It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Non - Alcoholic Tinctures

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all

originally posted by: Trueman

originally posted by: FyreByrd
a reply to: Trueman

By definition:

Tinctures are concentrated herbal extracts that have alcohol as the solvent.

If you are using vinegar, glycerine, only water (water used to dilute alcohol is fine), or any menstruum (solvent) other than alcohol, your preparation is an extract, but it is not a tincture.

blog.mountainroseherbs.com...#:~:text=Tinctures%20are%20concentrated%20herbal%20extracts.,not%20all%20extracts%20are%20t inctures!&text=If%20you%20are%20using%20vinegar,it%20is%20not%20a%20tincture.

Therefore you can't have a Tincture without alcohol.

Correct.

Now please explain the differences and what they mean in terms of delivery methods.

All I want to find out is if the ones made with glycerine are effective.

I have to wait for the results, about 6 weeks.

Cool....I get you....but understand that Glycerine and Alcohol do different things.....especially in terms of delivery method....and it is very important to understand delivery methods when considering how to treat one-self.

Different carriers and body conduits give you different uptake speeds and levels.

Effective at drawing out the remedies good things INTO the product ?....or effective at delivering those good things INTO the body?

I agree with you. One important reason to research different methods is the effectiveness.

I also plan to test other methods without glycerine or alcohol.

One important point to take in consideration is the health condition of the person, sugars and alcohol are not good for some people.

I wish I could spend more resources and time in my research, I really believe soon this type of knowledge will be a survival factor.

It'll be useful to have stored medicines with a 2 to 5 years shelf life.

posted on Feb, 24 2021 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd
a reply to: Trueman

By definition:

Tinctures are concentrated herbal extracts that have alcohol as the solvent.

If you are using vinegar, glycerine, only water (water used to dilute alcohol is fine), or any menstruum (solvent) other than alcohol, your preparation is an extract, but it is not a tincture.

blog.mountainroseherbs.com...#:~:text=Tinctures%20are%20concentrated%20herbal%20extracts.,not%20all%20extracts%20are%20t inctures!&text=If%20you%20are%20using%20vinegar,it%20is%20not%20a%20tincture.

Therefore you can't have a Tincture without alcohol.

Correct.

Now please explain the differences and what they mean in terms of delivery methods.

All I want to find out is if the ones made with glycerine are effective.

I have to wait for the results, about 6 weeks.

Cool....I get you....but understand that Glycerine and Alcohol do different things.....especially in terms of delivery method....and it is very important to understand delivery methods when considering how to treat one-self.

Different carriers and body conduits give you different uptake speeds and levels.

Effective at drawing out the remedies good things INTO the product ?....or effective at delivering those good things INTO the body?

I agree with you. One important reason to research different methods is the effectiveness.

I also plan to test other methods without glycerine or alcohol.

One important point to take in consideration is the health condition of the person, sugars and alcohol are not good for some people.

I wish I could spend more resources and time in my research, I really believe soon this type of knowledge will be a survival factor.

It'll be useful to have stored medicines with a 2 to 5 years shelf life.

Shelf life is always a challenge.

www.electrummagazine.com...

www.livescience.com...

<< 1   >>

join