga Nidra is amazing for stress, including ptsd......it is being used by war veterans.

This deeply relaxed state is the parasympathetic nervous system (PNS) in full force. The PNS is the relaxation response and it’s crucial for healing. The body can’t begin to repair and restore itself, to heal, until we move out of the stress response, which is the sympathetic nervous system (SNS), and into the parasympathetic nervous system.

uniteforher.org...

Here is the one I use.

Just 20 minutes long.

More info:

Researchers have documented physiologic and neurologic activity that distinguishes yoga nidra from relaxation and meditation. As a result, Parker et al (2013) proposed the following definition: “Yoga nidra represents a state in which an individual demonstrates all the symptoms of deep, non-REM sleep, including delta brain waves, while simultaneously remaining fully conscious.” This yoga sleep is being used to treat not only PTSD in military veterans but also a range of other conditions, including anxiety, depression, stress, substance use, grief, and insomnia/sleep disorders, according to the Integrative Restoration Institute.
Social Work Today - Yoga Nidra Guides Exploration of Body, Emotion, and Belief
www.socialworktoday.com...
edit on 1-3-2021 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: Bigbrooklyn
Try ZMX... a reply to: JAGStorm

Is that a magnesium supplement?

That's what my sister takes for anxiety, a magnesium supplement called "Calm" available as a mixable powder or gummies. She says it works, but she's weird.

I have a longtime friend who suffered for years from panic attacks to the point he was largely home confined for quite a while. He took various prescribed meds that seemed to help.

After my first time in college I suddenly started having severe anxiety attacks when attempting to go in public. I worked through it on my own, with the help of self medication, breathing, and mental techniques. Took a few years, but I got past it.

<< 1  2   >>

join