It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York's brilliant leadership

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 08:32 AM
link   
NYC is on the ropes. The federal govt is going to have to bail out DeBlasio to the tune of billions. And billions.

The scale of the financial catastrophe currently facing state and local governments is so immense that it boggles the imagination.

Overpaid govt employess are nothing new, but when you have an army of them, it adds up.

Businesses are going by the wayside faster than you can count 'em. Crime is surging. Serious violent crime.

What's mayor DeBlasio's answer? Of course! Dancing!

I've said before that DeBlasio and NY governor Cuono are nuts.
They are both clinically insane. We are living in an era where crazy people are running entire states and major cities.

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

I sent both of them a fruit basket because all of the people leaving NYC are moving out by me and jacking up the property values. Homes are selling in days for well over asking price so good job you two potato heads.

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I sent both of them a fruit basket because all of the people leaving NYC are moving out by me and jacking up the property values. Homes are selling in days for well over asking price so good job you two potato heads.

lol...Your comment reminded me of this Cuomo meme!

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Yeah, it's no joke, the house around the way from me sold in three days, there were nothing but New York license plates in front for the open house and they got $175,000 over asking price. It's nuts.

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Unless you plan on moving soon, you might regret the high property taxes that are sure to come along with the exodus to your areas.

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Unless you plan on moving soon, you might regret the high property taxes that are sure to come along with the exodus to your areas.

Higher, they're already high. I can buy you a nice sedan every year with what I pay in property taxes.

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Higher, they're already high. I can buy you a nice sedan every year with what I pay in property taxes.

I used to live in Illinois, believe me when I say I understand what property taxes could pay for.
For many there, taxes are right on edge of becoming more than their actual mortgage!
edit on 22-2-2021 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 08:52 AM
link   

For many there taxes are right on edge of becoming more than their actual mortgage!

I've been past that point for some time now.

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 08:54 AM
link   

For many there taxes are right on edge of becoming more than their actual mortgage!

Ohh that sucks! I guess it does remove any notion that we really “own” the house we are in.
At least they still let us paint and decorate it like we want.

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 08:59 AM
link   

I'm on the historic register so there's some qualifiers with that too.

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I'm on the historic register so there's some qualifiers with that too.

Ohh nice, you must have a little gem!

I miss old house woodwork, attention to detail, and the overall quality of old homes.
I once lived in a very old house. There was an electrical fire.
The plaster walls were so well built and
insulated, it put the fire out before it could spread. Try that in today's houses.

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Yeah, it's nice, I posted a few pics here and there of the work that I've done.

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Augustus and Jag,

I want to respond to your comments in a way that mayor deBlasio would be proud, so if I can get my webcam working, I'll reply via interpretive dance.

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
Augustus and Jag,

I want to respond to your comments in a way that mayor deBlasio would be proud, so if I can get my webcam working, I'll reply via interpretive dance.

Don't forget to double mask.

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
NYC is on the ropes. The federal govt is going to have to bail out DeBlasio to the tune of billions. And billions.

The scale of the financial catastrophe currently facing state and local governments is so immense that it boggles the imagination.

Overpaid govt employess are nothing new, but when you have an army of them, it adds up.

Businesses are going by the wayside faster than you can count 'em. Crime is surging. Serious violent crime.

What's mayor DeBlasio's answer? Of course! Dancing!

I've said before that DeBlasio and NY governor Cuono are nuts.
They are both clinically insane. We are living in an era where crazy people are running entire states and major cities.

I still think its all part of the plan for grabbing real estate at rock bottom prices for TPTB

DeBlasio's answer ... is about as useless as this video.

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
I still think its all part of the plan for grabbing real estate at rock bottom prices for TPTB

I think it would be a good long term play since you can get office/retail/residential properties on the cheap.

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

#1 Get rid of baby boomers (this is beneficial two fold, no pension, and real estate)
#2 Scare their kids (middle aged people) from living in the city
#3 Buy up the city property cheap
#4 Wait for Covid to resolve
#5 Sell/rent city property to the grandkids of baby boomers for elevated prices.

We've seen this on a smaller scale on most coastal areas that get hurricanes.
Florida is a perfect example.
Storm comes in, people swear they will never live there again. Developers buy land/properties cheap and hold on.
People always,............always come back...
For NY and other cities, Covid is merely a hurricane for some opportunity for others...
edit on 22-2-2021 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

You forgot the part where they turn office buildings into tenement housing

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 12:09 PM
link   
The U.S. Treasury is on the verge of full looting 🚨

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Ohh that sucks! I guess it does remove any notion that we really “own” the house we are in.

*Laughs in HOA*

new topics

top topics

join